Emma Bunton - My Happy Place (4th Studio Album)

Oh love not with THOSE vox

If we're talking Hi-NRG classics, this might be more appropriate*

*Any excuse as per :disco:

I know those Radio 2 studio performances are a bit awkward for the host and anyone happening to be hanging around - you've got a camera on you and I suppose you want to encourage the turn so have to look vaguely enthusiastic but what Ball and Balls were doing was NOT THE THING.

I don't think Don't Call Me Baby suits her that well live but agree that it makes sense to use that to push the album.

I don't think Don't Call Me Baby suits her that well live but agree that it makes sense to use that to push the album.

Yeah but it's not called "Don't Call Me Baby (Until The Spice Girls Tour Of Course Because The Extension Needs Paid For And The School Fees Have Gone Up AGAIN Honestly I Don't Know How They Can Justify That)"

:tongueout: I suppose that one advantage of buying the cassette is that it’ll get CHEWED UP

:D

Any hot Baby Bunton XXX gaping gash snaps? Someone for God’s sake pop her a note through saying they might HELP SALES!

Emphasis on MIGHT :tongueout:

Only like 200 ahead of #7 though. I’m thinking around #10 by the end? Not bad really.

1,247 :(

Didn’t Claire Richards somehow go top 10 with her albam? Mind you, CANDLE :disco:

don't you need like 4k sales though?

Oh I have no clue now darling. I find it so hard to follow with all the factors that need to be brought in to consideration to determine a chart position.

This is all considerably better than the last album which got to number 65

Although it probably still won’t sell as much as It did :D / :(

This is all considerably better than the last album which got to number 65

Although it probably still won’t sell as much as It did :D / :(

According to Wikipedia, Life In Mono sold 53k. I imagine this will sell comfortably under half that before dropping off the chart. Well, unless VoR really has gone mad with all those blue and pink cassette purchases, anyway.

53k for what was considered a massive flop!

Thing is, how much does it take to make the cash back on an album nowadays? It's not like they're all spunking the money on videos...

The album is down to #17 on iTunes already. Realistically it was always going to be frontloaded. Are Radio 2 bothering with her at all?

The album is down to #17 on iTunes already. Realistically it was always going to be frontloaded. Are Radio 2 bothering with her at all?

I can't think there are many people bothering with her these days...

Reactions: SDF
She has been flogging herself like a dead horse this past week. She is not exactly the most COMPELLING of Spice Girls at the best of times.

BAFFLING how they can do nothing together as a group but individually they're so invested it hurts yet they don't realize people don't give a shit about their solo ventures anymore :zombie:

BAFFLING how they can do nothing together as a group but individually they're so invested it hurts yet they don't realize people don't give a shit about their solo ventures anymore :zombie:
oh, do you think, hun? I don't think you've mentioned that before...

it fucking does my head in why would they still believe there's any viability of them as solo artists putting vanity project after vanity project to no avail when they could just put their huge ass egos aside and record something as a foursome, at least that would gather a bit more attention, a bit more streams and hence more $$$ which they've made it clear it is what they are after in the end of the day.

oh no, instead we're getting yet another "intimate" menly tour and an album by the band's more BORING member. just WHO keeps signing them thinking this is a good idea? :rolleyes::oi:

(with the exception of your essay on that very topic a mere four days ago, naturellement)

Hundreds of thousands of Spice Girls tickets at HOW MUCH? sold in minutes, four thousand Baby Bunton albums 'sold' (although in her case pretty all of them will be actual sales, I'm sure) in three days at a tenner a pop.

Although that's just a reflection of the industry today more so than her career, of course.

You can see why ticket prices have spiralled.

Reactions: dUb
oh, do you think, hun? I don't think you've mentioned that before...

(with the exception of your essay on that very topic a mere four days ago, naturellement)

I like to keep it CONSISTENT hun you know in case I have to VENT IT OUT again

You can see why ticket prices have spiralled.
most touring acts seem totally unaffected by the ever spiralling prices of tickets, it's quite surprising. people just seem to have accepted it as a necessary evil so I hate to think how pricey they'll be in a year or two

Down to 8 in the current midweek chart

Top 10 isn’t seeming quite so likely now :(

I'd say #11 or #12.

Still not bad. Be nice if she could sneak a #10, even if it will sink.

The last chart update which put her at #8 was missing streaming data for a day as well. Obviously it depends how close things are, but that must be more likely to work against rather than for her.

What was the last solo Spice top ten album?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom