Israel 2024: Eden Golan - Hurricane

I don't see it. Israel is not going to have the same strength of feeling as Ukraine did, nor is this song even close to the quality of Stefania.

It will do better than it has any right to, but I don't see it winning
I just can’t see how they don’t have a huge televote coming their way. Not a Europe-wide wave of solidarity like Ukraine had, but considering just how heated this discourse is going to get between now and May, how their participation is going to dominate all headlines and dialogues and how divisive it’s going to be, I can just envisage every single pro-Israel viewer just voting for Israel automatically.

The people who are against their participation will have 25 other songs to split their votes between, or won’t be watching.

If it gains traction, there's certainly the potential for a right wing move to mass vote Israel. Very difficult to beat that sort of thing.

The worse thing will be gammons and Tories being active Eurovision viewers.

Which means gays, the left, and other interested parties need to not boycott but to unify behind another entry.

Malta 2025 please. LOOOOOOOoooOOOOOP

It is capable of getting a much bigger televote than people are expecting (especially considering a lot assume it's not even in question as a qualifier), but unless there's the mother of all multicar pileups in the public vote top 5 I wouldn't have thought a televote win was likely.

I would hope the song being nothing of note will at least go some way to hampering this pointless rally of support

I would hope the song being nothing of note will at least go some way to hampering this pointless rally of support
Well Ukraine did alright with juries. I think they came 4th/5th. I don't see THAT being repeated.

I hope she's a terrible performer.

Judging by how the protests have gone, I don't actually really see likely enthusiasm for anti-Palestinian (protesters) sentiment directly converting purely into support for Israel. We'd have seen it translating a lot more neatly by now and the numbers just aren't even really comparable. It's certainly not a level of support I could imagine dwarfing, say, the likely baseline UK televote for Windows95man

Also this will do absolutely horrendously on the jury vote. Much more likely to be sunk by one or two last placers on principle, but also even if well sung, it's the type of demo filler that'll probably turn off all but the most dedicated music theory singing teachers on the panels. You'll get the odd juror here and there putting it first as a statement of principle, but I'd expect far, far more to make a point of putting it last.

I would imagine that will damage its jury vote at least. There’ll be a lot of jurors just burying this out of hand, but I’d imagine if it had been a really good song along the lines of, say, A Million Voices from Russia, some jurors would feel compelled to vote for it on merit. Thankfully it has very little.

The song just premiered on KAN. It’s actually quite a decent ballad and in normal circumstances it would probably do very well with the juries in the final. I think it’s qualifying, but who knows what will happen in the final.

The song just premiered on KAN. It’s actually quite a decent ballad and in normal circumstances it would probably do very well with the juries in the final. I think it’s qualifying, but who knows what will happen in the final.
Where did you manage to watch KAN? :D

Quite interesting that they've eschewed the Mizrahi instrumental flourishes they usually reflexively reach for in putting together Israeli entries for Eurovision.
Not really. It is a power ballad. The "Mizrahi" instrumental flourishes have only been present on uptempo entries in the last decade or so.

This sounds like a Demi Lovato album track (not a rock version).
TBH, she sounds (and looks) even better than Demi.

I know that everyone here are secretly loving it and playing it on repeat while pretending to loath it. :zsazsa:

Oh why has Israel embraced modern dance in that video. She should have five dancers max, all doing choreo from the 1970s.

TBH, she sounds (and looks) even better than Demi.

I know that everyone here are secretly loving it and playing it on repeat while pretending to loath it. :zsazsa:
Why would you play a ballad on repeat?

It’s actually better than it sounded on the feed from the Crystal Ball X account.
Yes. Much more polished and jury-friendly. Still trite beyond words, but that is literally what the EBU doctor ordered, so

Yeah it think that’s qualifying :( Can’t see it doing much in the final, even if there is some sort of a pro-Israel vote.

It’s over 1 million YouTube streams in a little over a day, which I guess is mainly curiosity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom