Drag Race: Canada Vs The World

I’m really not sure why Icesis is in this cast considering she won Canada S2? Especially now we have had an all winners season, why would a winner go back on this?
And as a winner, wouldn't you hold out for a second winners' season? Although presumably this was filmed well before the first aired. Probably after UK v The World though, which should have been a warning.

I really don't get why they don't just make Allstars international from now on instead of stretching the format to breaking point with these. They do come across as a bunch of whoever they could cobble together.

Mind you, I can see why Scone went for it, there will be a prize if she comes to Canada right?

Well there would be if she won anyway :eyes:

I do find it interesting that it is Drag Race over any other format of reality television who has managed to not just create another lucrative format in successful AllStars seasons but able to cross pollinate franchises in a way I don’t believe we’ve ever seen before… I’m thinking Idol, X Factor, NTM but could be wrong

I don't like to be mean but Vanity Milan being chosen for this is... inexplicable

Her Meet the Queens video is rough too

Cannon fodder?

So another shit season then.

I'm fine with Vanity, she's a decent lip syncher at least. The attitude often doesn't match the talent though.

My post WAS a bit mean so I will add that I love Ra'Jah, Icesis and Silky and am pleased to see Anita getting a shot at wider exposure, especially after her curtailed run on her season.

Also I've met Kendall and she was LOVELY so I'm rooting for her as well.

:)

I don't like to be mean but Vanity Milan being chosen for this is... inexplicable

Her Meet the Queens video is rough too

Cannon fodder?

Yeah I don't begrudge anyone getting another crack of the whip or exposure if they want it.

But I'm EVER SO looking forward to her just saying "DIRTY RICE" as a context-free catchphrase again :vomit:

I will now become mean again and declare that I cannot stand Victoria Scone

I will now become mean again and declare that I cannot stand Victoria Scone

DO I remember correctly or did she have a rather BRUSQUE attitude post-show about something? I always got the scent of evil from her

What a terrible cast! I think I’ll only be team Rajah, Rita, Anita, Kendall and Stephanie and Vanity too. (Well I guess that’s half of them :D)
Iceis is lovely too but she really shouldn’t be here.

I think the hosting nation having a previous winner makes sense in some ways. I mean, unless it brings back Laurence C, in which case omg it makes no sense.

Silky will always be Silky and I'll always be watching. In usual Drag Race conditions, she's a formidable opponent, but not a winner - perhaps this is her chance though.

Can't face the others in one sitting - I watched Vanity's so at least I know they can't get any worse for soundbites with zero impact.

Reactions: dUb
Can't face the others in one sitting - I watched Vanity's so at least I know they can't get any worse for soundbites with zero impact.

Now you SAY that
I was tempted to watch a few since they’re only a minute long but …

At least the Meet the Queens things are NEVER good, regardless of the season quality

I always (world of) wonder why they’ve never cracked making Meet the Queens any good - I don’t really know what the add that a great reveal trailer does. They just sit there and wheel out catchphrases, dragisms and go on about how they’re going to snatch the crown

What does that mean? It’s a video!
Yeah but it's like you said, just them talking about themselves and random catch phrases. Meet the Queens would be best if it was a compilation of pictures and videos of the queens' careers. Get a taste of what they've done. I learn more about them from their work that way.

Yeah but it's like you said, just them talking about themselves and random catch phrases. Meet the Queens would be best if it was a compilation of pictures and videos of the queens' careers. Get a taste of what they've done. I learn more about them from their work that way.

Or do it panel style - sure they’ve cocked that up a few times, that Bob one everyone hated, and that shambolic live one for S10, but it could work.

I liked the S12 one in Yvie’s haunted warehouse

Ugh Victoria's schtick is quite annoying - does she always talk in that Kim Woodburn / Patsy affectation

Oh no dear.

Maybe she'll do another death-defying soft knee-drop in the first episode and go out early again.
Tbh this is not limited to her in DRUK, one of the reasons I went off it a bit in S3

It’s not funny enough to just go oooh I love caaamp in that voice

:wow:

So how are we feeling about this? After DRUKvsW was the most horridly cursed series since… well Down Under 1 wasn’t that long before, I feel like this will be more of the SAME

10 more days. It feels like it should have came and went already. I'm still up for it, I think the almost non-existent stakes can bring out the best and worst in some.

ru-pauls-drag-race-alyssa-edwards.gif

Already had enough of Silky.

I looove Anita. He was literally in the year below me in high school.

Agreed. If any of them seem ripe for a boost it's them. And they'll probably be one of the least competitive.

For my sins that actually looks quite fun

Yeah I think so. Tbh the problem with the UK one wasn’t the queens (well I guess it was Baga) but the format just fucked it all over.

I think the queens here are mostly lovely (well except lesbian Pixie Polite)

I will of course be watching but the casting for this is bewildering

Scone - why wouldn't she just do a Veronica/Eureka etc and do the next UK drag race? Now maybe she's thinking more exposure but that feels like cheating and the Drag Race Gods shouldn't allow it. Did she turn down S4 UK? It's all very weird.

Icesis - she WON, I mean why? When some similar opportunity will likely appear down the road...when a previous winner might need it more. It feels too soon and pointless.

Vanity - what an horrific signing! I can only assume this is to counter the UK vs The World series where the UK was preordained winner, so may as well send something uncompetitive here, with Scone alone presumably getting a respectable position. Maybe Vanity will surprise us all and up her game to cannon fodder. But still that's a rather unfair jump when there are better UK queens who would have been itching to compete

Okay in fairness that's the only 3 odd castings, the rest is fine. I've no problem with previous Allstars queens, this sort of thing feels like the next logical step. Guessing Silky will have a stronger run than last time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom