Eurovision 2022 news (Turin on the 10th-14th May)

I mean I can’t quite understand the mentality of taking two weeks of annual leave to go and sit in a stuffy press centre, watch the same performances again and again of the songs you’ve heard on repeat since March, whilst not even bothering to explore the city you’ve paid hundreds of pounds to travel to :D

And the fact that everyone’s favourite press centre “journalist” is some American woman who knows SHIT ALL about Eurovision says it all really :D

I mean I can’t quite understand the mentality of taking two weeks of annual leave to go and sit in a stuffy press centre, watch the same performances again and again of the songs you’ve heard on repeat since March, whilst not even bothering to explore the city you’ve paid hundreds of pounds to travel to :D
Another one who’s jealous of Wiwi and his europrivileges :(

Don’t forget that they get to TOUCH the artistes

Or FONDLE in some cases, mentioning no names obviously :eyes:

Don’t forget that they get to TOUCH the artistes

Or FONDLE in some cases, mentioning no names obviously :eyes:
The only artiste SCOOP I’ll be getting is trying to find out whether or not Mr Israel and Mr Romania hate each other with a passion or not :disco:

AS IF any of us Eurosong lunatics WOULDN’T want to be in the press room for two weeks watching the same old things again and again I MEAN HELLO

AS IF any of us Eurosong lunatics WOULDN’T want to be in the press room for two weeks watching the same old things again and again I MEAN HELLO
Sending a moopy contingent one year would be a good game to see how quick we’d be thrown out though.

“GOOD GOD she looks like a HORSE!”

When I got accreditation in Tel Aviv I took full day trips to Jerusalem, Nazareth, Bethlehem and Hebron, plus extensive exploration of Tel Aviv itself. I ran myself ragged but it was one of the best experiences of my life.

That's the actual benefit of having more accreditations - that you can send a full team who can split the workload fairly for a more balanced experience, which I assume would be the case for any major event where press delegations bed down for long periods at a time.

I don't deny that there were some very questionable people/blogs getting a pass, but I do worry that these cutbacks in effect *will* force people to do exactly what you describe, which is both punitive and quite demoralising!

I'm surprised they don't have 'roaming' passes for outlets - like, you can have two people in on a given day, rather than just two people in full stop across the whole two weeks

Reactions: D5K
I do think having the first rehearsal behind closed doors (with just a clip released) is a really good idea. Makes a lot of the coverage less samey, and also gives the artists much more of a sandbox without judgement the first time they're actually on the stage itself.

Darling I’d rather DIE than be trapped in a press room with evil Wiwi for two weeks. He’d KILL ME!
How are they so prolific. Excuse my tone but they talk utter shit.

Each reaction video is just ‘wooo0000Pppppp!’ and ‘[insert nation] is bringing it yaaas’:evil:

Screw the clip. Nothing.
It does rather ruin the tantalising charm, sparkle and surprise of seeing the wonderful performances for the first time on the actual night but then again it does offer much-needed-in-certain-cases reassurance about the artist's ability to sing

WE'RE LOOKING AT YOU, AUSTRIA

Where does Wiwi get his money AND ALSO how did he crowbar his way onto the very glitzy international Euroscene?

I'm thinking indulgent parents and also WITCHCRAFT :shock:

Where does Wiwi get his money AND ALSO how did he crowbar his way onto the very glitzy international Euroscene?

I'm thinking indulgent parents and also WITCHCRAFT :shock:
I mean, he isn't particularly subtle about gaming it for all the money he can get!

You didn’t have to read @VoR like that.
Well it’s people like VoR I feel sorry for in all this because he actually DOES produce (good) content and spend a considerable amount of time working.

This person I mentioned had just interviewed quite a famous Eurovision star and when HerSerene asked him what she had thought of this years songs he SCOFFED at the idea that he would ask her about Eurovision or Melfest as it’s “been done to death”. Well GET YOU, Louis Thereoux :DAF:

I don’t know how they’re getting in with Eurovision luminaries. The prospect of that dreadful noise from Wiwi alone would make me want to lock the door and leave the country

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom