Drag Race: Canada Vs The World

Whoever said these are queens with nothing left to show was dead-on. With the possible exception of Victoria (who I don't actually enjoy very much), it all just feels very tired.

I did feel for Anita in the sense that she was clearly out of her depth in terms of budget. But sadly it seems she was also out of her depth in terms of talent.

Not only have we seen it all, as I've said before, we've seen it all so recently as well. Give it a chance to build some anticipation at least.

It's hardly surprising that we're seeing little growth in any of this lot, considering the little time they have had since their previous season(s) has been blighted by lockdowns. On most previous All Stars seasons most of the queens will have toured the world and had a chance to develop their drag - and presumably earn a fair bit more, as well.

Soz but this was a ROBBERY! She really hits all my drag queen notes perfectly :disco:

weuykbp1gp3a1.jpg

I do appreciate however, the utter unfairness of having somebody that won 100K compete against Anita Wiglit however :D

Someone like Vanity has absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain from going but totally agree there just isn’t really anything to show. I don’t dislike her, I just don’t particularly care

Sorry, but that Sam Ryder reveal from Scone was not it. With so much scorn towards drag, the absolute cliches when they are left to get on with it is a very uninteresting package.

Icesis and Rajah were the tops. I feel we were denied a much stronger lip sync - splits and sleeve-waves were not cutting it for a song that dares to give It's Not Right, But It's Okay Thunderpuss a gag for it's money. Those "tops" were not supposed to be there.

As much as I still adore Anita, you couldn't argue her case. Although the roast has came a week too late for her, but then she should have had a hit with Snatch, but she didn't, so.

I have Icesis in a sweepstake so I'm on her side, but something about Rita just does it for me.

I thought US 14 was the best regular season for a good few years. And All Stars 7 the best AS season for a similar period as well.

But bloody hell, 2022 has given us some real low points too.

I've only seen English language ones this year though - when I get Wow again for US15, are there any international versions this year that are worth watching as well?

Yeah US 14 was decent (certainly a big step up from 13, if nothing else) and AS7 was a classic. UK4 started strong but unravelled. The flashes of brilliance still keep me on the hook.

In terms of international, I admittedly haven't watched everything but it's ALL about Espana. Can't recommend those two seasons highly enough.

I thought US 14 was the best regular season for a good few years. And All Stars 7 the best AS season for a similar period as well.

But bloody hell, 2022 has given us some real low points too.

I've only seen English language ones this year though - when I get Wow again for US15, are there any international versions this year that are worth watching as well?

Rank

France
Spain 2
Down Under 2
Canada 3
Italy 2
Phillipines
Netherlands 2

This is the worst season of the entire franchise, and not only of 2022. There is nothing exciting, I’m only watching because I don’t like to skip things.

I don’t know the story behind Iceis leaving but I don’t really care, it kinda felt like she chose to compete and then to leave as soon as she encountered a hurdle along the way.

Was glad they seemed to go ahead and eliminate another queen but then I guess we will have to put up with another week of Vanity Milan.

Also fuck off Silky for being such a shitty lip syncer by having another dreadful reveal and by trying to block the other queen.

Dreadful. Only Victoria was entertaining.

I think I’m done with this franchise. The 2 VS seasons have been awful.

Well this is what happens when you have so many All Star seasons that you end up casting SOME stars. Icesis leaving doesn’t help this season not one bit.

Am I alone in quite enjoying this? It’s not vintage by any stretch but I’m certainly enjoying it.

The main issue for me is I just don’t like Victoria or her style of drag. I find her irritating and the fact she’s the front runner is fairly tough to take.

Silky really has blossomed into a truly lovely queen. I thought the goodbye to Anita was beautiful and loved how she handled the Icesis stuff. Give her the win.

I like it too. Victoria is annoying me a little but is objectively very good, and Vanity just isn't great TV, but otherwise it's fun. I do love Rita and Rajah and Silky are fun. Brooke is a great host too. It is helped that I'm watching it with people I guess. Icesis is a big loss.

I'm finding it a lot more entertaining than Season 14 which alongside UK3 I just can't remember much of at all.

I burned through a rewatch of UK S3 recently. It's really not that bad. The worst element is Ru himself, who is totally checked out and makes some of his absolute worst and most baffling choices. (Double eliminating River & Choriza, dismissing Charity Kase from day one, convincing Scarlet that a one-note Macauly Culkin at Snatch Game was comedy gold :zombie: )

It helps that, despite the stick they got at the time, I now find Ella and Kitty to be very charming and fun.

The dynamic between Silky and Brooklyn now has my full attention. The quite harsh to hear from a sister "meet and greet" comment now seems to have them saying "thank you" and "you're welcome" as if throwing eggs at each other, which was repeated again later, not to mention Silky with Vanity. I really hated when the runners and such suddenly started to feature in the US season 7, but I'd genuinely love to see the faces of not so easy to watch V's talking head producers (or even get uncut footage of them all in general, which would also be fascinating with Jonbers who I still think either dumbed himself down out of sheer bunny in headlights panic/naievity or else got unwittingly stuck in personality quicksand with the assigned person, prompts and questions they got). I do like Vanity getting to experience being held in contention, but her initial UK season doesn't seem like she was given a hatchet job by the editing at all. With fish off the menu, which I do agree with (although I always recall Mrs Merton's joke about her bed-ridden husband putting his hands under the table to make his fingers smell of cheese), Victoria's declaration of vulgarity and a vagina that she wouldn't put anyone through (I liked that line) did seem a bit contradictory. I'd have guessed Silky threw that lip sync were it not for the as previously mentioned walking in front of no-no moment. Although she also looked quite uncomfortable at Scone's on stage obesity bonding sisterhood (then again, this is the same woman who was not recognised out of drag in a queue and declared misogyny - I *may* need to rewatch this scene before rolling my eyes at it, especially since I laughed to my friend that I'd say something similar). Scone at least thought about what she would do to inhabit the song - Silky getting perfume to skoosh out something not glittery or eye catching was running on empty as far as expectations of her killing a lip sync go.

Baga is lovely, but I think she was very lucky to not have been bottoming with Vanity and I think she may even well have been chosen to go had that been the case (or not given the departure).

Is Brad's husband the same one Willam got slightly pass ag at in season 4 for not remembering his unsuccessful audition? If so, I did smile at it being obvious he's had a Brad makeover.

I will watch it. But it's very much 'oh yeah, I haven't watched that yet' rather than appointment to view, isn't it?

I saw it! But I watched the last 2 back to back, I need to think before I write several paragraphs that only @GALA will have the patience to read :D

Don’t believe for a second that the crabby queens in here will really check out :unimpressed:

Honey if it ain't green 9 inches plus 9 para's plus, then, huh, I ain't interested mama okrrrrr.

I thought R-O' had this, but of course they had an issue with their delivery a few times so they couldn't possibly be as good as Victoria's ONE SIZE FITS ALL delivery.

Was really surprised at Baga pulling off that lip sync.

Another awful episode!

Rita winning this is a joke. Her acting was terrible, and her shtick was maybe funny first time you saw it, but it’s the same thing everytime.

I guess they want to even things out and therefore don’t want to give all the wins to Victoria, but so far she’s been ahead of everyone else. With Rajah as the runner-up but I think that she has underperformed so far.

Good riddance to Vanity! That exit comment about getting a black girl out, when she’s the one who’s eliminated a black queen on first episode. :zombie:

Is it overly dramatic to declare that the worst Drag Race acting challenge ever fabricated? I know the bar is continuously lowered into the corpse filled ground, but I'm sure I normally get one laugh, or a slight lip raise. There was NOTHING. One scene with Victoria and Rita seemed to drag on, where neither was at fault but could do nothing between them to make it tolerable. And that's with them being the best two this week. Painful.

I thought all the runways were horrible too :D

Only plus was finally discarding total energy and humour vacuum Vanity from spreading more weighty misery. The whole "I'm letting down the young black queens I'm representing" thing...erm I don't think so when I imagine they were let them down by you BEING the representation in the first place. If you've inspired anything it's surely for there to better options, and there was, so I suppose all is not lost.

...and yet I weirdly feel sorry for Vanity, she's obviously got that straight sort of personality that just can't do expressive and character which isn't her fault, and I thought in the challenge (from what we saw) the direction being given to her wasn't exactly helpful or encouraging.

Lip sync was decent, very pleased Rita pulled it off.

I'd say bin the franchise and let us have our UK All Stars now, I mean the whole vs the world thing doesn't even make sense, it's not like they're teams. It's just queens versus...each other?

I'm still upset Anita turned out to be dreadful this time around and now we've lost Icesis.

Given how the last one went, I'll just assume it's Rita's to lose now and that would be fine. Victoria has done well but I can't get fully on board, she's gotten away with playing herself far too many times

Also, thank fuck Rita voted sensibly. One of the worst things that stifles enjoyment for me is the potential every episode for a frontrunner to be binned by an inferior queen having the power stick dangled in front of their face. It's not gripping, it's shitty and uncomfortable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom