Eurovision Forum: Introduce yourself / Eurovision questionnaire

tumblr_m4oicxxGIy1qbvvqao1_400.jpg

Some cultures simply recognise the FACT that Verjamem is a stone cold 11/10 standout Slovenian moment :disco:

:(

One of my saddest memories of Eurovision 2012 is seeing Eva crying after the second semi when she didn't qualify. She was such a sweetheart, I met her a few times at random parties in Baku and she always took the time to chat. Her backing singer, Sandra, the one who did all the aaah aaah bits, was a right LUSH and was out all the time to the wee small hours partying away! :disco:

Kala said:
If only Slovenia had sent this instead of Verjamem. They would have qualified at least!

You can always rely on Kala for some generic female-fronted uptempto pop served with fresh delusion :D

Last edited:
It was easily the best Balkan ballad in Baku, and the only one worth keeping. I DON'T want to hear about Bosnia's 'flutes' either :sour:

Last edited:
Verjamem was a complete dated dirge of a song. I've never understood what any of you saw in it.

Poor Slovenia. It was a nice song, but I can see how it isn't something you'd pick up the phones for. Especially given it was one of three very very similar songs, and of them she was the least famous and had the smallest boost from neighbours.

You've a good point there :) Southeast Asians take to ballads and young singers fairly easily. The again it's difficult not to like someone as sweet as Eva Boto

Verjamem was a complete dated dirge of a song. I've never understood what any of you saw in it.

Perhaps I'm not enough of a balkan ballad connoisseur but aren't they ALL really dated sounding!?

Verjamem is pretty much the only one I've ever loved. I find it so frustrating that the East just voted for the big names rather than the best song. Serbia and Bosnia were absolute SHIT in comparison. I can't even remember how either of them go.

Perhaps I'm not enough of a balkan ballad connoisseur but aren't they ALL really dated sounding!?

Verjamem is pretty much the only one I've ever loved. I find it so frustrating that the East just voted for the big names rather than the best song. Serbia and Bosnia were absolute SHIT in comparison. I can't even remember how either of them go.

MayaSar isn't a BIG name in the Balkans though. Slovenia were hampered by the fact it's, well, Slovenia. They don't really get the friendly votes the other Balkans do.

I suppose they're just as dated as schlager songs, I guess.

Verjamen is lovely but the whole styling of her and the staging was completely age inappropriate. They made a 16 year old, pretty girl look 40 or so.

I really should start a thread about Slovenian trashy pop singers, my Slovenian friend sent me loads of tracks from acts like Rebeka Dremelj, Manca Špik, Maja Slatinšek etc and there are so many :disco: songs. Slovenia has so many basic bitches!

I really should start a thread about Slovenian trashy pop singers, my Slovenian friend sent me loads of tracks from acts like Rebeka Dremelj, Manca Špik, Maja Slatinšek etc and there are so many :disco: songs. Slovenia has so many basic bitches!

Oh, yes! And EMA used to be a total "plagiarism-fest" in the past! :D

Here are some of the MAX TRACKS:

OK, this is it for now. U get more next time.

Hello Eurovision Lovers, please be nice to me. I brought cake.

In which country do you live? United Kingdom

How many years have you been watching the Eurovision Song Contest First watched in 2005, First followed the fan build up in 2012 but I've heard some of the 'classics' from earlier years

Quickly, name three countries whose entries you generally like Sweden, Iceland and err Greece (sorry!)

Carola or Amina - which do you wish had won? Carola

Do you know who Lotta Engberg is? No

What is your favourite winning song of the...

...2000s? Fairytale

...1990s? Love Shine A Light

...1980s? Diggi-Loo, Diggi-Ley

...1970s? Tu te reconnaitras

...1960s? En jour, En enfant

Can you sing any of the winning songs from the 1950s? No (Not well at least)

If you had a Eurovision song played at your funeral, which would it be? En jour, En enfant (as the coffin gets lowered into the ground)

Is CatCat's Bye Bye Baby the greatest Finnish song ever? I'm yet to hear it.

Which is your favourite nil points entry ever? (You can pick Pierro and the Music Stars, Little My) Gemini

Rate the following out of 100...
(0 = Worse than Hitler, if you saw them on the other side of the road, you'd run up to them and push them in traffic
50 = Quite indifferent to them
100 = You'd throw yourself in front of traffic if you thought they would be impressed by it)

Carola 75

Cliff Richard 4

Ofra Haza 81

Lena Philipsson 50

Skamp ??

What is the most played Eurovision tune on your computer/mp3 player? Euphoria

hi guys i'm new here :)

Questionnaire

In which country do you live? France

How many years have you been watching the Eurovision Song Contest This is my second year :)

Quickly, name three countries whose entries you generally like France, Sweeeeden and um the UK?

Carola or Amina - which do you wish had won? Is this the Carola Robotboy keeps talking about? Amina

Do you know who Lotta Engberg is? No :(

...2000s? I know Sertab

...1990s? :(

...1980s? :(

...1970s? :(

...1960s? There was a Eurovision back then?! :confused:

Can you sing any of the winning songs from the 1950s? No

If you had a Eurovision song played at your funeral, which would it be? Echo (You and I) :)

Is CatCat's Bye Bye Baby the greatest Finnish song ever? No, I liked the scary rock band more.

Which is your favourite nil points entry ever? (You can pick Pierro and the Music Stars, Little My) I don't know

(0 = Worse than Hitler, if you saw them on the other side of the road, you'd run up to them and push them in traffic
100 = You'd throw yourself in front of traffic if you thought they would be impressed by it)

Carola 50

Cliff Richard 0

Ofra Haza ?

Lena Philipsson 50

Skamp ?

What is the most played Eurovision tune on your computer/mp3 player? La La Love! :disco:

Well seeing as I've signed up for this place now, I'll introduce myself to those of you who don't know me. A few of you do and all I'll say is that if this ends up becoming a huge sink on my time I'm blaming Penelope.

In which country do you live?
The United Kingdom

How many years have you been watching the Eurovision Song Contest
This will be my fourth year, so I'm a little inexperienced.

Quickly, name three countries whose entries you generally like
Finland
Sweden
Azerbaijan

Carola or Amina - which do you wish had won?
Carola, I am lacking in that I don't know who Amina is

Do you know who Lotta Engberg is?
Yes, solely due to her MF 2012 appearance

...2000s?

Wild Dances, and if we include 2010s, Euphoria obviously.

...1990s?
Nocturne

...1980s?
Um... don't know

...1970s?
Waterloo :disco:

...1960s?
I don't know any.

Can you sing any of the winning songs from the 1950s?
Negative, Captain.

If you had a Eurovision song played at your funeral, which would it be?
I feel Ott Lepland - Kuula would carry the gravitas appropriate for the situation.

Is CatCat's Bye Bye Baby the greatest Finnish song ever? No, I barely know any of theirs before Lordi so I do not know this one of which you speak, but since then (inclusive) they have been extremely consistent so one of their 2006-2012 songs is the best one ever. (It is not Da Da Dam :eyes:)

Which is your favourite nil points entry ever? (You can pick Pierro and the Music Stars, Little My)
Have I heard any of these? :D I might have heard Jemima once so it'll have to be that on default

Carola 51

Cliff Richard 40

Ofra Haza ??

Lena Philipsson 75

Skamp ??

What is the most played Eurovision tune on your computer/mp3 player?

Loreen - Euphoria, but I always think it's Drip Drop as that was the previous holder before I spam-played Euphoria to almost 200 last year

My account only just got validated!

Very well, you may regret this though.

Not to be rude or anything, but who are you?

ablisa100906-1688hch.jpg

(You seem great btw, and I'm fully on board with your anti Da Da Dam/pro DripDrop stance)

I've been lurking for a bit, well, quite a while, so apologies if I seem a little too familiar from knowing too much or something.

I'm sure we can share the stage, Dinlo. (thanks, u 2)

In which country do you live?
Finland.

How many years have you been watching the Eurovision Song Contest
Since 2002 but looning sice 2006.

Quickly, name three countries whose entries you generally like
Sweden
Serbia
Greece

Carola or Amina - which do you wish had won?
Carola, I don't know Amina.

Do you know who Lotta Engberg is?
I've heard of her but I can't recall any of her songs.

...2000s?

Satellite.

...1990s?
Diva.

...1980s?
Ne partez pas sans moi.

...1970s?
Waterloo.

...1960s?
I don't know.

Can you sing any of the winning songs from the 1950s?
No.

If you had a Eurovision song played at your funeral, which would it be?
I can't think of any, maybe Rändajad?

Is CatCat's Bye Bye Baby the greatest Finnish song ever? I like Eläköön elämä, Sata salamaa and La Dolce Vita more.

Which is your favourite nil points entry ever? (You can pick Pierro and the Music Stars, Little My)
No idea.

Carola 92

Cliff Richard 10

Ofra Haza ?

Lena Philipsson 100

Skamp ?

What is the most played Eurovision tune on your computer/mp3 player?

Satellite.

Oh no. That would be too nationalistic.

I would like you less if your username was België, but more if it was Shqipëri

Well I thought I'd give this a go, I registered a while ago but I seem to remember it wouldn't let me post back then so I gave up, hoping this time works! I've been around on the various ESC forums for years but the big ones are all pretty rubbish these days so I thought I'd give this one a go!

In which country do you live? UK (but born in the Netherlands)

How many years have you been watching the Eurovision Song Contest? Since 1999

Quickly, name three countries whose entries you generally like - Andorra, Sweden, Norway

Carola or Amina - which do you wish had won? Carola was fine by me

Do you know who Lotta Engberg is? Of course

...2000s? Euphoria

...1990s? Diva

...1980s? Ne partez pas sans moi

...1970s? Tu te reconnaîtras

...1960s? Poupée de cire poupée de son

Can you sing any of the winning songs from the 1950s? 1959 (ish)

If you had a Eurovision song played at your funeral, which would it be? Bulgaria 2009

Is CatCat's Bye Bye Baby the greatest Finnish song ever? No but it's up there!

Which is your favourite nil points entry ever? (You can pick Pierro and the Music Stars, Little My) Switzerland 1998

Carola 85

Cliff Richard 25

Ofra Haza 60

Lena Philipsson 90

Skamp 10

What is the most played Eurovision tune on your computer/mp3 player? Quédate Conmigo

Hi TF :)

What a wonderful choice of funeral music. I hope you would have a live stilt performance around the casket.

Hi TF :)

What a wonderful choice of funeral music. I hope you would have a live stilt performance around the casket.

I was sat there trying to figure out a tasteful answer then decided to just go with Illusion (which should be the default answer for everything) :D

Long-time lurker here!

In which country do you live? Canada (relatives in the UK got me into it)

How many years have you been watching the Eurovision Song Contest? Since 2007, but I love watching older contests, too.

Quickly, name three countries whose entries you generally like - Ukraine, Bulgaria and Spain.

Carola or Amina - which do you wish had won? Carola!

Do you know who Lotta Engberg is? No :angel:

...2000s? Molitva

...1990s? Take Me to Your Heaven

...1980s? La det swinge

...1970s? WATERLOO!

...1960s? La La La

Can you sing any of the winning songs from the 1950s? No, but then, nobody would want me to.

If you had a Eurovision song played at your funeral, which would it be? Netherlands 2013

Is CatCat's Bye Bye Baby the greatest Finnish song ever? Right behind Laura in '02.

Which is your favourite nil points entry ever? (You can pick Pierro and the Music Stars, Little My) Lass 'ihn in '98.. it's actually one of my favourites from that year, ridiculous background dancers and all :disco:

Carola 90

Cliff Richard 50

Ofra Haza 40

Lena Philipsson 50

Skamp 20

What is the most played Eurovision tune on your computer/mp3 player? What About My Dreams? :)

OMG Birds would be the most fabulously depressing funeral song ever. :D

I'm changing some of my answers

In which country do you live? US

How many years have you been watching the Eurovision Song Contest Since 2009 so 5 contests

Quickly, name three countries whose entries you generally like Overall I'd say Luxembourg, Sweden, and France. Also, I do like all of Morocco's entries :rolleyes:

Carola or Amina - which do you wish had won? Amina

Do you know who Lotta Engberg is? Yes :evil:

...2000s?
Fairytale & Wild Dances

...1990s? Diva with Insieme a close second probably

...1980s? La det swinge

...1970s? L'oiseau et l'enfant. I love how it's three minutes straight of singing with no instrumental breaks.

...1960s? Un jour un enfant although Dansevise is climbing up there.

Can you sing any of the winning songs from the 1950s? A few lines from Refrain.

If you had a Eurovision song played at your funeral, which would it be? Oooh either Love Kills or Ég á lif.

Is CatCat's Bye Bye Baby the greatest Finnish song ever? :o YES!! I literally just listened to it for the first time today. :disco:

Which is your favourite nil points entry ever? (You can pick Pierro and the Music Stars, Little My) Mil etter mil (the live version from the night)

Carola

Cliff Richard 0

Ofra Haza 50

Lena Philipsson 60

Skamp 10

What is the most played Eurovision tune on your computer/mp3 player? I have no idea anymore.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom