• Only if she releases another Bad Romance

• Only if she goes back in time and doesn't record Joanne

• Only if RedOne comes back

• Only if she sticks to movies from now on

• Only if she starts wearing dresses made of hay and worms again

Results are only viewable after voting.

OutSynk

Nexus Being
It seems to me like this forum is DEAD most of the time and after @Tramell was bullied away there is no one left to give a shit.

Tell me your thoughts about Gaga. Are you still excited about her? What do you expect from her next album? Do you still listen to her? Can you even bother to reply to this?

I mean... she hasn't done anything since A Star Is Born, so I'm not sure what there is to talk about right now? I'm sure once she has a new record it'll pick up.

Anyway Shallow went a long way towards making me like her again after her solo material (IMO) got worse and more self-indulgent with every post-Fame Monster release.

I also found her naked desperation for the Best Actress Oscar weirdly endearing. :D

Well I felt like even A Star is Born couldn't drum up MUCH here. The Cure thread seems to have been VERY popular although maybe that was just Tramell giving us regular chart updates for 10 pages.

I think she’s the best pop star the gays have now. The big ones have left their pop sounds for whatever is popular at the moment (I’m looking at Ariana, Katy and Taylor), and while they are still CAPABLE of doing a great pop smash, I can’t invest in them if they’re just going to make trap or mumblecore next album because Billie Eilish is big or something.

if she just kept on the gay interest club music she would be definitely over, or at best she would be Carly Rae Jepsen.

I can put up with self indulgence if it’s good. Much rather that than hit-chasing.

I'm excited to hear her next album. She's growing as an artist in a way I like. She'll always have a bit of a weird attitude problem but I'm ok with that, and I'll no doubt go into loon mode when the next record is released.

I was absolutely obsessed with A Star Is Born and its soundtrack, which put me right back in the fold. I did really like Joanne too though, despite a few duffers, and her halftime Superbowl performance is one of my favourite performances EVER

Well I felt like even A Star is Born couldn't drum up MUCH here.

Most of the conversation around that took place in the film forum

https://www.moopy.co.uk/threads/a-s...g-actress-lady-gaga-and-bradley-cooper.91935/

One other good thing is that she’s never (to my knowledge so don’t ruin it) said her old music was shit (DWYW doesn’t count).

Oh, well never mind then *cancel*

tbh I’ve gone off it a bit. The idea of Gaga & Beyoncé was the big selling point

I guess I meant more like the people who totally disown their breakthrough or debut albums. I’m not sure what it is.

I mean I don’t mind Mandy Moore saying it if she never wanted to make that kind of music. But by the same token I was a bit put off when Måns Zelmerlow said his older MF songs were shitty.

maybe the difference is that I love Cara Mia more than Mandy’s back cat

Telephone can rot. It never really fit on The Fame Monster in the first place. Also the tacked on FEAR OF SUFFOCATION metaphor gave me HIVES. It's a song about getting your pussy popped on the dance floor, it's not that deep.

I think she’s the best pop star the gays have now. The big ones have left their pop sounds for whatever is popular at the moment (I’m looking at Ariana, Katy and Taylor), and while they are still CAPABLE of doing a great pop smash, I can’t invest in them if they’re just going to make trap or mumblecore next album because Billie Eilish is big or something.

if she just kept on the gay interest club music she would be definitely over, or at best she would be Carly Rae Jepsen.

I can put up with self indulgence if it’s good. Much rather that than hit-chasing.
I'd say A Star is Born was a bit GP pandering so it remains to be seen if she can stick to her guns and do whatever she wants to do.

I'd say A Star is Born was a bit GP pandering so it remains to be seen if she can stick to her guns and do whatever she wants to do.

I didn’t really feel like that, coming off the back of Joanne. I mean that album certainly didn’t feel like hit-chasing (as demonstrated :D) In fact I might argue that Perfect Illusion was hit-chasing in stark contrast to the rest of the album’s tone.

I didn’t really feel like that, coming off the back of Joanne. I mean that album certainly didn’t feel like hit-chasing (as demonstrated :D) In fact I might argue that Perfect Illusion was hit-chasing in stark contrast to the rest of the album’s tone.
I guess I meant it in the way that she and her manager specifically had a plan to lube up the GP again by making her more normal and relatable beginning with the jazz album.

I guess I meant it in the way that she and her manager specifically had a plan to lube up the GP again by making her more normal and relatable beginning with the jazz album.

but beginning with the jazz album she’s had as much lubing up as regular albums (I don’t recognise The Fame Monster as a different album :hitleremoji:)

right??? The Fame (Monster), BTW, Artpop, then the jazz album, Joanne and A Star is Born? how much lubing do people need?

As Willam says, 2 hits and anything fits. (Did she get 2 hits from any of those lube albums though?)

but beginning with the jazz album she’s had as much lubing up as regular albums (I don’t recognise The Fame Monster as a different album :hitleremoji:)

right??? The Fame (Monster), BTW, Artpop, then the jazz album, Joanne and A Star is Born? how much lubing do people need?

As Willam says, 2 hits and anything fits. (Did she get 2 hits from any of those lube albums though?)
It is thought that some FATIGUE had set in among the GP starting with Born This Way and culminating with ARTPOP and the jazz album and Joanne were a way to course correct and show she's a REAL ARTISTE while also toning down on the HAY and WORMS. A Star is Born was another extension of that and I think now the stage is set for her to properly smash again.

I Want BASIC Gaga back.

Fuck the rest of these so-called popstars. We gays are in desperate need of SALVATION but not coming from all these two-bit "queens" who nobody cares about/knows about. don't @ me and tell me Gaga died so Ava Max could live

Here’s a list of the Gaga songs that I actually like :)

=1. Alejandro
=1. Mary Jane Holland - No idea why but :disco::disco::disco: SANS FIN!
3. Applause - Actually SENSATIONALLY good
4. Poker Face
5. Paparazzi

So nothing particularly recent and everything 100% BASIC :disco:

Poker Face and Alejandro INVENTED pop music so I don't think you can call those basic. Applause? Yes.

Not to mention the upcoming quadruple-platignum-on-pre-order albam from pop goddess LOUSE :disco:

Just can’t believe the ingratitude tbh. It’s WANT WANT WANT with you internet gays!

Do I give a shit about Gaga? Mmmm maybe. Do I have time for her? No, not really, not since like 2012.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom