Everything But The Girl - New Album 2023

Love this album so much
Totally addicted
And to be honest I can imagine @funky sensually thrusting inside me to 'No One Knows We're Dancing'

Love this album so much
Totally addicted
And to be honest I can imagine @funky sensually thrusting inside me to 'No One Knows We're Dancing'

elmo-embarrassed.gif

Still waiting for the midweeks to come out - there’s a chance this could be their highest charting album ever. Walking Wounded reached #4 in 1996. Either way it looks like it’ll be their 6th UK Top Ten album

This album is so absorbing. It’s like you just have to let it play from start to finish without interruption and without focus on anything else at the same time.

This is such a brilliant album in the proper sense , like Magic Stll Exists and Autofiction , it’s like listening to a story, where every song slots in perfectly, all these different emotions and still so coherent .. and it’s impossible to not listen to the album all the way through . It’s what’s keeping Diamonds and Dancefloors from being perfect , although I love every single song- it’s just that it’s simply a collection of fab songs as opposed to a brilliant album .. if that makes sense

This is such a brilliant album in the proper sense , like Magic Stll Exists and Autofiction , it’s like listening to a story, where every song slots in perfectly, all these different emotions and still so coherent .. and it’s impossible to not listen to the album all the way through . It’s what’s keeping Diamonds and Dancefloors from being perfect , although I love every single song- it’s just that it’s simply a collection of fab songs as opposed to a brilliant album .. if that makes sense

Apparently they are at #1 in the latest update but it’s very close, 656 saIes ahead, I imagine they are frontloaded with preorder dispatches so not sure it will end that way. They need to get out and do a couple more in person sessions like the Rough Trade appearances.

Apparently they are at #1 in the latest update but it’s very close, 656 saIes ahead, I imagine they are frontloaded with preorder dispatches so not sure it will end that way. They need to get out and do a couple more in person sessions like the Rough Trade appearances.

Actually considering they were #2 in the first update suggests that they are holding up better than their rival (Enter Shikari who were initially number one)

They’ve also gone back up to #1 on iTunes which isn’t the best barometer but it does show that they’re not flagging quickly

It all depends on the record day purchases now and whether they break out further. I don’t think anyone else is close.

Reactions: LTZ
Actually considering they were #2 in the first update suggests that they are holding up better than their rival (Enter Shikari who were initially number one)

They’ve also gone back up to #1 on iTunes which isn’t the best barometer but it does show that they’re not flagging quickly

It all depends on the record day purchases now and whether they break out further. I don’t think anyone else is close.
I don’t trust Enter Shikari to not suddenly offer theirs at a discounted price! I haven’t checked how well they stream either once this is updated and factored in.

I'm really impressed by how well EBGT are doing on streaming for a 90s legacy act. Nothing Left to Lose is on 2.2 million, and every track on the album should have cracked 100k by Friday. Most of their contemporaries are lucky to chalk up a tenth of that with comeback material, even if it is well supported on Radio 2/6.

I don’t trust Enter Shikari to not suddenly offer theirs at a discounted price! I haven’t checked how well they stream either once this is updated and factored in.

Enter Shikari have a signed CD on Amazon for £6.99 (sold by Chalkys). EBTG already have signed plenty, they had 'exclusives' on both HMV and Amazon.

Definitely looks positive that it has moved their way from the first midweek though.

Yes, the listening party was on Sunday past. Saw some of it, was interesting to hear them talk about the background to the songs.

They’re co hosting with Jo Wiley at some point this week too, might have been today, with some exclusive recordings and choice tracks.

They’ve certainly been busy this week.

With sales being so close (and low), I worry about them being thwarted by a batch of vinyl or something being held back or thrown out at the last minute. Other than that, they SHOULD have it shouldn't they?

Surprised the Swifties aren't all over it though - she isn't that far behind. An orchestrated campaign for her fan base would manage to snatch it.

With sales being so close (and low), I worry about them being thwarted by a batch of vinyl or something being held back or thrown out at the last minute. Other than that, they SHOULD have it shouldn't they?

Surprised the Swifties aren't all over it though - she isn't that far behind. An orchestrated campaign for her fan base would manage to snatch it.
Taylor only has a limited physical release of 10k so she should be out of the race

From the OCC.

The race for this week's UK Number 1 album is going to go right down to the wire.

Enter Shikari and Everything But The Girl are preparing to enter a photo-finish, with both acts battling for their first-ever chart-topper on the Official Albums Chart.

As it stands, and with less than 12 hours left to make your voice heard, Enter Shikari have just edged past Everything But The Girl once again, who were leading the race yesterday.

A Kiss For The Whole World, the seventh album from the Hertfordshire alt-rock quartet, is currently leading the race for Number 1. The gap is very tight though, with less than 400 chart units currently separating Enter Shikari from Fuse, Everything But The Girl's eleventh album, and their first together in 24 years.

There's all to play for in this week's race as both acts are hoping to score their first Number 1 album - so whoever you're backing, you've got until 11.59pm on Thursday 27 April to show your support.

The discounting seems to have made a difference. To be fair EBTG should even have done it for some formats yesterday even for the day.

I imagine ES have more hardcore fans than EBTG, and EBTG don’t seem too arsed about it, I haven’t seen them begging for sales on social media like usually happens after midweek sales flashes

Will be such a shame if they come THAT close to a #1 and don’t get it, but a #2 is still a huge achievement for them. And sales aren’t THAT bad for today’s market

Just under 12k sales, 1.5k behind Enter Shikari, and about 700 behind The 1975.

Enter Shikari did a gig during the week where you bought a cd or vinyl for entry rather than a ticket. Pretty smart idea for release week.

Fell to #63 in its second week, Enter Shikari fell out of the top 100, as did The 1975 live album and Taylor Swift's Long Pond studio sessions album!

Fell to #63 in its second week, Enter Shikari fell out of the top 100, as did The 1975 live album and Taylor Swift's Long Pond studio sessions album!
It's crazy that a second week 60 place drop is a relative success, but here we are.

And I think this week's album chart will see similar if not even more freefall amongst last week's new entries.

Its streaming numbers have been decent but not great in the grand scheme. Jessie Ware by comparison has had strong streaming numbers which might help her second week a little more (still a big drop though I’m sure)

Jessie Ware's streaming numbers were better, but I wouldn't call them strong - she was only #60 on streaming. EBTG didn't chart at all on streaming though. I'd say their figures were poor, and hers were a little better.

What's Your Pleasure appears to have done slightly better relatively on streaming when it was released (#51), so if it does hold up better in week two, I suspect it's as a result of those delayed physicals Jark mentioned. Although it's midweek 48, so clearly in freefall - it's already below WYP's second week.

Like we keep mentioning though, half those albums above EBTG this week have been on the chart over two years. Who does it serve that all these old albums are clogging up the chart and pushing newer albums out?

New video coming Wednesday… another moody choreo film that will enhance an already great song, much like all the others…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom