Coronavirus

Are you worried about contracting coronavirus?

• Yes, I am absolutely terrified

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Yes, I am slightly concerned

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • I am neither concerned or unconcerned

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • No, I am slightly unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • No, I am totally unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Bring back the old poll

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Charlotte Awbrey tits out doing the Macarena

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I believe VoR is evil

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
I didn’t realise a reported positive LFT already counts towards the daily numbers. If you then get a positive PCR does that count twice?

I didn’t realise a reported positive LFT already counts towards the daily numbers. If you then get a positive PCR does that count twice?
No apparently it just counts the once.

In fact at the moment they aren’t even counting reinfections in the daily figures! Apparently that’s going to change though and it counts as a 2nd case if it’s at least 90 days after the first.

How does France's population compare to the UK?
C98E8205-4E5A-4BD0-A183-FC832B3E9300.jpeg

Ooh you can get LIVE updates of this. Very similar but both currently channelling Lisa Scott Lee outside the Top 20.

And yes it wouldn’t be this government if it didn’t gaslight us all by (1) removing the requirement to test and (2) declaring that cases are then going down.

We’ve only got 19 cases in the actual country today but 43 new infections at the border (everyone does 14 days in hotel quarantine upon arrival).

That Omicron is a-knocking :o

I tested positive on a lateral flow :(

What am I meant to do now? Do I get a PCR to be sure? Some people are saying not to as it can take up to six days to get that result back and then you have to isolate from then regardless?

Do I just isolate and keep testing myself until it’s consistently negative? Elp me moopeh

What am I meant to do now? Do I get a PCR to be sure? Some people are saying not to as it can take up to six days to get that result back and then you have to isolate from then regardless?

Do I just isolate and keep testing myself until it’s consistently negative? Elp me moopeh
I reckon the best thing to do is to isolate until you’re sure. Stay strong Berly beb 🤗

:( I think just isolate for at least 7 days, isn’t it?

Or is it 5 now and have to wait until 2 straight days of testing negative after that? I can’t keep up.

If you’re asymptomatic they’re saying you don’t need to get a PCR because logging the positive LFT is enough, as there’s more chance of a false negative than positive.

It's different depending on whether or not you've had a booster. If you haven't, it's PCR and isolation.

You isolate from now for 10 days from your positive, or from when symptoms started. You don’t need a PCR to confirm.

You can end your isolation on Day 7 if you’ve had negative tests for two days in a row.

:( I think just isolate for at least 7 days, isn’t it?

Or is it 5 now and have to wait until 2 straight days of testing negative after that? I can’t keep up.

If you’re asymptomatic they’re saying you don’t need to get a PCR because logging the positive LFT is enough, as there’s more chance of a false negative than positive.

They've made it far too difficult, as always. Typical Tories, no straight answers.

I never got a PCR test after my recent positive lateral flow test because I couldn't get one for the first three days. I isolated for seven days and kept doing the lateral flow tests. I managed negative ones on day six and day seven, which means that isolation is now over. I think that's in line with the current rules...

Thanks everyone. Isolation and lat flows it is. I feel fine, I took the test because I was supposed to be going on a date tonight.
On the bright side, it shows your date (for whenever its rescheduled) that you're a considerate person

Urgh it’s getting me spooked now. We’ve gone from double digits in the WHOLE country, to 4475 in a WEEK. RED ALERT

We’ve mostly escaped it, but I’m having major deja vu after last new year. New year is when people go back to their hometowns, and with cases so low, people did exactly that.

At least people are still wearing masks and alcohol spray etc and now the shit is hitting the fan, I think people will try to be a lot more careful

On the bright side, it shows your date (for whenever its rescheduled) that you're a considerate person
I mean, it was a first date so meh… but I was also supposed to be celebrating my birthday on Saturday night 😢

As long as I’m out the woods for Friday 14th to go see Scream then I can live

• Care
Reactions: RJN
I never got a PCR test after my recent positive lateral flow test because I couldn't get one for the first three days. I isolated for seven days and kept doing the lateral flow tests. I managed negative ones on day six and day seven, which means that isolation is now over. I think that's in line with the current rules...
What was the point in doing LFT’s every day? It wouldn’t change when isolation ended apart from 6 and 7?

What was the point in doing LFT’s every day? It wouldn’t change when isolation ended apart from 6 and 7?
I didn’t do them every day. The line was really faint on the first one and I was hoping it would go away so I did a couple of subsequent ones.

I didn’t do them every day. The line was really faint on the first one and I was hoping it would go away so I did a couple of subsequent ones.
How much do they cost there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom