Eurovision Forum: Introduce yourself / Eurovision questionnaire

In which country do you live?
Slovenia

How many years have you been watching the Eurovision Song Contest?
Since 1995-1996 I think

Quickly, name three countries whose entries you generally like

Sweden, Denmark, UK

Carola or Amina - which do you wish had won?
Carola

Do you know who Lotta Engberg is?
Hell yeah!

What is your favourite winning song of the...

...2000s?
Helena Papa - My Number One

...1990s?
Charlotte Perrelli - Take Me To Your Heaven

...1980s?
Herreys - Diggiloo diggiley AND Bobbysocks - La det swinge

...1970s?
ABBA - Waterloo (well, duh!)

...1960s?
hmmm, "Boom Bang A Bang" - Lulu - perhaps

Can you sing any of the winning songs from the 1950s?
Nope.

If you had a Eurovision song played at your funeral, which would it be?

Charlotte Perrelli - Hero or Fame - Give Me Your Love - the song that made me an ESC and Sweden fan

Is CatCat's Bye Bye Baby the greatest Finnish song ever?
Nope. "Lose Control" and "Elaköön elamaa" are.

Which is your favourite nil points entry ever? (You can pick Pierro and the Music Stars, Little My)
Perhaps Jemini. If the song was re-arranged and given to H & Claire instead, it would have been quite decent actually.

Rate the following out of 100...
(0 = Worse than Hitler, if you saw them on the other side of the road, you'd run up to them and push them in traffic
50 = Quite indifferent to them
100 = You'd throw yourself in front of traffic if you thought they would be impressed by it)

Carola - voice & music - 80, personality - 10

Cliff Richard - 40

Ofra Haza - 60

Lena Philipsson - 100 (no discussion here!)

Skamp - 0

What is the most played Eurovision tune on your computer/mp3 player?
Right now - Malena Ernman - La voix

New around here so this seemed like a good thread to start with...

United Kingdom

How many years have you been watching the Eurovision Song Contest
More than I care to admit - I have always said "Waterloo" was my earliest memory, but hat could be wishful thinking as I was only two years old. I definitely remember 1980 in glorious technicolour though.

Gotta be Sweden, then probably Iceland and Denmark - not that I am a Nordo-phile, or anything!

Carola - of course, if only for the leaping dancers!

Of course - never mind Boogaloo - 100% is where it is at - gotta love Triple and Touch!

...2000s?

Every Way That I Can - Sertab

...1990s?
Take Me To Your Heaven - Charlotte Nilsson

...1980s?
Depending on my mood... La Det Swinge - Bobbysocks (normally); What's Another Year - Johnny Logan (after a glass or two)

...1970s?
Almost any of them - close run thing between Ding Dinge Dong, Après Toi and Hallelujah

...1960s?
Poupée De Cire, Poupée De Son - France Gall

I might have a stab at Refrain, but I would probably get lost after a line or two!

I'd like folk to have a good time, really, so maybe Tornero by Mihai!

I have a strange soft spot for Lauras Addicted to Love - sorry!

Which is your favourite nil points entry ever? (You can pick Pierro and the Music Stars, Little My)
Cry Baby by Jemini was wonderful (until they sang it live) - and who could resist Quien Maneja Mi Barca?

(0 = Worse than Hitler, if you saw them on the other side of the road, you'd run up to them and push them in traffic
100 = You'd throw yourself in front of traffic if you thought they would be impressed by it)

Carola

95 musically - possibly less in the flesh!

Cliff Richard

Ofra Haza

Lena Philipsson
100 - and not just because she seems like royalty on this site, rather because she IS royalty!

Skamp
25 - for giggle value

If MF counts, then it's Dansa i Neon by HRH Lena, if it's got to be strictly Eurovision, then (surprisingly) it's Det Gör Ont by you-know-who, if Lena is excluded then (somewhat bizarrely), it's Talking to You by Jakob Sveistrup

Hmmm

Overall, promising, but I am slightly disturbed by the love for What's Another Year and Talking To You...

It's not really love - I just have quite a few wishy-washy moments...

If it helps, the next most-played is Drama Queen by DQ and then Congratulations by Silvia Night...??

Being pedantic, it's 'Addicted To You'

But CatCat is better than that!

Pedantry is fine - my mistake - was getting carried away!

And YES - I am partial to the EMD mob - am I too new to the forum to say "Baby Goodbye" really should have won!?

I like you Sver...'Baby Goodbye finished about right...but best boyband ever to have Danny Saucedo as a member is true.

saucygn6.jpg

Questionnaire

UK! North East England to be exact, but I spent a year in London and am moving to Manchester soon.

Pretty much as long as I can remember, but I've actually been paying attention since about 2003. This year is the first year I've actually watched NFs and listened to the songs before watching the semis on TV though.

Sweden, Turkey and Greece

I've not been around for long enough to make an informed choice!

No :(

...2000s?
My Number One

...1990s?
Take Me To Your Heaven

...1980s?
Making Your Mind Up

...1970s?
Waterloo

...1960s?
Boom Bang-a Bang

No, I'm not even gonna pretend to have heard of any of them

Hold On, Be Strong

*looks it up* Um, I have a feeling I'm meant to say yes to this, but I'm quite partial to this year's entry!

Jemini! I liked the song, it's just a shame they were a bit off :P

Cliff Richard - 50. I couldn't be mean to someone my Nanna loves
I don't know enough about the others to comment again, sorry!

Probably Norway's entry last year. Or Stay The Night by Alcazar, which should have been a Eurovision song.

Questionnaire

United Kingdom

United Kingdom, Sweden, Norway

I DON'T KNOW

No

...2000s?
Wild Dances by Ruslana

...1990s?
Love Shine A Light by Katrina & The Waves

...1980s?
Making Your Mind Up, or Céline's one

...1970s?
Waterloo

...1960s?
I don't know :(

No

Take Me To Your Heaven

I don't know

I don't know

Carola

Cliff Richard

Ofra Haza

Lena Philipsson

Skamp

What is the most played Eurovision tune on your computer/mp3 player?[/QUOTE]
Diva or Love Shine A Light, both with ten plays.

I liked the sound of Sver but I fear that's the last we'll hear from them. I wonder what the average stay of the new posters in this thread is?

And just for the record, EMD were fabulous. :disco:

*Strutts off in tophat and tails, baton twirling*

I'm still here!! Glad you liked the sound of me. I have just been really busy catching up on loads of music I seem to have missed out on...:angel:

I'll go find some other forums to impress!

So hey ho, everybody!

I'm Katy, a 20-year old girl from Slovenia, who's obsessed with everything catchy, schlagerish, pop, Swedish, Eurovision, Melodifestivalen, S/A/W and danceable. My favourite ESC country if of course Sweden and my passion burns for Melodifestivalen every year. I've been to the final of Mf in 2007 and it's really been an experience of a lifetime.

My fave artists include: Charlotte Perrelli, Malena Ernman, Fredrik Kempe, Lena Philipsson, ABBA, Caracola, Roxette, Robyn, BWO, September, Velvet, Daniela, Gathania, Basic Element, Peter Joback, A-Teens, Carola, Alcazar, Magnus Carlsson, Lili & Susie, Ankie Bagger, Angel, Troll, Fredrik Willstrand, Andreas Johnson, Jessica Andersson, Magnus Backlund, Sara Lofgren, Anna-Klara Folin, Andres Esteche, Fernando Fuentes, Viktoria Limenza, Patrik Rasmussen, Mathias Holmgren, Wiktoria Nilsson, Jimmy Jansson, Johan Becker, Karl Martindahl, Sandra Dahlberg, Linda Bengtzing, Sandra Oxenryd, Daniel Lindstrom, Darin, Agnes Carlsson, Mans Zelmerlow, Sibel Redzep, Ola Svensson, Markus Fagervall, Erik Segestedt, Danny Saucedo, Marie Picasso, Amanda Jenssen, Daniel Karlsson, Kevin Borg, Alice Svensson, Anna Bergendahl, Robin Ericsson, Excellence, Supernatural, Amy Diamond, Markoolio, E.M.M.A., Sofie, Fairytale, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, U2, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Kylie Minogue, Rick Astley, Jason Donovan, Martika, Steps, Scooch, S Club 7, Same Difference, Jump5, Madonna, Sakis Rouvas, Aqua, Daze, Toy-Box, Creamy, Anne Gadegaard, Simone Egeriis, Nicolai Kielstrup, S.O.A.P., Backstreet Boys, *NSYNC, O-Town, 98 Degrees, Stevie Wonder, Blue, Tina Turner, Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Paula Abdul, Mika, Michael Buble, Marvin Gaye, Billy Ocean, Leona Lewis, Celine Dion, Whitney Houston, Hej Matematik, 5ive, Usher, Elisabeth Andreassen, Bjorn Skifs, Pernilla Wahlgren, Freestyle, Atomic Kitten, Queen, ... (just copypasted from my Facebook LOL)

Besides Sweden and MF I also love UK pop, especially stuff from Stock-Aitken-Waterman, who are three of my fave songwriters (along with Fredrik Kempe, Alexander Bard, Ola Håkansson, Max Martin and Benny Andersson). My fave PWL stars must be Sonia (she was SO robbed on ESC! She should have won!), Kylie, Rick Astley (nice for Rickrolling, but Best Act Ever on MTV VMAs - nah!), Jason Donovan, Hazell Dean and Mandy Smith.

Other favourite countries: Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Finland, Netherlands, Germany and Spain.

So that was all about me for now. This forum seems like VEEEEEERY nice place and I'm looking forward of writing posts and chatting with u guys.

Have fun xxxxx, Katy

Yay - Moopy has a Slovenian.

What is your favourite Slovenian entry? Mine is Energy.

My fave artists include: Charlotte Perrelli, Malena Ernman, Fredrik Kempe, Lena Philipsson, ABBA, Caracola, Roxette, Robyn, BWO, September, Velvet, Daniela, Gathania, Basic Element, Peter Joback, A-Teens, Carola, Alcazar, Magnus Carlsson, Lili & Susie, Ankie Bagger, Angel, Troll, Fredrik Willstrand, Andreas Johnson, Jessica Andersson, Magnus Backlund, Sara Lofgren, Anna-Klara Folin, Andres Esteche, Fernando Fuentes, Viktoria Limenza, Patrik Rasmussen, Mathias Holmgren, Wiktoria Nilsson, Jimmy Jansson, Johan Becker, Karl Martindahl, Sandra Dahlberg, Linda Bengtzing, Sandra Oxenryd, Daniel Lindstrom, Darin, Agnes Carlsson, Mans Zelmerlow, Sibel Redzep, Ola Svensson, Markus Fagervall, Erik Segestedt, Danny Saucedo, Marie Picasso, Amanda Jenssen, Daniel Karlsson, Kevin Borg, Alice Svensson, Anna Bergendahl, Robin Ericsson, Excellence, Supernatural, Amy Diamond, Markoolio, E.M.M.A., Sofie, Fairytale, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, U2, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Kylie Minogue, Rick Astley, Jason Donovan, Martika, Steps, Scooch, S Club 7, Same Difference, Jump5, Madonna, Sakis Rouvas, Aqua, Daze, Toy-Box, Creamy, Anne Gadegaard, Simone Egeriis, Nicolai Kielstrup, S.O.A.P., Backstreet Boys, *NSYNC, O-Town, 98 Degrees, Stevie Wonder, Blue, Tina Turner, Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Paula Abdul, Mika, Michael Buble, Marvin Gaye, Billy Ocean, Leona Lewis, Celine Dion, Whitney Houston, Hej Matematik, 5ive, Usher, Elisabeth Andreassen, Bjorn Skifs, Pernilla Wahlgren, Freestyle, Atomic Kitten, Queen, ... (just copypasted from my Facebook LOL)

i don't think you'll fit in here

I've always had respect for Slovenia.

Mr Nobody, Vrag naj vzame and cvet z juga are personal favourites too.

I'm still angry Mandoline wasn't sent though :evil:

Slovenia really has proved itself to be a SENSATIONAL Eurovision country

I loved your 2007 and 2008 entries! They were :disco:

2007 was nice enough to come to the final, yes. Shame that Alenka Gotar is a real bitch generally (I know, I met her!) so that puts it down A LOT IMO.

2008 was okay, shame it didn't pass the semi instead of hmmm Goat Bilan for example, but I kinda knew it. Rebeka seems cool though.

Last edited:
Me too

My fave artists include: ..... Fredrik Kempe....... Scooch

Welcome to the board Katy :D

Oh and Rebeka should have finalled last year - no doubt about it. It was my first major disappointment of 2008 and set the tone for the disaster that was to follow just days later :(

I think katySWE is perhaps the most amazing girl ever. I think I would like to make schlager babies with her!!

This must be what it must be like when an attractive woman walks into a Sci Fi convention or a Games Workshop and isn't looking for directions.

GEEK COMA.

This must be what it must be like when an attractive woman walks into a Sci Fi convention or a Games Workshop and isn't looking for directions.

GEEK COMA.

:D

It is! We should prod Katy 'down there' to see if she is really a MAN. Just like Sinitta said used to happen to her in the 80's (for a different reason - but do you all see how I kept the SAW theme going? :angel:).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom