J. K. Rowling and other TERFs

She's the only person on earth who could get a headline out of that. Twitter does fuck all about death threats unless it's someone who creates "engagement" ie has an army for moronic followers.

The plan here is to completely removed lived experience from any decision making. Anyone who is trans, has a trans person in their family or has a trans person as a friend, colleague etc is now 'biased' and therefore to be ignored. Only those cis people who automatically reject all trans people are allowed to participate.

There's a lot of other "conversations" based on lived experience, of course. Because this has always been the thin end of the wedge.

Evil.

Yes, I came in to rant about J KKK Rowling’s new novel being about INTERNET TROLLS (:D!) and it didn’t feel appropriate after that lovely post.

J KKK Rowling’s new novel being about INTERNET TROLLS (:D!)
:goodgrief:
I do wonder at what point the mainstream public opinion on her changes, it feels like she's getting more and more fixated on all this stuff, and if it starts to become the focal point of her books as well maybe people will eventually just get turned off.

Yes, I came in to rant about J KKK Rowling’s new novel being about INTERNET TROLLS (:D!) and it didn’t feel appropriate after that lovely post.

Oh yes I saw the synopsis the other day and had to laugh

When frantic, dishevelled Edie Ledwell appears in the office begging to speak to her, private detective Robin Ellacott doesn't know quite what to make of the situation. The co-creator of a popular cartoon, The Ink Black Heart, Edie is being persecuted by a mysterious online figure who goes by the pseudonym of Anomie. Edie is desperate to uncover Anomie's true identity.

Robin decides that the agency can't help with this - and thinks nothing more of it until a few days later, when she reads the shocking news that Edie has been tasered and then murdered in Highgate Cemetery, the location of The Ink Black Heart.

Robin and her business partner Cormoran Strike become drawn into the quest to uncover Anomie's true identity. But with a complex web of online aliases, business interests and family conflicts to navigate, Strike and Robin find themselves embroiled in a case that stretches their powers of deduction to the limits - and which threatens them in new and horrifying ways . . .

'The frantic, dishevelled Edie Ledwell'. Come on Joanne, you've been at this long enough to avoid self-inserts by now surely.

She's completely fucking hatstand. Who's publishing this?

She's totally getting something in Boris Johnson's resignation honours list.

This is a true underdog; a plucky billionaire author overcoming a marginalised group she doesn't believe actually exists, using only her insanely high profile to publish an overt attack piece to thwart their nefarious attempts to identify as women without fear of persecution.

Why can’t she just go away?

She’s like those conspiracy maniacs, she just can’t stop PROJECTING.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom