Eternal Singles Survivor (Round 1 - Vote to SAVE)

Vote for your favourites to SAVE

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Eternalalwaysandforever.jpg

Eternal_Power_of_a_Woman.jpg

eternal-someday.jpg

Eternal_Before_the_Rain.jpg

Eternalselftitled.jpg

Welcome to the singles of Eternal (all three line-ups)! What are your favourite Eternal moments? :disco:

Hoping Vernie doesn't find out about this game.

In this round, you are voting for up to TEN OF YOUR FAVOURITE ETERNAL songs you want to see in the next round!

Although fuck some of you sleeping on Sweet Funky Thing and Good Thing.

I guess I'm JUST TOO FUNKY (Or is that too @funky ?) for you POP LADIES

Hoping Secrets does well, I absolutely adore it.

Don't You would have been my 11th, which really does feel like I've just drove through a puddle and drenched a poor granny walking the streets only to see a slice of bread stuck in my wind wipers.

Don't You Love Me is such NONSENSE, I have ranted about it's terrible lyrics before, it SIMPLY HAS TO STAY.

Funnily enough I've has consistent rants about how utterly bland and saccharine Someday is for many years, too.

I will listen again, just to make sure I haven't changed my mind.

Age has neither helped or hindered. It's nothing on I Am Blessed or Someday I'll Find You.

It relies on big vocals, and the song, despite some key changes amounts to very little. I stand by my comments of 25 years.

Someday is horrible. Overly mawkish even in its Disney princess guise, Easther's ever overly strident vocal make it sound horribly hectoring.

Yes, those were targeted towards a USA audience if I remember right.

Sweet Funky Thing was technically a double A-side with Oh Baby I... in the UK. It had a slew of remixes and was a US- promo single too.

Who Are You? was a massive hit in Japan (it was on an advert there for I forget what and made #1 as a result)- hence why it ended up on Greatest Hits. There were another couple of Japanese- only singles as well. Finally was one of them.

The US had some other promo singles (I discussed in a Louise thread a few weeks back about the ridiculousness of them promo-ing their RnB- lite cover of Dreams (which was only good enough for a bside in the UK) when I Wanna Be The Only One was just sat there waiting.

The single version of Secrets wasn' t bad but occupied that "slight, last album single no one remembers but went top ten" slot that Louise's One Kiss From Heaven did.

Reactions: VoR
Don't You Love Me is such NONSENSE, I have ranted about it's terrible lyrics before, it SIMPLY HAS TO STAY.

Don't You Love Me is such an odd one. Because it's way more sophisticated musically than their earlier stuff, but those lyrics really do take some swallowing :D

Don't You Love Me is such an odd one. Because it's way more sophisticated musically than their earlier stuff, but those lyrics really do take some swallowing :D
I'm a sucker for choral/ baroque pop and the very 90s RnB beat worked, but all the shit about loaves of bread and grandma's dodging bullets. I mean I'm sure they knew some pretty rough parts of London, but they sounded like they were describing Sarajevo.

Still 12/10

Agree with all the above regarding DYLM

you really do have to just ignore the lyrics…

Just A Step To Heaven to win please. The way the intro goes from left to right was just tantalising to me aged 13.

Just A Step To Heaven to win please. The way the intro goes from left to right was just tantalising to me aged 13.

The single remix. It's so much better than the album version.

Don't You Love me was a great lead single to introduce the new sound. Keep the truly obvious massive hit for second.

Can we all agree that Good Thing refers to the single mix as well please. It’s completely different and a GLOW UP if ever there was one.

It won’t win, but but by golly it’s their best moment. It belongs among all the great R&B club tracks of the early 90s (but then so does Stay…)

Can we all agree that Good Thing refers to the single mix as well please. It’s completely different and a GLOW UP if ever there was one.

It won’t win, but but by golly it’s their best moment. It belongs among all the great R&B club tracks of the early 90s (but then so does Stay…)

It is a SINGLES' survivor, love!

Oh Baby I... was the biggest recipient of a makeover though. It's re-recorded rather than remixed, isn't it? The ridiculous Easther money note (and best bit) after the second chorus isn't in the album version.

Right, well Someday was done by a whole roster of acts. Even Ophélie Winter had a bash, but Summer's dance version is rather notable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom