Loreen - Is It Love?

Is it good, is it good, is it good?

• Total voters
I really love this - sure it is short but it does go off

I have absolutely no issue with the new trend of short songs, and there is a way of doing a 2:20 track that sounds complete. This feels like half a song. Half a good song, admittedly, but it just kind of builds a little bit and stops when there's so much more that could have been done with it.

Very short songs are fine in some circumstances, but yes on first listen this feels all (excellent) build and no pay off. The hook is definitely a winner though.

Maybe in six months we'll get an extended version with thirty extra seconds of chorus.

It’s very good. Yes, it is too short, but it’s still a good little pop track.

I fucking LOVE this song. I have played it 30 times today which I guess would be the point of them making it short to increase plays.

I do hope that they release an extended version of the song as it is crying out for a second half!

Yes I love it now too but I really do wish there was more to it.

#9 on iTunes UK.

You would think somebody would have gone 'let's just reprise that chorus one more time"? It's literally just a CTRL + V job

You could have even shoe-horned in a low-energy Middle 8. Mariette must have a few knocking around

This is the only song I listened to yesterday

I’m not sure it’s a keeper for ME (quelle surprise) but i will say the vocal on this is quite beautiful.

In at #10 on Spotify Sweden on its day of release.

That's pretty good for an entry that's only been out for two thirds of the day.
#10 is actually for Friday, the full day, not Thursday.

I’m not sure it’s a keeper for ME (quelle surprise) but i will say the vocal on this is quite beautiful.

It's gorgeous and so effortless, one of the things that keeps drawing me in. It's much more in her wheelhouse than Tattoo (which she pulled off perfectly) but this feels like such a natural fit.

Just blame TaP Music if it flops.

Couldn’t the label afford Max Martin’s mate for another 30-45 seconds? It ends abruptly and there’s no bridge or build up to the end…

Last edited:
I very much doubt TaP had any involvement with the recording process - they're just marketing her in the UK.

I imagine she could get a Graham Norton performance slot if they really pushed for one. Fingers crossed.

It looks like the song is viral on TikTok based on the number of video creations but as someone said elsewhere hardly any of these videos have hit the FYP page and they all have around 300 views/muted sound… :eyes:

One that did hit the FYP page has the sound muted :D

It looks like the song is viral on TikTok based on the number of video creations but as someone said elsewhere hardly any of these videos have hit the FYP page and they all have around 300 views/muted sound… :eyes:

One that did hit the FYP page has the sound muted :D
Sam Ryder WOULD NEVER

Are we supposed to believe the sound is gaining 1K videos every few minutes when none of the videos using the sound are on the fyp? It screams bots.

They are but “Strangers” and “Greedy” didn’t grow that fast. At that rate it should be a global hit within a week so we’ll see if it’s love or an illusion :eyes:

Confused Thinking GIF

I’m so fascinated by her ability to give absolutely everything on the Eurovision/Melfest stage, and yet absolutely nothing in every other avenue.

I’m so fascinated by her ability to give absolutely everything on the Eurovision/Melfest stage, and yet absolutely nothing in every other avenue.

For all the times she says she doesn't enjoy competitions / competing, it feels like it is the one thing the really drives and channels her ambition to create something special.

Reactions: VoR
She's just so good and knows her own voice inside out. Like, in the sense that you never have to worry that she'll run into a dead end with the (smart!) liberties she takes on her vocal runs live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom