Charlie Brooker's BLACK MIRROR

TurnerPrize

time to dance
Sweet christ this sounds AMAZING. It's three separate hour long pieces, all written by Sir Charlie (additional material: Konnie Huq) where he holds up a 'black mirror' to our miserable rotten society :santa:

It starts tomorrow night at 9 on Channel 4, which puts it up against Xtra Factor and an audience with Beyonce, so i guess it has little moopy chance, BUT according to today's paper episode one features (QUITE A BIG SPOILER)a popular royal princess being kidnapped, with the kidnappers saying they'll only release her if the Prime Minister goes on live tv and has sex with a pig. !!!!!!!!.

I'll DEFINITELY be watching this (perhaps on +1 though). I wasn't wildly keen on Dead Set, but this first episode looks great!

Dead Set was AMAZING

I hope he's crowbarred a role for inexplicable BFF Aisleyne Hogan-Wallace into it.

Actually are they even still hanging out? I do hope so...

Sweet christ this sounds AMAZING. It's three separate hour long pieces, all written by Sir Charlie (additional material: Konnie Huq) where he holds up a 'black mirror' to our miserable rotten society :santa:

It starts tomorrow night at 9 on Channel 4, which puts it up against Xtra Factor and an audience with Beyonce, so i guess it has little moopy chance, BUT according to today's paper episode one features (QUITE A BIG SPOILER)a popular royal princess being kidnapped, with the kidnappers saying they'll only release her if the Prime Minister goes on live tv and has sex with a pig. !!!!!!!!.
That spoiler sounds a bit shock value vile to me :-/ I had been excited for this before I read that though

Oh, I recognise that spoiler! It was tossed about as an idea in a Screen Burn column about five years ago :D

I will definitely be watching this over Beyonce. It's the REAL TV for me.

That spoiler sounds a bit shock value vile to me :-/ I had been excited for this before I read that though

holy moly interview said:
Talking about the show, he said:
"The idea came to mind when watching Gordon Brown apologise to Gillian Duffy. I thought 'who's in charge here?'

"You're watching the news and following Twitter and it's like the world got out of bed and banged its head and is hallucinating. I've attempted to capture a day like that."

~oohie~

I'm NOT SURE but I'm GOING TO WATCH IT

I mean it's not like I'm going to be watching the X-factor or Béyôncé is it, y'know what I'm SAYIN

Last edited:
This programme has given me a new appreciation of the slow roasted pork shoulder that I had for dinner.

Ooh Julia Davis next week

"After the X Factor final" :D

I liked it. Black as night, but very good. I knew the plot and I still watched the whole thing like this : :o

I liked it. Black as night, but very good. I knew the plot and I still watched the whole thing like this : :o
I was more like :bad:

A good idea done pretty badly, I thought.

I was more like :bad:

A good idea done pretty badly, I thought.

Howso? I liked that it was played totally straight. The pace was quite rushed, but I think if they'd done it as a series it would have fallen apart from the sheer ridiculousness of the central premise.

Yes same here. Me and my brother were turning away when it got to the pig despite knowing they'd never show it.

I thought it was brilliant though, and I loved the HACK getting her ankle shot to pieces and was actively shouting for them to hurry up and catch her.

What is next weeks about?

Howso? I liked that it was played totally straight. The pace was quite rushed, but I think if they'd done it as a series it would have fallen apart from the sheer ridiculousness of the central premise.
I just thought everything was OFF. The news programme looked shit, the reactions in the pub missed the mark (people were either laughing or wincing; nobody was agog that it was happening) and there was very little that was 'believable' (in as far as it could/should have been) about it for me.

It was also very fucking pleased with itself and its amazing concept.

They're making a third series of Nighty Night? :o

There was a tiny piece in the SUN TV GUIDE a few months ago where Angus Deayton mentioned Julia started writing this year and has a great idea where to 'take Jill'

CANNOT WAIT.

OMG NO WAY!

:disco:

Last edited:
(people were either laughing or wincing; nobody was agog that it was happening)

When the girl from around here got the dog to fuck her everyone pissed themselves laughing.

I was just coming to post that :D :D :D

Apparently KONNIE HUQ co-wrote the next episode :D :D :D

I did think Julia sounded very Dannii in the clip. I wonder if it's going to be a MASSIVE HATCHET JOB :D

As for Nighty Night Series 3, I'm excited but Series 2 really was virtually laugh-free so I hope it's an improvement.

As for Nighty Night Series 3, I'm excited but Series 2 really was virtually laugh-free so I hope it's an improvement.

What a CROCK OF SHITE

It was a definite step down, but that's ABSOLUTE NONSENSE

Series 2 had it's moments but it was PAINFULLY OTT in parts. It's all about the SUBTLETIES with Jill.

WE NEED A NN THREAD/FORUM :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom