Duffy Kidnapped & Assaulted

Oh my God!

Was there not rumour of a kidnapping attempt at the time? But the report was that it was foiled. :(

Good to hear she's in a better place now.

I thought this merited its own topic but I feel a bit queasy at the title. There's no nice way to put it and I thought it better to use her own words than to be sensationalist. Open to changing it though.

not even Jessie J received such harsh treatment from Moopy, and she's far more deserving of it :shock:

Fucking Hell, this is horrible. Fair play to her for speaking out - it takes serious balls to put something so personal and harrowing out there for a public that have been less than complimentary about her at times.

I had always wondered what had happened to her, but just assumed that life living in the spotlight was not for her and she had made enough money to have a comfortable life.

OMG :o:( didn't she just escape from her flat on fire a few years ago? She's really been having a hard time, poor thing.

What a horrific experience. It seemed strange she’d just walked away from music but I thought maybe the lifestyle just wasn’t for her. Brace of her to speak up. Of course there are loads of questions that you think of that are not our business but hopefully she really is on track like she says.

I’m just perplexed how someone of her stature be kidnapped for a few days and it not make the press. Can you keep things like that quiet? Which leads to another question of did she know the person? As I said the main priority is that mentally she’s able to get over this.

Last edited:
Edit: In all seriousness, this is terrible. And good for her for speaking out. x

Last edited:
Sounds absolutely horrific. It must dominate her thinking so I'm glad she's got the courage to speak out.

2 men plotted to kill Joss, and I think are in jail.

She was heavily rumoured as being addicted to heroin a few years back, so there's a likelihood that could have something to do with her recent misfortunes - she'll be in close proximity to some really nasty circles. Poor girl :(

I heard she picked up a terrible Diet Coke habit too, wouldn’t go on stage without it. So off her face she rode a bicycle through a supermarket :(

She was heavily rumoured as being addicted to heroin a few years back, so there's a likelihood that could have something to do with her recent misfortunes - she'll be in close proximity to some really nasty circles. Poor girl :(
I wouldn't say there's a likelihood this was heroin related due to utterly uncorroborated internet rumours from years ago :D it seems like QUITE A LEAP

I decided to read some old articles about her and she seems to have had quite a troubled, unhappy childhood/upbringing and seems full of self doubt as an adult. I’m not relating it to this awful story but it’s so at odds with the image she portrayed when she was Duffy pop star, I feel very sad for her.

Last edited:
I mean, with all the sympathy in the world for the horrors she's evidently been through, surely you'd have to have been high on crack to ever think that Well Well Well was an acceptable comeback vehicle?

Last edited:
So she’s gone into more detail in a post on her website as she couldn’t cope with doing a spoken interview. It is a horrible experience and terrible for her. Who knows what state of mind you would be in with this situation but some of this is downright bizarre and asks more questions than it answers, not that she should have to give out more than she wants. I felt very sorry for her reading the bit about spending the last 10 years alone. What do we think?

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-52177265

It doesn't sound quite right does it? But then why should it?
I know, it’s tricky because it’s an awful experience yet she’s brought it out there so I think that having questions doesn’t equate to disbelieving her.

Well my very first question is that it happened on her birthday after being drugged in a restaurant. Surely she was with friends and/or family at that restaurant. Did not a single one of her birthday do companions try to contact her for four whole weeks after that night before getting suspicious and filing a missing persons report?

The bit I found oddest, without considering her being so drugged she had no knowledge of being taken overseas on an aeroplane, was her thinking of escaping when he was sleeping but decided not to because she had no cash and was worried HE would report her to the police.

How do you get a drugged up person through airport security?

Oh Duffy.

OK, I read her post about being estranged from family for some time, although I admittedly skimmed it so it’s not clear if she’d been estranged before or after the ordeal, but I stick by there surely being friends at the restaurant.

After any birthday meal I usually text/call friends the next day to thank them for the good night.

I thought she said she didn’t remember an aeroplane. Did she even say how she got back other than her friend seeing her on a balcony looking like a zombie?

Sorry, with her long post, reading the Moopy Scavenger Hunt thread AND Boris, I guess I should shut up until I’ve read it all properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom