Cruel Summer: THE SMASH HIT SINGLE (finally #1!!!)

is Cruel Summer going to #1, four years later?

• it will be a UK or US #1

• it will not be top 5 but not #1

• it will become one of her signature hits

• JUSTICE FOR GETAWAY CAR

Results are only viewable after voting.
She's released the live version from the Eras film. Will it count towards the figures? The original version is tacked onto the end too after a remix.

Last edited:
Inevitable speculation that an Eras Tour album release is coming because of this.

Inevitable speculation that an Eras Tour album release is coming because of this.
pretty sure it's not, not yet anyway. the audio is quite clearly ripped from the film. I think they just wanted an easy streaming boost to snatch her that Hot 100 #1.

anyway loving the live version with extended outro and the camp "sing the lyrics to the bridge with me!" moment.

I mean, IT MUST BE! I need to have the audio for the Intro/Miss Americana segueing into Cruel Summer on Spotify STAT.

edit: also Don't Blame Me transitioning into THAT version of Look What You Made Me Do which just tops the album version for me these days.

In at #10 in the US and #51 in the UK (live version).

I love how this has been done to get the US #1 but will probably see it fling back up next week in just about every other chart :D

In at #10 in the US and #51 in the UK (live version).

I love how this has been done to get the US #1 but will probably see it fling back up next week in just about every other chart :D
#1 combined US Spotify (between live and album version). It should have this week's Hot 100 #1 in the bag and maybe next week too with nothing else gaining.

ROUGH VOCALS on the live version :D :disco:

I found it baffling how obvious the dubbing was on the TS Eras movie while her back up singers weren't audible at all.

She's known for releasing multiple remixes and even live versions of her songs and it's quite a hoot how she acts all surprised. Taylor PLEASE.

I love how they’ve reset it from ACR this week only for it to probably not chart next week due to her having more than three from 1989 taking its place. Her team seem such trolls :disco:

Depends which do the best, but as they are all re-recordings they will all be new entries in the next chart. At a guess maybe Slut, Style and something else may be the three that do the best and thus are chart eligible?

I love how they’ve reset it from ACR this week only for it to probably not chart next week due to her having more than three from 1989 taking its place. Her team seem such trolls :disco:

I thought the rule was no more than 3 songs from one album rather than no more than 3 songs by one artist?

it should be per album! it would be insane if any of these knock Cruel Summer off the chart since it'll likely be back next week anyway?

She’s #1-#3 on first look. They are naturally falling though, and Cruel Summer is already back up to #15 on Spotify and #17 on Apple. It did about 35k last week so it is still quite possible the 2nd/3rd TV track doesn’t reach that by the weeks end and it remains in the chart. Worst case I’d say it’ll be back in next week anyway.

it should be per album! it would be insane if any of these knock Cruel Summer off the chart since it'll likely be back next week anyway?

Girl no. I love some Tay Tay but she’d have about 10 songs in the chart every week if it was three per album!

I see this logged it’s 16th week in the top ten which I think makes it her longest runner ever. Plus it avoided ACR so is on track again to stay there. Xmas will clear it out (and as it is over three years old it may not return like the rest of the chart in January as I don’t know if it will get auto reset due to its age), but this really has become absolutely massive chart wise for her.

it's such a fucking classic. what a dream for her to be able to snatch a hit like this organically. would love a dance remix or two.

Up three to #7 this week to celebrate its 25th week in the top ten :D Based on the climb I’d imagine it’ll have avoided ACR and will have at least another three weeks in the top tiers. Nuts :D

Current chart run:

28-12-6-3-4-6-7-7-4-5-4-2-6-7-7-17-20-14-3-x-7-9-8-9-25-61-63-96-5-7-8-9-9-10-7-9-7

The x was when Slut! Now That We Don't Talk and Is It Over Now TV's entered, and the three weeks outside the top 60 were Christmas. :o

I just love it so so much. and I'm so happy her biggest hit ever is this. BANGER

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom