VoR

Take it or leave it
Genuinely curious.

1200px-Pheasant.jpg

Without checking, obviously.

Last edited:
I think it might be some kind of HAT

Last edited:
Poor Eileen. They don't have them in the South East London GHETTO, you know. All you get in your garden there is feral children raised by urban foxes :(

Last edited:
To be fair I'm not just being a bitch, I'm genuinely fascinated to know whether it's just Eileen because it really is a small step above not knowing what a PIGEON is from my perspective.

He's not the only one... once on Pointless they had a grid of 12 pictures of British birds, including a ROBIN and a BLACKBIRD, and some girl went "I literally know none of them... I'm going to say BLUEBIRD" :(

I think our MYSTERY BIRD was in there as well, but I can't remember what score it got.

Last edited:
Never seen one of those around these parts. But I'm guessing it's some posh breed of pheasant?

I can't recall ever seeing one outside of a zoo or country park.

Oh look I found it. 15, not 12, even worse. HOW MANY CAN YOU NAME? I got them all except the middle one. But my mum is a bird geek.

COUErPTXAAA6w9h.png

Last edited:
I can't recall ever seeing one outside of a zoo or country park.

I can well imagine they're not a common sight in urban London. It was more the fact that they're so common elsewhere and feature so much in British culture - Animals of Farthing Wood, Danny the Champion of the World, as the name of countless pubs etc.

In any case they're everywhere in more rural areas. Especially dead in the road, given they're so spectacularly stupid.

Last edited:
I'd be able to make a decent guess at what it was, but I'm not sure I've ever seen one in real life hence why I lumped myself in the second option.

Struggling with this a LOT. Is #1 a blackbird then? I can tell it's not a crow from the beak. 2 is a blue tit, 9 is a magpie, 11 is a pheasant, 12 is a robin. That's about it for me.

I have of course eaten, tasted great - a little too bony however.

I was AGOG to see frozen pheasant in Aldi last week. Together with fresh sea bass and monkfish. Whatever next?

Last edited:
Where did outside the M25 Eilleen profess to not know a pheasant from a game hen? I appear to have missed something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom