For all of you who don’t speak Spanish. This is a message. For the ones that didn’t believe in me. Guess where I am honey? I’m here TUESDAY.

Hell year way wayyy to erlyyy g be up wayyy erly biszyyyy ish day today realyyy bizzy tomorrow my nabuars doors open 😳🤔😱😁 maby ghoast i to wusyyyy go in

Blue ligers kool

It’s PISSING IT DOWN. Was not planning on having to get out my winter coat again but HERE WE ARE :evil:

I'm in a training session and the presenter is talking about our LIZARD BRAINS. I'm pretty sure that's JUNK SCIENCE but I CBA being that guy.

I’m sorry but where is the usual early Apul heatwave? Did this storm not get the MEMO?

I'm in a training session and the presenter is talking about our LIZARD BRAINS. I'm pretty sure that's JUNK SCIENCE but I CBA being that guy.
Limbic system, I assume. I wish people wouldn't use that terminology, it feeds into a whole lot of conspiracy theory weirdness.

I have finally come down with the dreaded OFFICE LURGY, which is great timing as I’m about to spend 3 days doing a photoshoot outside on the BARREN SWEDISH COAST.

It’s a MONSOON here and since it’s the day after the eclipse the rednecks just know it’s Jesus coming back to get them :DAF:

• Haha
Reactions: RJN
It’s a MONSOON here and since it’s the day after the eclipse the rednecks just know it’s Jesus coming back to get them :DAF:
How was the eclipse where you are? It was pretty much pointless here

I got into work today to the whole town and high street completely flooded. I've never seen the island like it before.
90% of the shops in Cowes have been flooded out, thousands of pounds worth of stock ruined.

Fortunately, the water stopped right by our shop 😬
IMG_20240409_150514.jpg

I saw photos of Cowes flooding on the news at dinner and was going to ask whether you were affected @Rachey. Hopefully shite fudge shop got flooded.

Fingers crossed for no more rain x

I saw photos of Cowes flooding on the news at dinner and was going to ask whether you were affected @Rachey. Hopefully shite fudge shop got flooded.

Fingers crossed for no more rain x
Haha we haven't heard about Shite fudge shop but they're in a different town.

Apparently this was a mixture of unusually high tides and the drainage not coping. So a lot of the businesses have sewage in their premises now :(

It flooded right by us too but we're generally safe.

The reason for it was that it was a King Tide, which is basically the super highest of the Spring tides, a "spring tide" being the highest tide of each cycle (roughly monthly-ish). The King Tide was last night, just as the super wind hit, hence the higher tides flooding the mainland. To put it into context, last night's tide here was the highest it will be all year. Basically the worst combination of timing possible.

I am SUCH a tide nerd and I fucking love being one :D :disco:

It flooded right by us too but we're generally safe.

The reason for it was that it was a King Tide, which is basically the super highest of the Spring tides, a "spring tide" being the highest tide of each cycle (roughly monthly-ish). The King Tide was last night, just as the super wind hit, hence the higher tides flooding the mainland. To put it into context, last night's tide here was the highest it will be all year. Basically the worst combination of timing possible.

I am SUCH a tide nerd and I fucking love being one :D :disco:
I love a bit of tide stats :D

I think part of the reason Cowes was so bad is also due to the shocking drainage on the island. We could see the manholes had been lifted and water was flooding out.

Are they doing anything about flood defences generally on the island?

Or are they just GIVING UP and letting you ROT INTO THE SEA? :D

I only ask as we've got a massive construction programme going on. Sections of our seafront have been closed for the past two years, but what has been done looks bloody brilliant I think.

Are they doing anything about flood defences generally on the island?

Or are they just GIVING UP and letting you ROT INTO THE SEA? :D
:D I have absolutely no idea, it seems like nothing is being done. Half the island is crumbling into the sea, the other half is under the sea 🤷🏻‍♀️

Currently my shop and my home seem unaffected.

I only ask as we've got a massive construction programme going on. Sections of our seafront have been closed for the past two years, but what has been done looks bloody brilliant I think.
We definitely don't have that.

There was a lot of work done on Ryde seafront a couple of years ago because of flood defences. But I believe a huge amount of the problems are caused by drainage and Southern Water. Who are absolutely useless.

There's a flood alert now at Portishead, where the Avon meets the Severn. 'Sea' (pfffrt) front properties are being told to take action.

The Avon is very high by me again, but when it got really high several weeks ago, I realised that pretty much all of central Bristol would flood before it affected me, so decided not to worry too much.

All this talk of *FLOOD ALERTS* made me think old NIKE had POPPED BACK for some HOT CHEDDAR MASH CHAT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom