Breakaway memorial FRIDAY

But often the receptionist filters as a first stage.

Ours are all online these days for the initial stage. You can never actually get through to anyone on the phone. It does work well, but you feel for people who aren't so savvy with tech.

Ours are all online these days for the initial stage. You can never actually get through to anyone on the phone. It does work well, but you feel for people who aren't so savvy with tech.
And that probably goes to a receptionist first.

My friend is a receptionist at a doctor's surgery. I think she wants to kill herself or other people on a daily basis. They get treated appallingly.

My friend is a receptionist at a doctor's surgery. I think she wants to kill herself or other people on a daily basis. They get treated appallingly.
It's a fucking lousy job for pretty much minimum wage. Some people are fucking entitled cunts.

It's a fucking lousy job for pretty much minimum wage. Some people are fucking entitled cunts.
It is minimum wage. Which obviously will go up soon, but apparently all the budget for wages is going on the receptionists minimum wage meaning no pay rise for anyone else.
So my friend does prescriptions half the time, she's moving to full time to get off reception. So she will be in charge of everyone's repeats.
But because of the wage budget, she won't get a pay rise above minimum wage. So she's pretty pissed off because she's studied for 2 years whilst working there to get this position.

Was it a telephone triage system? I know wankers go on about telling a receptionist (sorry, CARE NAVIGATOR) what's wrong with them, but they really do work.

In theory.

The fact it took me, someone with recurring, long- term cancer, over a month to be signed up to the Covid "vulnerable" list once they stopped giving everyone jabs and stopped carers getting them (which I hadn't realised was how I was registered) was not acceptable and that was ENTIRELY down to poor telephone triaging, at which point my Doctor finally said it was ridiculous and put me on the "must be seen same day" list. And then despite that, and considering said cancer appears lots of times on my feet, I would have expected the fact I suddenly got NUMB TOES out of nowhere to be pretty high priority but the triage nurse told me the next appointment would be a month away until I kicked off and demanded that I be seen same day as per my notes.

I just don't think they're all qualified to do what they do. I think it's fair to blame said individuals- they're doing the best they can- and for simple things, yes, great, but they're not able to deal with more complex things or people who fall outside of those parameters.

Again, the problem is not necessarily the people who work there (I agree- it's thankless), but the whole fucking structure not paying properly and being destroyed by successive Tory cunt governments.

We SHOULD be entitled. We're PAYING for it!

I genuinely don't know why people choose to be doctors receptionists. For a minimum wage job, go work in a hotel, or dental practice, or shop. It can't be as stressful as a doctors.

Again, the problem is not necessarily the people who work there (I agree- it's thankless), but the whole fucking structure not paying properly and being destroyed by successive Tory cunt governments.

We SHOULD be entitled. We're PAYING for it!
The problem that the people acting like entitled cunts can't join the dots.

The problem that the people acting like entitled cunts can't join the dots.

I know what you're saying and I agree with you, but there really is a level of "will this do?" that permeates the lower level positions at my doctor's surgery. I am able to understand why that is and I am also able to politely retaliate against it, but equally that's because of my own social abilities/ education/ background, right? I don't think your level of education/ exposure should have a bearing on the care you get.

But yes, there will always be cunts.

In theory.

The fact it took me, someone with recurring, long- term cancer, over a month to be signed up to the Covid "vulnerable" list once they stopped giving everyone jabs and stopped carers getting them (which I hadn't realised was how I was registered) was not acceptable and that was ENTIRELY down to poor telephone triaging, at which point my Doctor finally said it was ridiculous and put me on the "must be seen same day" list. And then despite that, and considering said cancer appears lots of times on my feet, I would have expected the fact I suddenly got NUMB TOES out of nowhere to be pretty high priority but the triage nurse told me the next appointment would be a month away until I kicked off and demanded that I be seen same day as per my notes.

I just don't think they're all qualified to do what they do. I think it's fair to blame said individuals- they're doing the best they can- and for simple things, yes, great, but they're not able to deal with more complex things or people who fall outside of those parameters.
That's very true. I know from systems they use that you could easily get channelled down a 'foot pain' route than a 'cancer' one.

The problem is anyone with half a decent brain won't stay in that job to be treated with contempt and paid shit.

That's very true. I know from systems they use that you could easily get channelled down a 'foot pain' route than a 'cancer' one.

The problem is anyone with half a decent brain won't stay in that job to be treated with contempt and paid shit.

That's an interesting point I hadn't really thought about- they're just using a computer, aren't they?

But to be fair, that's what I'd already done when I filled in the online form to get the call in the first place...so it should have been noted that this was different.

I know what you're saying and I agree with you, but there really is a level of "will this do?" that permeates the lower level positions at my doctor's surgery. I am able to understand why that is and I am also able to politely retaliate against it, but equally that's because of my own social abilities/ education/ background, right? I don't think your level of education/ exposure should have a bearing on the care you get.

But yes, there will always be cunts.
If there's a 'will this do' at the lower level, it goes all the way to the top. I've worked in about 20 surgeries over the last decade and a half and it's always been the same.

That's an interesting point I hadn't really thought about- they're just using a computer, aren't they?

But to be fair, that's what I'd already done when I filled in the online form to get the call in the first place...so it should have been noted that this was different.
Probably. One of my surgeries only uses an online booking system, and I often end up booking appointments for my clients because they don't have online access or aren't savvy enough. It's very basic and you have to know how to present it. Deep vein thrombosis is more worrying than simple leg pain but could easily be input as that.

Feel like shit today. Just absolutely drained… been a whirlwind couple of weeks.

A lie in tomorrow should help.

My doctors sent a text telling me that the outside door to the surgery would only be opened for pre-booked appointments between 7am and 8am from last Monday because people were turning up in person at 7am when the surgery opens to get appointments from reception staff so that they didn't have to wait until the phone line opens at 8am. That meant that by the time 8am rolled around all of the emergency appointments had already gone.

Never had Covid had all jabs most think I emune πŸ‘ŠπŸΌπŸ˜³πŸ’ͺπŸΎπŸ˜‚
Bizzyyy few mounths up carnt wate break Amsterdam be so kool of postmen move on might get go Jim πŸ˜³πŸ˜‚

Ligers isz kool fact

Let's have a FRIDAY LIGER.

ligers-first-generation-hybrids.jpg

My last experience with a GP involved ONE WAY TEXT MESSAGES

I tried to book an appointment online.
Text message: "go to the hospital for a blood test, pick up the form from reception, Thanks, Jon BonJovi GP"
Text message: "your blood test was fine, other stuff [redacted], thanks, Bob Dole GP"

WELL THANKS FOR YOUR PERSONAL CARE

I've had a lovely day at the coast at a school assembly and building site, and then was treated to lunch overlooking the sea by the principal.

Not my usual Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom