Jacqline - Effortless

What's it worth?

• Effortless 12

• -

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hak

User
Cupid came around with the hottest news!

The song, with a killer bassline and a hint of Agnes, has landed. The indolent performance towers far above what other recent debutantes have managed. Moreover, it's distinctly Jacqline: legs up, a funked-up laissez-faire stroll, some effortless wiggling back and forth, and a hint of sass :disco:

I'm still agog that this doesn't have shorter odds.
I thought it should have done before, but it's getting harder to see this getting enough of a (/any) margin over M&M with the juries to make up for what's probably going to be a bit of a mauling with the public vote.

• Care
Reactions: D5K
Also ever since clocking that the traditional date of Epiphany is January 6th, I've come to the conclusion that this is actually a MAGA witness protection anthem.

Best song in the final by a mile. My "problem" with it (and MF in general) is 95% of the voices being pre-recorded (in cases like Samir & Viktor or Anton Ewald it's 100%). The staging and live performances look so much better on tv, but it's all a bit artificial, I miss the good old days where Velvet and Linda Pritchard did their best as live background singers. I guess it's just me getting old :vomit:

Best song in the final by a mile. My "problem" with it (and MF in general) is 95% of the voices being pre-recorded (in cases like Samir & Viktor or Anton Ewald it's 100%). The staging and live performances look so much better on tv, but it's all a bit artificial, I miss the good old days where Velvet and Linda Pritchard did their best as live background singers. I guess it's just me getting old :vomit:
Oddly I feel like this is one of the ones that does actually sound the most "live" out of this year's bunch, in the sense that you can clearly hear her voice and there aren't particularly any cheats involved like there are with a shocking number of them these days. I don't think she's a stellar vocalist or anything but she's clearly carrying it.

Also I have no way of proving it but I could have sworn that the harmonies in the chorus were live backstage too - it does sound fuller than the studio version and she only has 4 backing dancers. I wouldn't bet my life on it though.

Oddly I feel like this is one of the ones that does actually sound the most "live" out of this year's bunch, in the sense that you can clearly hear her voice and there aren't particularly any cheats involved like there are with a shocking number of them these days. I don't think she's a stellar vocalist or anything but she's clearly carrying it.

Also I have no way of proving it but I could have sworn that the harmonies in the chorus were live backstage too - it does sound fuller than the studio version and she only has 4 backing dancers. I wouldn't bet my life on it though.
I had that impression during the reprise after winning the semi, the parts where she wasn't singing being the same, but maybe I wasn't paying too much attention. I don't mean she or others can't sing, but my goodness, those chorus with dozens of voices, or some pre-recorded tracks being too loud and we can barely hear the live vocals (for the best in some cases :eyes:). I'm not completely against pre-recorded vocals and I get that you have a much better visual show, but I miss it being properly live 🤷‍♂️

I had that impression during the reprise after winning the semi, the parts where she wasn't singing being the same, but maybe I wasn't paying too much attention. I don't mean she or others can't sing, but my goodness, those chorus with dozens of voices, or some pre-recorded tracks being too loud and we can barely hear the live vocals (for the best in some cases :eyes:). I'm not completely against pre-recorded vocals and I get that you have a much better visual show, but I miss it being properly live 🤷‍♂️

Agreed, there is a skill and craft that comes with figuring out what you can and want to do with a maximum of six people.

New hair! (Or rather her real hair) she looks :disco:

IMG_1303.jpeg
IMG_1304.jpegIMG_1305.jpegIMG_1306.jpeg

I hope there’s some straight male votes in the fact that she is an incredibly attractive woman

Back to the long hair going by her IG story

She also SENT ME A MESSAGE LAST NIGHT

In response to a fawning insta story where I tagged her obviously.

I told her WE’RE ALL BEHIND HER and she didn’t reply then

I know this doesn't mean that much, but OH DEAR at her 8th place in the rehearsal poll :side-eye: The rest looks very much how they'll end tomorrow.

1 Unforgettable – Marcus & Martinus | 190 votes (27,9%)
2 Que sera – Medina | 121 votes (17,7%)
3 Heroes Are Calling – Smash Into Pieces | 61 votes (8,9%)
4 Happy That You Found Me – Danny Saucedo | 56 votes (8,2%)
5 Dragon – LIAMOO | 53 votes (7,8%)
6 When I’m Gone – Maria Sur | 52 votes (7,6%)
7 Give My Heart a Break – Cazzi Opeia | 43 votes (6,3%)
8 Effortless – Jacqline | 36 votes (5,3%)
9 Light – Annika Wickihalder | 20 votes (2,9%)
10 It’s Not Easy To Write a Love Song – Dotter | 20 votes (2,9%)
11 Awful Liar – Lisa Ajax | 18 votes (2,6%)
12 Back to My Roots – Jay Smith | 12 votes (1,8%)

EJcrOxBWwAEmm2N.jpg

Last edited:
Who actually votes in those rehearsal polls? Balloon wavers?

I said it in the live thread, but I’m not that surprised. I love the song (second only to When You’re Gone) but the staging was very basic, it wasn’t the most competent vocal performance on the night. It felt like there were a string of big show performances and then Jacqline. I felt it just didn’t have that extra 10% on the night to get people to pick up the phone against those other big hitters.

I said it in the live thread, but I’m not that surprised. I love the song (second only to When You’re Gone) but the staging was very basic, it wasn’t the most competent vocal performance on the night. It felt like there were a string of big show performances and then Jacqline. I felt it just didn’t have that extra 10% on the night to get people to pick up the phone against those other big hitters.

I think most people had accepted she wasn't winning, but yeah her lack of budget and staging really stood out tonight unfortunately. Still the best song for me this year, but you can absolutely see why it got lost - especially when even songs like LIAMOO had more memorable stage shows.

Which is frustrating, as it does highlight how much influence the stage element has now in a way that often parades rotten roadkill as prime steak. Not that M&M were THAT bad, but it's kind of a case in point...

Also maybe in the long run Effortless was always going to be strictly GAY INTEREST. I assume she walked the online homosexual category to win her semi or something

I honestly don't think a straight person would even consider the sheer :disco: power of not one, but two iconic chorus lines, which means you've already lost a chunk of its selling point right there..

There's a clear shift in the wrong direction from the heat to the finals. Debutantes with a song typically build momentum, not lose it.

NAR: it really absolutely DEMOLISHES me every single time that the background media for this on Spotify is Jacqline performing a PERSONALISED LAP DANCE :D

The STILLNESS in the crowd. Disgusting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom