Charlie Brooker's BLACK MIRROR

This was entertaining.

How many endings did you get?

I don't know

I mean

I hear there are five main ones. I think of them I had two, maybe three. But I had a number of variations on them.

Super spoiler alert...

The one where you chop up his dad was my favourite... and I think the only one where the game gets a good review.

Taking acid route was also fun.

I don't know

I mean

I hear there are five main ones. I think of them I had two, maybe three. But I had a number of variations on them.

Super spoiler alert...

The one where you chop up his dad was my favourite... and I think the only one where the game gets a good review.

Taking acid route was also fun.

yeah that was my first ending, the Netflix one is bonkers

yeah that was my first ending, the Netflix one is bonkers
I'm so annoyed because we missed the Netflix one. We clicked to credits instead by accident. Oh well, next time.

And oh, the "enter the correct numbers" sequence which makes you feel clever but DOES NOTHING

I really like the casting for the episode too. I've not met the main guy before; but blonde guy has been in a few things, asim choudrey is a bit out there, but works & and of course the dad is tremendous in Misfits.

I’m probably going to watch it later tonight. How does it actually work though? You make choices for the character or what?

I had one run through last night, I was far more entertained than Ms Ron but then I am far more nerdy than her. It's a gimmick but I really enjoyed it, I even got a bit stressed at one point. The thing I liked best is that the transitions are close enough to perfect, theres no buffering or loading when your choice plays

I've seen a flow chart on twitter that shows you all the outcomes but I'm going to watch it on my own a couple of times first starting with choosing sugar puffs instead

I totally went for frosties too.

I've seen a flow chart but it showed no difference based on that choice.

It was impressive, clever, immersive, layered - but yeah I did get a little weary.

As ever with Brooker, the 1980s nostalgia angle, especially that WHSmith which was pretty spot on, especially as I know Croydon (where it was filmed).

I had one run through last night, I was far more entertained than Ms Ron but then I am far more nerdy than her. It's a gimmick but I really enjoyed it, I even got a bit stressed at one point. The thing I liked best is that the transitions are close enough to perfect, theres no buffering or loading when your choice plays

I thought it was very impressive how smooth it all was, much more so than I imagined it would be. Very clever and I enjoyed it is a one off bit of fun.

Also agree that the record buying WH Smith scene was great to look at. It was kind of timely with HMV's current situation too.

A flow chart of the routes you can take (people are so quick at doing this shit):

IMG-20181229-223435.jpg

It seemed like all the usual Black Mirror concepts and endings cobbled into one giant whole, like Black Mirror's own theme park ride. I loved it though, great performances throughout and it ended just in time to stop it being repetitive. The logic started to make my head hurt but I gave up trying to pick it apart after about 5 seconds because it's all a gimmick anyway. A GREAT one though.

I think we found all the endings first time through going by that chart and if that dial up sound is true. Thank fuck because I have no inclination to go through it again any time soon.

I spent ages trying to figure out where I knew the therapist from. She's done loads, but I mainly know her from this little horror comedy gem:

I've given in and started reading up and apparently there are sections that change on 2nd, 3rd etc watch.

Considering this could have been gimmicky I think the effort they've gone to is imense and has really made it brilliant, its taken the CYOA format and improved on it.

I was very satisfied with everything I saw and apparently I missed some really quite big options
I never chose to kill the dad - one time it forced me to but I wasn't asked whether to chop up or bury the body. I also repeatedly said no to finding out about mum in the early psychotherapist scene and eventually it let me not find out - I was pleased it didn't just force me to. I wanted to save that bit of info for later...!

I particularly like the
Netflix ending because it was all so meta (and also like something out of Kill Bill suddenly!) and then the one where you could choose to die with mum - and he just died in the therapist's office. Thought was clever

I’m glad they’re back to 3 episodes, 6 always felt too much.

So this is back. I've watched the first two:

The Street Fighter sex episode - weird, hot, overlong, not terrible
Andrew Scott hostage episode - way more like it. I wish those two had got it on

"I fucked a polar bear" is my new line.

I very much enjoyed the Miley Cyrus episode.

A fairly weak series, but that's only compared to previous hits.

Only watched Striking Vipers so far but I quite enjoyed it. There was about 10 minutes that I thought it dragged a little, but the ending more than made up for that.

The first one really suffers from lack of decent dialogue in the 30 odd minutes when they're not just having computer game sex or getting to the point.

I enjoyed it, but not enough to watch again.

Both the hostage one and the Miley one are good. No major OMG moments but good yarns about modern stuff nonetheless.

I watched and enjoyed "Rachel, Jack and Ashley Too" - you could see how it was going to develop and end a mile away (seriously, there was a whole ONE twist) but that didn't stop it being great fun and making its point.

well, the dual points about the disposablily of the actual humans in a capitalist image-led economy as well as the sinister nature of AI and how it has infiltrated our homes via Alexa etc

I thought all three episodes were perfectly fine without being especially jaw-dropping. I think the quality of the writing remains generally high (Rachel, Jack & Ashley too being by far the weakest, but still fun) but it's inevitably lost a lot of its power to surprise.

The one with the masc4masc online shagging was easily the best I thought. Andrew Scott's incredible performance in the social network one elevated it massively.

Just watched Striking Vipers - thought it had loads of interesting questions posed, without being earth-shattering. What does it mean to cheat? How far can addiction take us? Does VR open up your inhibitions? I thought the casting of black men in the roles was interesting too. It didn't need to be, but it added something to that feeling of repression and confusion they felt in my eyes.

season 6 trailer

omg! :disco: looks very RETRO!

starring Aaron Paul, Ben Barnes, Himesh Patel, John Hannah, Kate Mara, Michael Cera, Monica Dolan, Rob Delaney, Rory Culkin, Salma Hayek and Zazie Bests.

Just watched the first episode.

Amazing. Weird. A nonsense, in the best way.

although surely you'd just do a digital detox for a few weeks, or live a life so boring it would get cancelled

I especially loved when Alexis came through in her character

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom