Cruel Summer: THE SMASH HIT SINGLE (finally #1!!!)

is Cruel Summer going to #1, four years later?

• it will be a UK or US #1

• it will not be top 5 but not #1

• it will become one of her signature hits

• JUSTICE FOR GETAWAY CAR

Results are only viewable after voting.
Radio One mentioned she has a new entry coming up this afternoon, which likely alludes to this being back. Looks like it may have been reset as it wasn’t anywhere near in the midweeks…

Yep - reset and straight back in at #28. Given how it’s now doing on streaming (top ten Spotify and flying up the others), this should surely blast into the top 20 next week, possibly top 10/15.

With Taylor Swift's new single being called 'Cruel Summer' and Carly Rae Jepsen's called 'Shy Boy', I'm wondering if Meghan Trainor is going to bring out a song called 'Love in the first degree'!

What's this about a reissue of Lover as well? C'mon Taytay, we broke out here!

Well, that's what I thought - surely not? Unless it's going to be like that version of Midnights that was available at one gig.

Although I'm obsessed with All Of The Girls You've Loved Before and it would be nice for it to have a HOME :(

Was lover among the albums bought by Scooter? Or is this just re release chat?

What I read on Twitter was Re-Release chat with extra songs "from the vault" like AOTGYLB as well as the Shawn Mendes duet version of Lover, though some tracklists looked fake as fuck, some even mentioned an unreleased Selena Gomez duet, AS IF :D

Lover (From The Vault) is clearly fake but if its gonna give us need i'm here for it.

#3 in Australia, #9 in UK midweeks, #8 in NZ, #13 in US. How the hell does she do it :D
I;m sure there will be some corking theories running around social media about how she was genetically engineered by the Illuminati to trans your kids or some such.

Tayvoodoo, it's an actual thing. just look at the state of everyone who tried to come for her (Kanye, Katy, Scooter).

Could be worth contrasting this with the state of everyone who was in the Bad Blood video.

New peak of #6 in the UK this week. Will it be flushed out next week if 3+ Speak Now tracks debut above it?

#1 on US pop radio. Still utterly batshit how an album track from four albums ago has done this but totally here for it :disco:

it'll surely hit #1 on the general US radio in one month give or take. if the music video is real, she should release it on the 26th of August and #1 on the Hot 100 is on lock that week.

a #1 hit from every album she's released since 2012 (Red) is astonishing.

Has it got a shot at #1 at all?

US streams last week:

2. Cruel Summer 9,129,895 (+40k)
3. Last Night 9,126,121 (+14k)

Radio update from yesterday:

3. Last Night 77.18 (-1.31)
4. Cruel Summer 76.58 (+0.64)

i reckon with the 1989 TV boost, she's got it on lock.

Last edited:
I know timing and all that but I wish she’d make a ridiculously big budget video for it.

This had a great run over the summer: 12-6-3-4-6-7-7-4-5-4-{2}-6-7-7-17-20

This week it looks likely to climb after the concert hit cinemas. Midweek #14

Impressive it took so long to hit ACR. And then that it is still top 20 happily whilst on it :D

looks like it might be a few points short and end up #2. but they've discounted on iTunes so maybe the tiny boost will do it.

it's such a magnificent song. like me, it gets better and better with age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom