• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spoiling my ballot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
And Labour have just taken the delightfully named EREWASH from the Tories

Reactions: LTZ
Screenshot_20230505_164710_Guardian.jpg

What's the Green Party's best bet for the 2024 election outside Brighton and Hove? They seem to be building more and more momentum, it'd be nice to see them pick up at least one more seat in the HOC.

Tories eradicated completely from my childhood home council Stockport. 0 out of 63 seats. I can barely believe it. Fingers cross they finally lose both their Westminster seats (Cheadle, Hazel Grove) next year.

What's the Green Party's best bet for the 2024 election outside Brighton and Hove? They seem to be building more and more momentum, it'd be nice to see them pick up at least one more seat in the HOC.
I don't know if it's their best bet, but Thangam Debbonaire's Bristol West must be high on the list. It was on their list last time, and in the last council elections here in 2021, it returned 16 out of 19 Green councillors.

I don't know if it's their best bet, but Thangam Debbonaire's Bristol West must be high on the list. It was on their list last time, and in the last council elections here in 2021, it returned 16 out of 19 Green councillors.
And I forgot to add that one of those Green councillors is their co-leader Carla Denyer who finished second to Thangam in 2019. Although she had 24.9% compared to Thangam's 62.3%, so it will take one hell of a swing. But it has a very high student population, who are those most likely to be turning away from Starmer.

The last time I checked they did alright in Bristol, Lewisham and Norwich. That may be quite old info.

Picking up those rural council seats is a big moment though. They could eat into rural Tory or seats quite easily if they repeat their form in Suffolk and Hertfordshire.

Has anyone been keeping track of how many seats they've flipped from the Tories vs from Labour?

Has anyone been keeping track of how many seats they've flipped from the Tories vs from Labour?
Hard to tell when there are so many GREEN GAIN FROM CONSERVATIVE or LIB DEM GAIN FROM INDEPENDENT.

At a guess the numbers are probably fairly reflective as the Lab, LD and Green gains roughly match the Tory losses.

Screenshot_20230505_172553_Chrome.jpg

I'm really enjoying the hastily prepared excuses on Twitter. Apparently, it's not a victory for the other parties at all! People just stayed home rather than vote, because the Tories haven't been tough enough on immigration.

Yes, that would be why Dover, the only town in the entire country that might have reason to fear the imaginary migrant crisis and actually give a shit about 'stopping the boats', has swung to Labour.

How many left to declare? Are we looking at a couple of dozen or potentially hundreds more losses to come?

1000 seats was a worst case scenario for the Tories. They didn't actually think they would hit that figure, so anything less could be spun as a positive. :disco:

I hope they all have miserable weekends and at least a handful end up in A&E.

• Care

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom