Everything But The Girl - New Album 2023

Their twitters have gone a bit bonkers and they seem genuinely surprised. I’m still agog, I never thought this would happen. Talk about a band (and couple) who genuinely seemed happy and content to be retired as a collective unit

I cannot ever see them touring, but if they did I would travel through space and time to see them. They’re like an enigma as a live act, very little footage of them over such a storied career, but if she can get over her crippling stage fright, even for just a few special shows, it could really be something

I just had to have a little think and I reckon they’re like my 5th or so top musical act of all time. And 23 years since a studio album. I mean it’s that huge of a deal for me

:BList:

Reactions: LTZ
I SCREAMED when I saw Tracey Tweet about the reunion, I can't belive it's actually happening.

I DO HOPE the new album picks up where Walking Wounded/Temperamental left off, and their solo work would probably suggest the electronic influence will likely continue - but WHO KNOWS!

That they are confident enough in the material to put the album out under the ETBTG name rather than a Tracey solo project (with Ben as producer), I hope signals that we are in for something really special.

The album is called Fuse and will be released on 21st April. First single is imminent.

Fuse-Edition-Deluxe.jpg

Tracklisting

01 Nothing Left To Lose
02 Run A Red Light
03 Caution To The Wind
04 When You Mess Up
05 Time And Time Again
06 No One Knows We’re Dancing
07 Lost
08 Forever
09 Interior Space
10 Karaoke

can't wait for this, although the coverart is a little underwhelming

A nice compact 10 track affair. Hopefully preorder info will come soon, this is a definite purchase for me.

The single premieres tomorrow at 8.30am on Lauren Laverne’s BBC Radio 6 Music show. I’m not sure what sound to expect.

I agree on the cover not being so great (although I'm torn over whether it could have been done using MS Paint, in which case I might start to become more fussed/fused), but there is always the back and inlay (downturned eyes in a dimly lit cafe perhaps) to gawk at whilst letting your soul be flooded with the new sounds.

The cover is VERY early 90s techno, Warp, LFO, that kind of deal. Hang on, Richie Hawtin did an album for Warp under the name F.U.S.E. An influence, one wonders...?

Last edited:
That the premier is on 6 Music rather than Radio 2, is certainly a hint towards on what to expect.

can’t wait to hear this now , i’m ridiculously excited.. I honestly hope it’s Missing or Temperamental pt2

Something tells me it’s going to be similar to OOTW which actually is not what I want at all. I want classic EBTG, or EBTG does their interpretation of music in 2023

A Temperamental follow up would of course be the most perfect thing in the world ever.

OMG that’s absolutely fucking EVERYTHING :cry:

It’s definitely a follow on from Temperamental - it feels soulful and industrial and haunting in equal measure - but it sounds fresh and relevant. I love the effects on Tracey’s voice and the background vocals are stunning.

And that video is incredible.

10/10

Incredible.

I echo what Funky said that they're picking up from Tempremental, but with Bicep and friends stamped all over it.

Kiss me while the music plays
Kiss me while the world decays

I'm DEAD!

It’s like I wrote them a brief and they made a song for ME!

:disco:

OMG that’s absolutely fucking EVERYTHING :cry:

It’s definitely a follow on from Temperamental - it feels soulful and industrial and haunting in equal measure - but it sounds fresh and relevant. I love the effects on Tracey’s voice and the background vocals are stunning.

And that video is incredible.

10/10
The filter on her voice was initially a bit jarring as you expect THAT voice, but it’s actually a tasteful filter and really suits the track.

I’m looking forward more to the album now (but not the cover art).

Drum and bass revival abound!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom