Kylie - Disco (album 15)

Cassettes can DO ONE. You're not tempted, surely?

I just want a signed vinyl deluxe. I only have one personally signed Kylie item and her signature is coming off that.

The thing is they look lovely but what’s the fucking point?!

to borrow the @joanne scoring system

97 Magic
94 I Love It
93 Say Something
90 Miss a Thing
89 Celebrate You
86 Real Groove
83 Till You Love Somebody
79 Supernova
74 Dance Floor Darling
~50 <the rest>

SHAKING at another new rating system! :disco:

to borrow the @joanne scoring system

97 Magic
94 I Love It
93 Say Something
90 Miss a Thing
89 Celebrate You
86 Real Groove
83 Till You Love Somebody
79 Supernova
74 Dance Floor Darling
~50 <the rest>

Say Something not being number one renders this NULL AND VOID.

If you were the real DISCO POLICE you'd be grinding your gunny on a lamp post to the tune of What's Your Pleasure? at this very moment @Eddie hun so don't COME FOR ME.

speccy for la miss bev.

06 magic - it's grown on me and it's undeniably catchy but it's very basic. i thought of valentina monetta at eurovision when i first heard and saw it granted this is very well produced. the video is unforgivable.
07 miss a thing - i like it even if it's very throwaway. the ad-libs at the end are my favourite thing about it but we've heard it before.
08 real groove - very get lucky, the live performance made it come to life for me and had they put in a bit more effort with the staging and costumes, it could've absolutely worked as a video. again, i find the lyrics pretty trite - sadly, a recurring theme on this album.
01 monday blues - i actually find this offensive, can't believe it made the cut and even got a spot in infinite disco... woeful.
08 supernova - this blasting mid-way through light years was such a moment. again, the lyrics are lacking but the rest is working overtime for me.
09 say something - best kylie track in ages. i still find the cause love is love it never ends grating but everything else is exactly right. though i'm starting to dread the suh-suh-suh bits live and i don't like her live take on the i'm always thinking about you.
06 last chance - overcooked and undercooked simultaneously but it's fun.
05 i love it - ok but basic basic basic.
01 where does the dj go? - seriously? this and monday blues have no business being released.
08 dancefloor darling - again, the lyrics are full of dread, but there's a great song in there. still not sure how necessary the speed lift is... it doesn't really bug me but it does get too much and feels like a bit of a cop-out out of developing the actual song.
06 unstoppable - this is ok, but i'm not sure there's a point to it, style over substance.
08 celebrate you - this was the first one that got under my skin, i love the chorus however middle-aged it might be but the mary mary lyrics on the verses make me queasy.

haven't heard the bonuses more than once.

on the whole, i appreciate the record for what it is and i like that while it borrows so heavily from classic disco tropes she manages to make it all her own.
therein lies the biggest criticism i can extend it - it's not forward-looking and together with the cliched lyrics it just feels stale.

08 Magic
07 Miss a thing
10 Real Groove
05 Monday Blues
11 Supernova
06 Say Something
07 last chance
05 I love it
07 DJ
10 Dance Floor Darling
05 Unstoppable
03 Celebrate You
05 Till You Love Somebody
04 Fine Wine
03 Hey Lonely
05 Spotlight

@Eddie, thought you might like to know.

rating that useless piece of filler turd Where Does the DJ Go? a SEVEN while poor beautiful Celebrate You languishes on THREE???

Apparently she’s on The One Show tonight and (one for @Halli ) BBC Breakfast tomorrow.

Last edited:
08 Magic
07 Miss a thing
10 Real Groove
05 Monday Blues
11 Supernova
06 Say Something
07 last chance
05 I love it
07 DJ
10 Dance Floor Darling
05 Unstoppable
03 Celebrate You
05 Till You Love Somebody
04 Fine Wine
03 Hey Lonely
05 Spotlight

@Eddie, thought you might like to know.

Aww thanks Zen!

Also there’s the bloke from The Charlatans’ Twitter listen tomorrow evening and it seems to be quite popular plus Kylie’s joining in. :disco: I’m going to use it as an opportunity to demand she record the next album in its entirety with JON GREEN.

Say Something from Infinite Disco being shown on The One Show tonight. *shows 10 second clip*

@Eddie is making a lot of enemies these days. he spent so long being Kylie's harshest critic and suddenly he can't remember what it's like to award anything less than a 9. :basil:

This will pass the Cosmetica thread very soon.
fPXjoRp.jpg

I’m not liking the passive aggressive liking of @Jark s posts by @monsta quite frankly.
@Eddie is making a lot of enemies these days. he spent so long being Kylie's harshest critic and suddenly he can't remember what it's like to award anything less than a 9. :basil:

Honeymoon period innit.

OutSynk said:
This will pass the Cosmetica thread very soon.
To be fair to Gags she did about 5% of the promo Kylie has. The gravitational pull of Chromatica was nevertheless strong enough to pull in all gays from every corner of the multiverse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom