Can we bring back the Banshees forum?

Banshees?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Should yes retain the lead tomorrow morning then I'll do it then.

Please have the name and tagline ready by then. I will also not be moving any threads once created because LIFE'S TOO SHORT
Thank you so much!

Let's keep YES in the lead Crone lovers

I always thought Banshee was the term used mainstream by the fans as an affectionate description. Not just a moopy thing. Up for a new name of course though. Banshee doesn't really fit anyway for the singers it refers to nowadays.

I liked many of your suggestions
So we should go with the suggestion of something left field like a song or album title / reference.
I just want the forum back please.
Maybe you should do a separate poll of those. I was trying to think of Heather titles too but the closest fits are ‘Talking To Strangers’, ‘Maybe An Angel’ and ‘Not Only Human’ from the top of my head.

Maybe you should do a separate poll of those. I was trying to think if Heather titles too but the closest fits are ‘Talking To Strangers’, ‘Maybe An Angel’ and ‘Not Only Human’ from the top of my head.
Yes but it looks like we can't go with that option now - they can be used as tags but not as a forum name.

OK in which case maybe we just go with something along the lines of @Iguana 's suggestion, i.e.

Forum name suggestions: Singer-songwriters; FUCK THE PATRIARCHY; Alternative; alt-songwriters etc.
Forum tag line suggestions: The Choirgirl Hotel; A Coral Room; A Place Called Home etc.
We won't bow to patriarchal conditions.

Wait a second... we may have to if we want the forum back!!

How about we just go for 'Alternative Music' or something?
That can also encompass any other indie bands who don't really fall under the REAL MUSIC umbrella (which reminds me is possibly also problematic in 2022)

Actually can we have FUCK THE PATRIARCHY as a Moopy logo/icon/tagline in general
OK thanks

How about we just go for 'Alternative Music' or something?
That can also encompass any other indie bands who don't really fall under the REAL MUSIC umbrella (which reminds me is possibly also problematic in 2022)
Alternative Music is too wide I think. We don't want the riff raff in.

How about

EARS WITH FEET

I have always hated the REAL MUSIC forum title. We're deliberately insulting the people who might want to use it, so it's not surprising it doesn't get used much.

But no I’m not sure about these forum titles - I didn’t think Banshees was particularly problematic but if not that then Alternative would be alright

I suppose we should just have a poll for that after this is officially declared a roaring success

I have always hated the REAL MUSIC forum title. We're deliberately insulting the people who might want to use it, so it's not surprising it doesn't get used much.

Yeah I mean Suedey said problematic but I don’t see that, but yes it doesn’t really make much sense in the context of moopy in 2022

Agreed. I also hate Music For Gayers, but then I don't post in there. I think all those titles could do with an overhaul though

Yeah I mean Suedey said problematic but I don’t see that, but yes it doesn’t really make much sense in the context of moopy in 2022
Well it's exclusionary isn't it? There is a subtext to it in the same way there is a subtext to 'Banshees' and 'Music For Gayers'.

I do not want us to digress too much here though.

This thread is about bringing back what used to be known as the Banshees forum.
Hopefully the Yes vote will remain in the lead by 09:57 tomorrow morning and if so then I say we go with @Iguana 's suggestion above.

Agreed. I also hate Music For Gayers, but then I don't post in there. I think all those titles could do with an overhaul though
In which case if we do then we can call the one The Rainbow Room or something
And the new Banshees can be The Choirgirl hotel etc. etc.
But this is a bigger discussion and project, so I accept & respect what @dmlaw and @ZenGiraffe have stated and under the current forum names and guidelines I support Iguana's suggestion.
Thank you.

Fiona Apple GIF

Yes I think gendering it probably causes MORE of a issue!

It could just be "Singer/songwriter icons" (as long as everyone is fine with me deleting any Ed Sheeran threads that dare to be posted in there).
no promises

Voted no after reading some of these name suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom