Hey, hey
And the pain has started to slip away
Hey, hey
I'm in a backless dress on a pastel ward
The Shining
Think I want you still
But there may be pills at work..

:(

One of the best albums of 2008 featuring what may be the best single of the year too (A&E) but still not a clean 10 (thanks to Caravan Girl)

I've never been much of a Goldfrapp fan to be honest but this one had me day dreaming right away, EXCELLENT STUFF

Last edited:
I don't really get it to be honest. I think it's the weakest of their albums. Not my cup of tea, though a couple of tracks really are quite astonishing. I played it only last week in my bi-monthly attempt to understand the fuss, but NAH...

I don't really get it to be honest. I think it's the weakest of their albums. Not my cup of tea, though a couple of tracks really are quite astonishing. I played it only last week in my bi-monthly attempt to understand the fuss, but NAH...

I'm the same, it's all very PLEASANT but it just washes over me on the whole...

It's all just okay other than A&E (utterly astonishing) and Cologne Cerrone Houdini. Some days I rather like the strange floatyness of Clowns, other days I can't stand it. As an album it's nice to put on in the background but nothing more.

there was a thread about this but a month ago! :hitler:

https://www.moopy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=65408

Quite randomly this is really hitting the spot this week. "Clowns", "Happiness", "A&E", "Eat Yourself" are all tremendous for very different reasons.

And of course Road to Somewhere

And let's not forget Caravan Girl (fantastic live!)

Love it still today as much as I did then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom