Kelly Clarkson - Chemistry (10th Album) / Me / Mine

out at midnight :disco:

mine is a fucking great lead single. really strong song and a much bigger departure than anything she's done in a while, but still infectious and catchy. the West Coast beat switch-up moment in the middle 8 is :disco:

"Mine" is quite good, and the better choice for the lead (I'm assuming it's the radio single). "Me" is more Meaning of the Life nonsense but it's decent enough.

Variant queen

FtpdncYaUAAQtQo

Mine is really good, I love how she always try for a bit of effort on her launching singles, Love So Soft aside of course.

I can't remember "me" but I love "mine". I feel like she's really at her best on a break-up album.

My only criticism is that it does feel a bit like it comes from the Katy Perry songwriting school of just stringing together clichés.

I don't know why its taken me 2 weeks to listen to this, but I like Mine a lot

"Favorite Kind of High" (an uptempo) is supposed to be next release on May 19th.

Rolling Stone published an article from anonymous staffers about a "toxic" environment on set of her show. Her response is below.

Snippet of "Favorite Kind of High". Out Friday. VERY poppy / All I Ever Wanted-era Kelly. This album is feeling very diverse so far.

Did Mine not do anything chartwise then? I know she’s 40+ now but I’m surprised she doesn’t seem to have had any kind of radio push given her status in the industry.

Did Mine not do anything chartwise then? I know she’s 40+ now but I’m surprised she doesn’t seem to have had any kind of radio push given her status in the industry.
Not really. It was not pushed at pop radio, and she has no streaming support. It's performing decently on her key format here (Hot AC - top 20 and rising), but without a push at pop radio it was never going to get very far. I was surprised she didn't debut on the Hot 100 for week 1 though. Even "Love so Soft" did something.

Maybe they will focus on "Favorite Kind of High", which is clearly more geared for a larger pop audience.

Not really. It was not pushed at pop radio, and she has no streaming support. It's performing decently on her key format here (Hot AC - top 20 and rising), but without a push at pop radio it was never going to get very far. I was surprised she didn't debut on the Hot 100 for week 1 though. Even "Love so Soft" did something.

Maybe they will focus on "Favorite Kind of High", which is clearly more geared for a larger pop audience.

Soft launch single?

it's very Carly Rae. the hooks are strong enough, but the production isn't really there imo. it's a bit bland/all over the place when that dated vocal drop comes in.

this just feels... not what the doctor ordered in terms of a Kelly Clarkson divorce album, so far.

I can't believe Carly Rae Jepsen co-wrote a song with Kelly :disco: We've come full circle, you gays.

all over the place when that dated vocal drop comes in.

This was my first impression, too. The basics are there but the production choices are.. a bit weird and end up sacrificing pace/steam at the worst moments, especially with the drops.

I don't she's had a good video since the Breakaway Era! Except maybe for I Don't Hook Up and Don't Waste Your Time.

Even her newest "hits" like Piece By Piece or Happier Than Ever had crap videos or nothing at all!

Piece by Piece
Stronger
--Chemistry-- (?)
Breakaway
My December
All I Ever Wanted
Thankful
That other one

prayer-please.gif
Did you mean

The Meaning of Life

or

Wrapped In Red

or

When Christmas Comes Around?

Queen has given so many choices of what constitutes The Other One(s)

:eyes:

And yes I already declare Rock Hudson to be the 13th best K-Cla song of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom