Drag Race: Canada Vs The World

She did have that weird moment in her original season when she claimed to be a registered Republican ’for strategic reasons’ :eyes:

Silky definitely nailed the look
but not the Lizzo

It’s an impersonation challenge, not a cosplay challenge - that goes for SCONE too :kim:

It blows my mind how bad queens can still be at picking a Snatch Game character. GOLDEN RULES:

- Don't pick anyone who's really funny and generally in on the joke themselves (Adele, Kim Woodburn, Miriam Margolyes etc etc) - there is nowhere you can go with it
- Don't ever pick a fictional comedy character (Vicky Pollard, Kath Knight-Day, Nan, etc etc) - there is nowhere you can go with it

At least this terrible snatch game lacked the latter.

I'd also add DON'T LISTEN TO RU as a third golden rule, but tbh although switching your character at his request will mean you're not funny, it does mean you'll sail through to the next week to save his dignity. To Brook Lynn's credit she didn't pull any Ru-type shenanigans here.

I agree that both challenges in this episode were bad, but I still like the mix of queen in the werk room and I thought all the runway looks were really, really strong. I agreed with the bottom two, but would have been happy with Vanity in there too - gurl ain't as good as she thinks she is, and the humourless way she talks herself up is really grating. I'm sad we have two ropey UK queens representing us, although I was happy Scone called out the 'fish' business for what it is.

Ra'jah, Rita, Icesis and Silky are my top queens.

In fairness, Ginger Minj managed to make Adele funny. Anita just completely missed the mark - the accent was off, the one line about the divorce just wasn't funny and went nowhere. Really disappointing from her.

On the whole though I agree with you, the best Snatch characters tend to be those that leave room to subvert expectations or take it in all sorts of wild directions.

Iceni was the only funny one but I swear I’ve seen that exact impression with the same lines on this show before. As a rule I don’t really like the “this game is so shit I don’t want to be here” tropes that some of the characters fall into on Snatch Game. It always gets laughs but I find it quite lazy.

I thought it was a fun episode in spite of the actually performances. It's a fun cast.

Those queens clearly showed everything they got. There's no point of this season. (But I'm watching).

Also the segment with Justin Trudeau was embarrassing and uncomfortable to watch. Catcalling aside, couldn't drag queens speak/act like normal human beings for a minute?
Why should they have to alter themselves and play act 'serious' for that? They behaved as they would with any other guest which was refreshing.

I thought it was much better than the usual mirror moment.

That reading challenge was an embarrassment for something meant to be roughly akin to an All Stars season. Barely forgivable when that ends up happening on a regular season. The same goes for the Snatch Game itself.

Basically a giveaway that this whole season is going to be a write-off bar the runways of all the expensive gowns they've bought/Ra'jah's sewn since last time.

Also the Justin Trudeau "love, not tolerance!" stuff was all well and good, but it lacked a little certain something without him having the decency to go full tongues with Brooke Lynn to underline the point.

I hope Anita gets to shine next week. To have this platform (particularly after a short run in her season) and not take advantage of it would be a waste.

I have to question if my earlier hope for her to do really well was based on good will more than anything else.

I want her to do well too but it's a design challenge and that's what sent her home last time.

I thought she was fine last week though. And her Adele was one of many ropey ones. And at least she won the reading challenge and is coming over well.

The conversation has moved on now, but I can think of one big reason Silky might not have felt totally comfortable around Trudeau that has nothing to do with her own political viewpoints :eyes: All speculation though, obviously.

The conversation has moved on now, but I can think of one big reason Silky might not have felt totally comfortable around Trudeau that has nothing to do with her own political viewpoints :eyes: All speculation though, obviously.
Blackface ?

That's what I'm thinking, though as I say we don't know for sure. I don't think anyone could blame her if she had a zero tolerance view on that sort of thing, though!

I thought she was fine last week though. And her Adele was one of many ropey ones. And at least she won the reading challenge and is coming over well.
Her Adele suffered particularly because it was so one note - not even one joke. And of course because if you do someone who has been done before, you're always going to be criticised if you don't do it at least to the same level. And she was a hell of a way short of Ginger Minj.

I thought she may be safe from bottom two because of the reading challenge (considering about half of them barely even qualified as reads), but I don't really feel as if it was an injustice that she was.

Her Adele suffered particularly because it was so one note - not even one joke. And of course because if you do someone who has been done before, you're always going to be criticised if you don't do it at least to the same level. And she was a hell of a way short of Ginger Minj.

I thought she may be safe from bottom two because of the reading challenge (considering about half of them barely even qualified as reads), but I don't really feel as if it was an injustice that she was.
No I don't either, I'm just reassuring myself that she hasn't been doing that badly.

Icesis is effortlessly slaying this so far? It feels like she's on another level to the other contestants to me. I came in ALREADY a stan so I am biased, but still she's mopping them up - especially considering she could have easily been top 2 last week.

Anita I want to love but she feels so...regional? I wonder if it's a combined budget AND confidence issue.

Also surprised that more noise hasn't been made about Canadian Icesis sending home her season 2 sister Stephanie Prince over Anita? Or did the internet just collectively decide Stephanie probably needed to go? :D (or maybe nobody is watching :Icesiseyes: )

Remember when we sometimes wanted a busted queens season? This feels like it, but without the drama. :eyes:

I would have sent all three bottom queens home.

Such random choices this week but that basically solo lipsync was a serve

The best looks were Vanity’s and Anita’s fur outfits and Victoria’s hairy legs. :disco:

The idea of a drag king isn’t appealing to me at all, men are boring, we want gowns etc but that look and and reveal was a toot.

Just awful looks mostly across the board

The two initially safe queens should definitely have been too two

Also no way was Rita bottom but Anita has been horrendous (which is sad as I really liked them on down under)

I’m glad Anita is gone. She turned out to be quite one dimensional. Also the flat wigs….did no one tell her how bad she looks in them?

I screamed when they called Icesis as safe? She clearly had the best looks of the night - her lingerie was STUNNING, and the look she created was the best by far.

LOVED Victoria's drag king moment. It was so well done.

Anita's taste level is non-existent isn't it? That lingerie look is up there as one of the worst to ever go down the runway for me. Absolutely HIDEOUS :D

When this finishes in a few weeks, are we going to have a week without some sort of new Drag Race episode airing? :D
We've had at least one new episode from a franchise SOMEWHERE in the world pretty much every week this year :D

When this finishes in a few weeks, are we going to have a week without some sort of new Drag Race episode airing? :D
We've had at least one new episode from a franchise SOMEWHERE in the world pretty much every week this year :D
Never mind, there's always a festive rewatch of the Holi-Slay 'Spectacular' if you're desperate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom