Chromatica v Future Nostalgia (2021 definitive vote)

Chromatica or Future Nostalgia?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Future Nostalgia and its not even close

The top album of 2020 >>> a good Lady Gaga album

Plus I connect with Dua Lipa more than I ever have with Lady Gaga

I know which album I heard songs from when I finally went back to a club

It was BOTH :disco:

what were the results of the last vote? I seem to recall Dua running away with it.

I won't repeat my thoughts on Chromatica, having just essayed on it, except to say—great album, but Future Nostalgia is the runaway winner here.

an explosively good dance-pop record that channels the infectious joy of early 00s Kylie and feels at all times* like an artist alive with newfound confidence. smash after smash. it's a religious experience.

*final two songs notwithstanding; I don't know her.

• Love
Reactions: RJN
Dua-Lipa-Love-Again-Music-Video.gif

let's face it - you know you've MADE IT when you have your cowgirl era (a must for any serious popstar) as a seventh-single victory lap :disco:

Dula Peep is fine, but the fact the most memorable thing about her is someone getting her name wrong SAYS IT ALL

Future Nostalgia by a MILE.

In fact I think I only listened to Chromatica for the first time about two weeks ago :D It was ok but it’s no FAME MONSTER is it.

lots of SHY LITTLE DULA PEEPS, given the results of the poll so far...

Also if I was dancing in the club, I know which of these albums I'd be excited to hear a track from and which I would be going to the bar for.

Which part of the infamous Dua Lipa story/personality do you connect with? :zsazsa:
Well not so much her story but I just find her likable and like somebody I would want to be friends with. Nothing groundbreaking but I just find this more relatable than Gaga, who is great but not someone I personally relate to

I love a lot of Lady Gaga’s music and like Chromatica, Dua is just my favorite pop star in a long time

L. Gaga is deep in ha "contempt for my fans and don't want to engage with the world; have a sponsored ad!" era. Dua is loving every second of what she's doing and just having a ball of fun. they cannot be compared right now.

Well not so much her story but I just find her likable and like somebody I would want to be friends with. Nothing groundbreaking but I just find this more relatable than Gaga, who is great but not someone I personally relate to

I love a lot of Lady Gaga’s music and like Chromatica, Dua is just my favorite pop star in a long time

I saw her live before she made it big. It was very good. 🥰

I think sometimes in the era of Spotify song lengths and popstars being "relatable" Instagram celebrités rather than untouchable icons, we forget that playing the pop game should still be joyous and fun.

that's what Dua is bringing. she's bringing the visuals, she's still into the art of the music video, the songs lean into pop, she's performing album tracks on awards show stages, she's crafting mini "lewks" per single campaign, she's saying you want a popstar? I'M GAME. I'LL BE YOUR POPSTAR.

If she's not for you, fine, we can debate whether she has charisma or whatever 'til the cows come home.

but enough of the world is under her thrall, now, in a time when big explosive pop music with a hint of showmanship is hardly in vogue, to suggest she has more than enough charisma, talent and staying power.

she's the popstar we need right now.

I’m not sure. Dua’s has the higher highs but are 9 strong tracks better than a full solid album containing some strong tracks?

SNAP POLL!

not anyone in here particularly because frankly I didn’t read it all, but I did :eyes: at the implication that you’re basic if you stan Chromatica, but then voting for Dua Lipa

SNAP POLL!

not anyone in here particularly because frankly I didn’t read it all, but I did :eyes: at the implication that you’re basic if you stan Chromatica, but then voting for Dua Lipa
Yeah but who implied that?

we need @POP! to come up with a fucked up TWIST so we can get an extra round and include Katy Perry's Smile :shock:

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: COB
The answer is clearly Future Nostalgia and that is NO SHADE to Chromatica.

Both complimented 2020 beautifully. 2021 pop doesn't appear to be giving us such regal treats.

Well in the spirit of unity :eyes: I’d say that if it was best album, I’d vote Chromatica, but if it was best singles, I’d vote Dula Peep

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom