Can we bring back the Banshees forum?

Banshees?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

COB

The ā­ šŸ‘¹
New poll for 2022! There has been some discussion of this today, so let's see what we think.

I'll say yeah why not?

It's probably worth a lil think about Moopy post lockdown. I think we're still in a good place, but we could easily end up with 2017 numbers if we look away.

Yes please.

We are an active sub-community of Moopy.

My fellow Moopers, please do not silence us just because you don't share our interests.

Allow us to have our freedom.

Let us listen to who we want, when we want and post about it free from the shackles of the Real Music forum, where we have to share with sad boys with guitars.

Be on the right side of history.

Vote YES.

I vote yes.

Makes it easier to block the Screechers
Hey @ZenGiraffe
tumblr_ny6tz91Psv1uke22ao1_500.gif

All of you voting yes need to put your money where your mouth is and stream Becoming All Alone by Regina Spektor.

Thank you.

Not trying to start anything - it's not a big issue. If everyone's happy, run with it. :bruised:

Yes please!!!!!

But I agree with @win_the_game that 'Banshees' is problematic in 2022
Maybe we can call it alt-females?
But that might be a bit TERFY?
Yes I think gendering it probably causes MORE of a issue!

It could just be "Singer/songwriter icons" (as long as everyone is fine with me deleting any Ed Sheeran threads that dare to be posted in there).

Reactions: COB
I am glad this thread is getting traction because I remember I made several requests over the years to bring back the forum and they were ignored.

Well guess what?

This time it's different.

My sisters are with me and we will not be burnt at the stake because of Moopy's patriarchal ways.

giphy.gif

Yes I think gendering it probably causes MORE of a issue!

It could just be "Singer/songwriter icons" (as long as everyone is fine with me deleting any Ed Sheeran threads that dare to be posted in there).
But that's a bit... dare I say vanilla?

:eyes:

Let's think of something from a Tori/PJ/Kate/Aimee/Liz/Sarah etc. album title or lyric?

How about ---

• THE CHOIRGIRL HOTEL
  • THE SENSUAL WORLD
  • LOST IN SPACE
  • LITTLE AMSTERDAM
  • A CORNER IN WINSLOW, ARIZONA
  • A CORAL ROOM
  • ELSEWHERE
  • A PLACE CALLED HOME

etc. etc.

Let's be subtle and cryptic and when our fellow Sisters wander into the forum they'll find out more

(and yes I'm editing more suggestions into my post.)
If moderator says YES (please?) then can we poll up some thread name suggestions

Tori would probably be delighted to call herself a Banshee. She probably reckons she knows a few real ones.

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: COB
The official campaign starts now.

@Administrator

Let it be known that I am officially on hunger strike and will be playing Precious Things live versions on a loop until we get the
BANSHEES FAERIES & CRONES forum live and re-instated

I wanna smash the faces
Of those beautiful boys
Those Christian boys
Those patriarchal Moopy admins that got rid of the Banshees forum
So you can make me cum
That doesn't make you Jesues

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom