Labour: The Keir Starmer years

Sir Keir's won - are you happy with this outcome?

• Total voters
Why does she look so Tory tho :(
1710335425648.png

What else would the MP for the Bicester Village shopping outlet look like?

Reactions: D5K
There is *something* about that kind of scarf that just feels wrong. Joanna 🍒 wears them too and we know what a WRONG 'UN she is.

WE WANT THE WHIP! as we used to CRY OUT at school after reading BRAVE NEW WORLD

She was a visionary. It's just that her vision was of a deliberately unequal country where the workers exhaust themselves for crumbs while the rich hoard wealth and live in unprecedented luxury. It's a hellscape for everyone except the chosen/inherited few but it's still a VISION.

I really hope Starmer loses some key seats at the election. He can have the "red wall" and his 50+ majority but it would be great to see him get fuck all in Scotland, fuck all in Wales and for a few of the swivel-eyed brigade losing to independents (Streeting, Duffield etc - the opportunists who are only slightly to the left of Genghis Khan...).

my important takeaway from this is that Owen Jones remains strangely fuckable

Reactions: GNL
I like Owen, sometimes, but I assumed he’d left Labour ages ago.

Either way, publicly quitting and setting up an ill-defined vanity organisation to ’help’ alternative candidates reeks of grift.

he is 100% right. labour are offering almost nothing and will quite clearly continue to slide to the right, into the space that was occupied by moderate-ish Tories. this country needs a leftist opposition party (or government!) and giving labour a big majority in its current state says we endorse their Tory-lite policies and we're happy for them to claim the centre-right. but almost nobody actually wants those anymore, and we're not.

He’s asking for donations. For what? Why not join an organisation that’s already set up? Why not actually join the Green party if they’re who he feels he best aligns with now?

I mean there’s no money in journalism any more so it was probably inevitable he’d end up going this way, but just because he errs more on the side of good than, say, Dan Wootton doesn’t mean the end game isn’t pretty much the same.

He’s asking for donations. For what? Why not join an organisation that’s already set up? Why not actually join the Green party if they’re who he feels he best aligns with now?

I mean there’s no money in journalism any more so it was probably inevitable he’d end up going this way, but just because he errs more on the side of good than, say, Dan Wootton doesn’t mean the end game isn’t pretty much the same.
I agree that the website should be clear about what is being donated to, but he doesn't ask for donations once/promote the website at all in the video itself or in the accompanying Guardian article. his bigger aim seems to be just to persuade people not to vote labour.

To be fair despite the "I'm quitting Labour" headline he says he's fundraising for left wing candidates including Labour MPs (from memory Zarah Sultana and John McDonnell are shown as examples).

I'm a bit sceptical because I think, for example, a lot of independent candidates are likely to be one-issue loons, but I can see why you'd avoid tethering yourself to just the Green party if your aim is to support left wing politics generally.

Good independent candidates is the way forward. A break from party politics. A popular locally focused candidate is the best hope against some of the biggest roasters, beat Galloway at his own game.

the thing about Owen Jones is he's a narcissist and a crank... and from what i've experienced, a complete dickhead

the england footy peoples are just so WOKE! you know it's bad when Farage and Starmer are banging the same drum

They're so thin-skinned. "This football shirt isn't patriotic enough! AAAAARRRGHHHH!" Go and fuck yourself.

I...see why people are miffed, though? It's a flag associated with a country on their official kit (or one of the variants available for an extortionate amount of money, at least). If you change the colours, it's not the flag it's supposed to be anymore.

If Nike came out and said, "We're going to put the Pride rainbow flag on a new T-shirt that retails for £125, but we're going to change the colours to six different shades of grey," then why even bother? There's some historical precedent for the colours relating to 1966, but if people don't immediately see the connection and it needs to be explained, then it's just a silly design choice. Moreover, it's leading the usual suspects to cry "woke", so once again, minority groups are being blamed for something they have no involvement in whatsoever.

However, yes, the fact that THIS is the thing Kier Starmer was straight out of the traps to criticise speaks volumes.

As if Starmer gives a shit about a flag on a shirt. He knows what he’s doing. Man is going to win by a landslide in November, he’s more Blair than Blair when it comes to politics

I...see why people are miffed, though? It's a flag associated with a country on their official kit (or one of the variants available for an extortionate amount of money, at least). If you change the colours, it's not the flag it's supposed to be anymore.
It's almost as if they made a conscious decision to have the publicity...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom