Gary Lineker taken off MotD after tweets about the Government

This story is horse shit. They have the cheek to say the left engages in cancel culture!?

Think of all the right wing nonsense that is and was forgiven by the BBC, including Andrew Neil!

Gary Lineker "stepping back" from his role presenting on the BBC.

2FE9245D-F23E-4FA6-9787-4708A6C08D1D.jpeg

This, THIS, is what is important in the week our government debates being the only country other than Russia and Belarus outside of the European Convention on Human Rights?

I know the BBC are under a lot of pressure because the tories want to defund them and ultimately make them a partisan member of the right wing press, or shut them down completely, but this is a fucking disgrace and will hopefully lead to major blowback and a giant shitstorm of consequences.

they're also pulling one episode of a new Attenborough nature doc for fears of it upsetting the Tories. fucking scientific, educational content. it's gross and the BBC cannot afford to bend over for the tories (who'll be out in two years anyway) like this.

I'm reading the BBC coverage on the situation and isn't it just great how they selected was was a 1) now-deleted tweet and 2) one of the few disagreeing with Linekar over about 99% that sided with him to justify their decision. :googlyeyes:

sMfJlAf.png

Reactions: GNL
I know it's a small point, but I suspect the BBC won't be able to put out MOTD this week at this rate, which will be whole world of trouble for its obligations to the Premier League. You reap what you sow.

Good to know that the BBC have decided that they’re no longer fucking interested in impartiality and are just going to be another mouthpiece for the government.

James O'Brien is fast becoming my favourite political commentator for things like this.

• Love
Reactions: Zu
The BBC must currently be desperately looking for Tory footballers and realising, with a creeping sense of dread, that they are going to have to give the job to Sol Campbell.

This is an absolute fucking disaster for the BBC.

I did raise an eyebrow at some of Gary Lineker's tweets. Not in terms of what he said, as such, but he quite clearly knew that following it up with stuff like goading Penny Mordaunt - however deserved - was going to inflame the situation. The issue, and one I suspect he also knows all to well, is the blatant double-standard. The BBC trying to use 'impartiality' as a justification is, at this point, nonsense. Until they sort themselves out at the top, they've very little grounds upon which to hold anybody else to account.

It just increases disenfranchisement with the BBC on all sides, which is something they really can't afford to do.

I’ve always thought (withoit thinking about it very often) that Ian Wright is probably a very decent human being and this proves it :disco:

The worst part of this whole saga is the ridiculous amount of emphasis put on Gary’s tweet, as though he’s the ONLY person on social media saying these things. Once again the Tory party are completely incapable of reading the fucking room.

Reactions: Zu
Hear me out…is Rishi Sunak a bigger prick than Liz Truss? She was economically disastrous but was she quite so socially malevolent and reactionary as he is? Maybe I just blocked it all out.

Hear me out…is Rishi Sunak a bigger prick than Liz Truss? She was economically disastrous but was she quite so socially malevolent and reactionary as he is? Maybe I just blocked it all out.

I think he’s exactly what we expected him to be in the same way she was. The Tories are definitely not the party of surprises. You cant fake evil and you can’t fake incompetence.

Why is it whenever some Twitter Twat comes out with a degrading or disagreeable comment in response to an articulate argument or solidarity statement on these issues, they all look the fucking same?

White - check
Over 60 - check
Face so miserable it resembles a shrivelled onion - check

Imagine spending your later years being angry at a world that won’t soon be yours.

Go and have a pint and play golf!

Why is it whenever some Twitter Twat comes out with a degrading or disagreeable comment in response to an articulate argument or solidarity statement on these issues, they all look the fucking same?

White - check
Over 60 - check
Face so miserable it resembles a shrivelled onion - check

Imagine spending your later years being angry at a world that won’t soon be yours.

Go and have a pint and play golf!
You forgot “Proud mum/dad” :EnglandFlag:

I used to think that was just about how thin skinned the current generation of Tories are but now I think it's a dedicated policy decision to completely control the media. They know that the truth behind everything they're doing is horrific so they have to suppress all dissent and ensure that we're only fed their party line. It just keeps getting worse.

He very quickly leant into the far right during the leadership campaign. When people tell you who they are, etc…

The BBC website is not holding back from publishing the full story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom