Dolly Parton - World On Fire (from Rockstar - new album)

Exciting! Is there not meant to be a Stevie Nicks collaboration on this album too? :disco:

There is! The tracklist is absolutely chaotic :D

01. Rockstar (special guest Richie Sambora)
02. World on Fire
03. Every Breath You Take (feat. Sting)
04. Open Arms (feat. Steve Perry)
05. Magic Man (feat. Ann Wilson with special guest Howard Leese)
06. Long As I Can See The Light (feat. John Fogerty)
07. Either Or (feat. Kid Rock)
08. I Want You Back (feat. Steven Tyler with special guest Warren Haynes)
09. What Has Rock And Roll Ever Done For You (feat. Stevie Nicks with special guest Waddy Wachtel)
10. Purple Rain
11. Baby, I Love Your Way (feat. Peter Frampton)
12. I Hate Myself For Loving You (feat. Joan Jett & The Blackhearts)
13. Night Moves (feat. Chris Stapleton)
14. Wrecking Ball (feat. Miley Cyrus)
15. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (feat. P!nk & Brandi Carlile)
16. Keep On Loving You (feat. Kevin Cronin)
17. Heart Of Glass (feat. Debbie Harry)
18. Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me (feat. Elton John)
19. Tried To Rock And Roll Me (feat. Melissa Etheridge)
20. Stairway To Heaven (feat. Lizzo & Sasha Flute)
21. We Are The Champions
22. Bygones (feat. Rob Halford with special guests Nikki Sixx & John 5)
23. My Blue Tears (feat. Simon Le Bon)
24. What’s Up? (feat. Linda Perry)
25. You’re No Good (feat. Emmylou Harris & Sheryl Crow)
26. Heartbreaker (feat. Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo)
27. Bittersweet (feat. Michael McDonald)
28. I Dreamed About Elvis (feat. Ronnie McDowell with special guest The Jordanaires)
29. Let It Be (feat. Paul McCartney & Ringo Starr with special guests Peter Frampton & Mick Fleetwood)
30. Free Bird (feat. Ronnie Van Zant with special guests Gary Rossington, Artimus Pyle and The Artimus Pyle Band)

2385ADFD-0668-4832-B827-C16661E4F40D.jpeg

I hope her vocals aren’t too heavily processed and it’s disappointing that Kid Rock is on this but otherwise it’s the musical event of the millennium

I’ve just realised this is released in NOVEMBER :dead:
everybody needs time to emotionally prepare.

Wrecking Ball rock duet with Miley screams the must-not-hear musical event of the year.

I’ll probably never listen to this 30 track album, but the list of collaborators just shows how much good will she has built up. Everyone loves her!

This ALBAM reminds me so much (I've not heard it yet mind, #tension) of when VH1 was big in the UK and I'd switch over for a few exclusives and Behind the Music's :disco:

This is out. Lots of Dollyoke versions of your favourite ROCK AND ROLL classics, featuring every act who has ever lifted a guitar.

her Purple Rain is great honestly. the voice is in quite good condition.

I skimmed through it earlier. Unsurprisingly, the rootsier stuff fares better than the rest. Her version of You’re No Good for example.

I may never recover from what she does to Heart of Glass though
:ToneNervous:

I skimmed through it earlier. Unsurprisingly, the rootsier stuff fares better than the rest. Her version of You’re No Good for example.

I may never recover from what she does to Heart of Glass though
:ToneNervous:

It's quite upsetting that the duets with both Stevie and Debs are quite rubbish.

I haven't even attempted to brave the whole thing (and probably won't!) but her version of "Every Breath You Take" is GORGEOUS.

She is a force.

Heard clips and it was like one of those extended adverts for compilations you had to phone a number to order.

#3 is less frustrating than #2 I guess, and a fantastic result any way you look at it

As for the actual content of the album, I'll need to give it a few more spins to gather my thoughts and that may take several months

A deluxe edition out today for Dolly’s birthday, including a version of Jolene with Måneskin, and covers of Hit Me With Your Best Shot and Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom