Louise - Heavy Love (album)

SDF

We're all Angles in Chainz
It’s release date today!!!!!!!!!!

Where’s @steve_uk with the review

Last edited by a moderator:
He hasn’t been around since NOVEMBER. Pray for him Moopy.

I hope her agent gives the Housewives of Chelsea a call and promises some home gym shirtless scenes with Jamie.

God even I don't care anymore.

iTunes doesn't mean much, but #5 isn't actually that bad is it?

Obviously it's better for her to be high on any chart, but the album download album market is so insignificant that it's rendered pretty meaningless in terms of the final chart.

It's #41 on Amazon.

Since being revealed as HOMOPHOBE I will rejoice in this FLOP!

popbitch:

>> Hot mic <<
Louise's pick-up technique

If you've been in showbusiness for almost 30 years, being wired up to a microphone is probably second nature to you. Still, it might be worth us quickly reminding some of our celebrity readers that the sound crew can hear what you're saying over them, even if you're not within earshot.

So unless you're happy for everyone to know your opinions on, say, bum sex – it's maybe better to save those sorts of conversations for somewhere more private.

(FYI: Louise Redknapp? Not a fan, apparently.

popbitch:

>> Hot mic <<
Louise's pick-up technique

If you've been in showbusiness for almost 30 years, being wired up to a microphone is probably second nature to you. Still, it might be worth us quickly reminding some of our celebrity readers that the sound crew can hear what you're saying over them, even if you're not within earshot.

So unless you're happy for everyone to know your opinions on, say, bum sex – it's maybe better to save those sorts of conversations for somewhere more private.

(FYI: Louise Redknapp? Not a fan, apparently.

That’s far too cryptic to form an opinion. She doesn’t like taking part in anal sex? Or is she against anal sex altogether? :confused:

Oh as if that’s homophobia :D Like 90% of her audience, she’s probably just a shy bottom.

I got a bit burned out on the constant buzz singles, but the album is actually really enjoyable.

It’s clearly going to do horribly though.

The album IS really good actually. Shame it won’t do well but I’m not sure she’s that bothered really. I think she’s just happy to be making music again.

Maybe she she's a roids queen. As in haemorrhoids. Finally a believable explanation for her marriage ending though.

The album is...fine. It sounds so, so dated though, and not even in a good way. Like a bunch of decent Kylie cast-offs. I don’t really understand her appeal, apart from some Eternal nostalgia. She has absolutely zero charisma and an unremarkable voice.

Classic Pop review

Louise – Heavy Love
8/10

It’s a smart operator who has the self-awareness to realise that if you’re launching a comeback, you can’t rely purely on nostalgia or the good will of old fans to make it a success the second time around.

That thought has clearly sparked a fire under Louise, and her fourth studio album – after 16 years out of the pop game – sees her return with a feistier attitude than before and an arsenal of precision-tooled material that hints at previous glories but mostly brings her sound bang up to date.

After compiling nigh-on 50 songs across 18 months for Heavy Love, her considered approach has paid dividends. This is not an album that’s been rushed out of the door to capitalise on recent media interest in Louise’s personal life. However, fans – and even just prurient tabloid readers – will no doubt scour the lyrics for references to her ex-husband Jamie. They’ll find plenty to muse over but if there’s a consistent theme that emerges throughout Heavy Love it’s that Louise is looking to the future rather than wallowing in the past.

Tracks in soul-baring mode include Breaking Back Together, inspired by some post-split advice from her mother (“Diamonds only come from pressure” and “Tearing muscles makes them stronger”), the pulsing electro of Small Talk and soulful pop of Just A Minute, the latter an anthem of survival.

It’s clear, though, that Louise very much views this as a fresh start. A tepid, mumsy comeback was firmly rejected with Stretch, a sexy slice of R&B raunch and one of the best singles of the past year. Its follow-up, Lead Me On also included here, dazzles with a breezy Ibizan summery vibe. The itchy R&B of Not The Same even boasts an irresistible hands-in-the-air chorus.

In our cover feature this month Louise tells Classic Pop that she’d be quite happy to make a whole album of songs in the style of Hammer, a funky nod to Jamiroquai. An LP standout and most recent single, we can only hope her record company are listening. It’s arguably the best thing she’s ever recorded.

Yet her finest vocal performance is reserved for the heart-on-the-sleeve and lump-in-the-throat closer Wrong. A tear-jerking ballad clearly aimed at her ex-husband, it’s a cold heart that won’t be affected by this. Yet despite the lyrical barbs contained within, there’s defiance, too: “I thought that I was nothing without you… I was wrong.” This is a comeback, though, that’s making all the right noises.

She's on the cover of Classic Pop this month. There was quite the discussion on their facebook page about how appropriate she was for it.

There's a fair bit of bland filler (from Louise? Surely not :side-eye:) but there's lots of really good stuff on here too and I love how many songs seem like a homage to her roots. Relative to...well, recent chart music and what long running acts tend to churn out lately I'd say it's a solid 7/10 stab.

This is gorgeous as a closer as well:

There's a fair bit of bland filler (from Louise? Surely not :side-eye:) but there's lots of really good stuff on here too and I love how many songs seem like a homage to her roots. Relative to...well, recent chart music and what long running acts tend to churn out lately I'd say it's a solid 7/10 stab.

This is gorgeous as a closer as well:

I really like that too, and if you're looking for clues as to what went wrong with her and Jamie, well...

After a couple of play-throughs, I think the current single 'Hurt' (A-List on Radio 2 :disco:) is one of the best too.

I'm not so keen on Hammer, I can see what it's going for but it sounds a bit CHEAP.

Oh "Hurt" is lovely too. It's weird to think of anything having a "Louise sound" but by god it exists for good or bad :D

I'm just very pleased she's back and despite the fact it'll do sod all it's good to see her doing it all over again. Also she has a very pleasant TONE to her voice and I don't care what anyone says.

Agreed on Hammer, it's just a bit naff.

I did note that this was album of the week in Sainsburys today, for what it's worth.

I was worried they might hold the fact she once released a version of the ASDA jingle as a single against her.

"Stretch" is one for the ages too, one of the best singles of last year, a special-place-twitching anthem from one you'd least expect it from and she sells it like the very best oiled up cougar. It's fucking phenomenal.

And she still looks gorgeous.

Horrible, horrible artwork though

I did note that this was album of the week in Sainsburys today, for what it's worth.

I was worried they might hold the fact she once released a version of the ASDA jingle as a single against her.

Album in the week in Tesco as well.

Reactions: VoR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom