Drag Race: Canada Vs The World

I am of course mostly here for Anita, the real winner of Down Under 1, who will hopefully prove to be a delight. I was convinced we'd never see those Down Under queens ever again and they've gone and picked the best one. Please don't be shit.

And Rita Baga - she gave winner vibes throughout all her season, I was kind of amazed she never took the crown in the end as lovely as Priyanka is. This feels like it could be comeback territory, unless they decide Kendall is getting that story arc vs Icesis. Which okay, but Rita was on another level.

I can see this being a good one actually. Can you imagine if they fuck it up with silly twists and voting which sees all the best ones out early. IMAGINE such a thing!

Willam said on Race Chaser that some of the girls on this season were alternates as they couldn’t get who they actually wanted, and it shows to be honest.

I am of course mostly here for Anita, the real winner of Down Under 1, who will hopefully prove to be a delight. I was convinced we'd never see those Down Under queens ever again and they've gone and picked the best one. Please don't be shit.

And Rita Baga - she gave winner vibes throughout all her season, I was kind of amazed she never took the crown in the end as lovely as Priyanka is. This feels like it could be comeback territory, unless they decide Kendall is getting that story arc vs Icesis. Which okay, but Rita was on another level.

I can see this being a good one actually. Can you imagine if they fuck it up with silly twists and voting which sees all the best ones out early. IMAGINE such a thing!

I love all this and the other post - totally agreed.

PS out of season 2 do people really think KENDALL was the one who was robbed?
flavor of love wtf GIF

And speaking of villains, I hope next season of this shit will include a couple of our Italian truck drivers.

ava-hangar-drag-race-italia.gif

Willam said on Race Chaser that some of the girls on this season were alternates as they couldn’t get who they actually wanted, and it shows to be honest.
It also makes sense with how they are all queens who appeared on a show in 2021 anyway. Production on those shows probably pounced on them immediately.

I'd say just give this one to Silky so they can finally put her out to pasture, but if she wins that opens her up to the next all winners season, so...

I don't think she's a bad person or anything, she just sucks all of the oxygen out of the room moreso than any other queen I can think of.

She's also just not funny. Every second she says is "Bitch!". She's more clown than comedian.

I think that was true in 2019 too but in AS6 she seemed sort of defeated (and then was defeated)
And then everyone said she wasn't giving enough. Opinions are opinions but she didn't dominate the space at all in All Stars, and her lip sync episode was a roaring success, sloppy or not. She also came off so well when they gave it to Eureka in the end.

She and Rajah are lovely picks for this season in every way, aside from the fact that it's so soon since their last run. But then, that's every contestant except maybe Rita.

I'm also deeply in support of more Down Under Season 1 queens returning. It was a great cast that was hampered by poor production and circumstances.

Who was allowed to return to her own season for no good reason already?
Which turned everyone against her and meant they couldn't recognise her positively carrying that season with her confessionals.

Also her YouTube review show is everything.

And she shouldn't have been sent home in the first place.

The only problem I have with any of them (Kendall and Vanity aside, who I just have no desire to see again) is that none of them have really been gone away long enough for me to have any real sense of anticipation for their return. Anita is the only one where I do have that sense, and that's because we only had her briefly so it feels like we didn't see everything.

The only problem I have with any of them (Kendall and Vanity aside, who I just have no desire to see again) is that none of them have really been gone away long enough for me to have any real sense of anticipation for their return. Anita is the only one where I do have that sense, and that's because we only had her briefly so it feels like we didn't see everything.
I want her to do so well but I'm worried she'll be sent home in week two with no fan fare.

Which turned everyone against her and meant they couldn't recognise her positively carrying that season with her confessionals.

Also her YouTube review show is everything.

And she shouldn't have been sent home in the first place.
Either way, I've seen all I want from her. Right now, at least.

PS out of season 2 do people really think KENDALL was the one who was robbed?

God no, it was the right winner (I think, I can't remember now...okay I just checked maybe Pythia), but I can easily see the fake storyline planners pushing for a Kendall vs Icesis angle, forgetting that Rita (at least in her season) was better than both of them.

Stephanie hopefully won't just be fodder, as I recall that season lost a lot of promising queens early on.

Yeah, there were quite a few early exits from queens who I wanted to see more from - Stephanie was a big one, but also Suki Doll (and if we're talking members of the 'brat pack' I'd much rather see Synthia Kiss again than Kendall). Pythia can wait for a US All Stars, I reckon she could hold her own there :disco:

The cast of Canada S2 I feel were made totally redundant by the mess that was the cast of S3! Bring the latter group back! :disco:

I cannot wait for MORE Icesis :disco: absolutely one of the best queens from any franchise EVER! Was not thrilled she's returning so soon, but it means MORE Icesis so I'm fine with it.

I love that apparently all the Canadian queens hate each other too :D It's really a franchise that has found a home in my HEART!

This is SUCH a good premiere?
SO much fun, and the cast really work together. I honestly think I prefer Brooke to RuPaul as a judge these days. She's supportive and invested, but also knows knows how to stay DETACHED.
A GREAT CHOICE to do a campy upbeat pop number for the song too, much easier to sit through THREE TIMES in a row.

I must shout out Icesis' mug and wig on the runway, which were absolutely BREATHTAKING and probably one of the best paint jobs I've ever seen on Drag Race. I feel it deserved a comment from the judges even if she wasn't in the top. At one point in the Untucked segment it cut from a shot of Icesis to Anita, and the sheer chasm of DIFFERENCE in regards to their make up was really very apparent :D

Stephanie and Vanity both feel a little out of place compared to the other queens (and that's taking into account Vanity's success in the challenge). Anita also needs to up her game. That runway in comparison to the others was NOT IT!

For anybody confused in the UK - it's on iPlayer, under Canada's Drag Race, under a sub-section. QUITE hard to find and well hidden tbh.

Reactions: VoR
Said previously inthis thread, from a very reliable first hand source that a number of first choice queens said no because they weren’t going to put themselves up to be judged by Brooklyn, so I definitely believe it

The Silky hate all seems very trapped in 2019. She was lovely in All Stars and comes off very well in that promo clip too.

Love the phrasing here, I'll be using it in the future.

And she was just wonderful in this episode.

Brooke's entrance with the mullet/Upchuck from Daria silhouette was everything. They were all having so much fun here. I don't think she pulled off the played-up safe caution, but mostly everything was correct or constructive from the panel. Anjulie was the most helpful I've ever seen a workroom advisor be, probably ever.

Icesis made it very clear why she won her season - the verse, delivery and make-up were laser and razor precise. Boy did she show up her "bandmates" who unfortunately were bottoming no question.

I really enjoyed Anita's verse and put the delivery critique down to them simply not comprehending what her Down Under Goofy-on-crack voice was saying. Her outfit had potential, but it wasn't enough of an upgrade from her own season to stand out in a good way.

Ra'Jah remains absolutely glorious. I even couldn't get enough of her trying to claim purple yet again with the floor comment. A queen who seeks to amuse themself first and foremost is exactly what I look for. Didn't like her runway, but who cares, it was "another Ra'Jah original hee hee".

I loved the Bonjour Hi song. I wouldn't mind an Anita, Rita Baga, Ra'Ja, Icesis and Silky edit.

The lip sync was good. There was a stunning shot of Vanity for a few seconds, but I really do dislike queens either strutting in front of someone (not here) or mimicking their opponent's moves for a cheap 'lol', which happened here twice. Vanity was pretty bulletproof in her verse and did win the lip sync even if I wouldn't have put her in the top to start with. I hope she can relax a bit now.

Brooke also looked dressed for the finale. I've only seen this episode once and don't want to oversell it or anything, but I was definitely impressed.

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised - I did like all the queens, I think Vanity and Stephanie are the ones I'm not especially interested in, but here we are. I was worried I wouldn't care about any of this, but it did feel sort of sad by the end. :D at Kendall saying she might get "Pangina'd", sure Jan. She did look great though.

I was a bit surprised at the judging from the maxi challenge, I thought Silky (and to some extent Rajah) were a bit loosey goosey with the lip syncs, and Anita didn't really impress that much.

Speaking of Anita, her judgement made me think, does "elevated" - the word they use all the time on Drag Race, does it just mean more expensive now?

And I still think it's weird Icesis is in it. Is Brad not judging on this season?

it all felt a lot more lighthearted and fun than some of the limpness (especially in the panel) of CDR3 - I wonder if they were filmed back-to-back (and if so, I wonder if this was filmed BEFORE 3?)

Can't believe I'm watching 3 seasons of Drag Race at the same time, but DRUK4 is finishing next week (I'm also halfway through Down Under 2)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom