Harry and Meghan "leave" the Royal Family + Interview + book 'Spare'

7EE4FCBA-D16B-47CB-8F23-F6C537628445.gif

I don’t know how they’d know that at 6pm on the day of release. I mean not that they’d need to know anything to write a puff piece about it :eyes:

Anyway SAD!

presumably they’re just counting preorders if there’s hardly any interest in actual shops. I worked in a book dept in WHSmiths during the first bunch of Harry Potters and it was apocalyptic

I feel like in the age of next day delivery, audio books, and kindle, people are unlikely to be queueing 'round the block for an autobiography.

I can confirm I saw one woman of about 70 walking around Waterstones with it here today. I didn't see her actually pay for it though. She may have thought better of it and swapped it for a Maeve Binchy.

I don’t know how they’d know that at 6pm on the day of release. I mean not that they’d need to know anything to write a puff piece about it :eyes:

Anyway SAD!

presumably they’re just counting preorders if there’s hardly any interest in actual shops. I worked in a book dept in WHSmiths during the first bunch of Harry Potters and it was apocalyptic
Isn't a book counted as sold when a bookshop buys it from the publisher? So it isn't necessarily 400,000 copies bought and possessed by the public.

Oh so it’s just like it going gold on the first day or something and doesn’t really mean much (except possibly they overstocked)

It's so widely reported to be £8 in Tesco that I'm amazed they would expect anyone to queue at 8.30am of a January Tuesday morning to pay nearly double that.

I wasn't planning on buying, but I've just looked at the amazon reviews and this might have changed my mind

granny bally

5.0 out of 5 starsVerified Purchase
Gorgeous
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 10 January 2023
These are absolutely beautiful. They are the perfect size and extremely realistic. They could easily pass for an extremely expensive pair of real gold earrings.
250 people found this helpful

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I just can't with this idiot and the victimhood to sell books, I hope those numbers are preorders nobody is gonna buy, it's all so stupid.

There's also an old saying with royal kids of having an heir and a spare - an extra son lying around in case anything happens to the main one.

Yes, I read 'spare' as something kept just in case there's a problem with the original.

Which I suppose he was until William had children, and now he is surplus to requirement - which could be another definition.

It’s sort of a good title in a “Yes, this is a messy bitch” way

But it’s so unflattering, it just comes across to me that he’s just trying to rinse some money out of being a Royal while also leaving the family. And I’m sure it’ll work but for how long?

I always love how everyone claims to find this BORING, but the topic is rammed every time it's bumped. You love the petty drama, stop kidding yourself.

As reluctant as I am (as we ALL ARE), 100% this annoyingly.

We don't NEED these people and I don't want them, but if we're going to have them we may as well enjoy some JUICY MESS when it blows up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom