Grease: Rise of the Pink Ladies

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
FUCK OFF PREQUELS

Anyway it's coming out in "early 2023", here's a cast photo and no that's not Aubrey Plaza

gr.PNG

It's set in the 50s before Rizzo, Frenchie ET AL ruled the school

Apparently the creator is a big fan of GREASE 2 so hopefully there'll be some easter eggs for THAT to keep me happy

And Justin Tranter has written 31 songs for it which bodes quite well I think

Cautiously optimistic o_O O_o o.O O.o

https://ew.com/tv/grease-rise-of-th...j2btt72UZPUe0--Vs3f51rX4GKrYg&mibextid=Zxz2cZ

hopes are not high but I dare to dream that this might be at least ENTERTAINING VIEWING. when's it out?

hopefully they'll have Stockard Channing as a campy, gracefully ageing great-aunt or something.

Free trial binge once the episodes are all out?

Maybe, but I’d rather not wait. I think a brief return to torrents may have to proceed.

AppleTV+ content is too good (and reasonably priced) to ignore and at least Disney+ here has Hulu’s best shows combined into it, as well as all the legacy 20th Century Fox titles. Paramount doesn’t have enough yet and all their great legacy titles I probably already own in one way or another.

Well apart from this I can’t see any content that has caught my eye at all. I think it’s £7 a month which is the same as the others, but it doesn’t offer you the discount option of paying up front for 12 months for the cost of 10.

Also their free trial is only for 7 DAYS. I’d struggle to do a binge watch of a series in that time unless deeply committed.

I got Paramount Plus for £35 for the year on a special offer towards the end of last year. I won't be renewing, or at least won't consider it unless they offer me the same again.

It's not that they aren't producing good stuff, so much as so are the others I am paying already. I can't watch everything I want to as it is, so I may as well save a few quid while I'm missing out.

Yes as much as I would like to see this (and Yellowjackets) I don't watch all that I would like on Netflix or Amazon.

That said I see Sky are pushing a six month free trial of Apple+ yet again, which I will take up. If and when they offer this for Paramount+ I will do the same.

Well apart from this I can’t see any content that has caught my eye at all. I think it’s £7 a month which is the same as the others, but it doesn’t offer you the discount option of paying up front for 12 months for the cost of 10.

Also their free trial is only for 7 DAYS. I’d struggle to do a binge watch of a series in that time unless deeply committed.

SEVEN whole pounds? Just cough up and pay them. Or don’t watch it.

You’d pay seven pounds for a drink in a pub. Half a dozen hours of telly seems like a decent bargain for the same price.

If I wanted to watch it weekly it would be £70! Pretty crap value. That’s like two pretty decent theatre tickets! Paramount basically need to just have at least 4 unmissable shows.

70 quid barely gets you into the back row of London’s glitterin‘ West End End and you’re happy to fork that over.

PAY UP Ells!

70 quid barely gets you into the back row of London’s glitterin‘ West End End and you’re happy to fork that over.

PAY UP Ells!
5th row stalls for To Kill A Mockingbird for £35 just yesterday and £20 for Bonnie & Clyde in a flash deal! :disco:

First two episodes appeared overnight. Will check this out over the weekend. (Please don't be shit)

• Love
Reactions: dUb
Grease 2 References:

- the opening number is kind of one with the talking/character intros during the song but not really

- someone has said “You should have paid her to do your homework for you” and I’m counting it

- someone just mentioned “treatment for your nymphomania”

- pranks during Miss McGee’s morning announcement (I think this was G2 only?)

Last edited:
I didn’t foresee Frenchie and Rizzo being in it! They’re good too

I didn’t foresee Frenchie and Rizzo being in it! They’re good too
That was the only good part for me. Unless they turn up again, the show was dreadful. The songs in particular which aren’t even pretending to be appropriate for the 1950s, and only one of the girls has any actual real singing talent.

Last edited:
I haven’t watched 2 but I see it’s got a significantly higher IMDb rating

I liked the song in the sewing class!

I liked the song in the sewing class!
Yes, that was the only good one! The rest are all second rate Glee, with the ladies singing like auto-tunes Christina Aguilera wannabes. It just all seems really amateur and I can’t think what audience they’re aiming this at :(

I actually enjoyed this more than I expected to (although I did go in with very low expectations).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom