• Don't Tell Me

• Hung Up

• Sorry

• Get Together

• Jump

Results are only viewable after voting.

POP!

Let the light in
Well "Music" was the clear loser here. Onto the last round for now until the 2010s/2020s.

VOTE TO ELIMINATE

madonna GIF

20. Hey You
19. Revolver
18. Me Against the Music
17. Miles Away
15. American Pie
15. American Life
14. Give It 2 Me
12. Nothing Fails
12. 4 Minutes
11. Hollywood
10. Love Profusion
9. Celebration
8. Die Another Day
7. What It Feels Like For a Girl
6. Music

I know it was massively overplayed at the time, but Don’t Tell Me is an all-time Madonna classic for me. It’s aged like fine wine too.

Losing it to the fun but basic Jump would be… incorrect.

Don't Tell Me I never "got". But I agree with @VoR. Though it's personally 7/10 territory for me, it's a stone cold Madonna classic and objectively a 10/10 moment.

It's all about the STRINGS on Don't Tell Me. Especially combined with those distorted backing vocals and the looped guitar chord over the outro. *chefs kiss*

Speaking as somebody who really came of age during the Music Era, it was the last time she genuinely felt unassailably COOL. Even during Hung Up, the song was kind of undeniable but she still got a lot of (largely unfair) stick for being old/desperate/wearing a leotard etc.

Also given her penchant for FUZZY DREAMS and I WILL BE GAY IF GAYS ARE BURNED nonsense these days

Tell me love isn't true
It's just something that we do

is a banger of a lyric.

if just two (2) Don't Tell Me HATEURS change their votes to Sorry we don't have to LOSE A CLASSIC.

I also can't @ people insinuating Jump is too basic when Sorry is the real basic bitch.

we learned our lesson form the start,
my sisters and me
the only thing you can depend on is your family
(MY SISTERS AND ME MY SISTERS AND ME) :disco:

>>>

I genuinely adore Don't Tell Me

BUT

A COAD exclusive final four? YES PLEASE
That whole era was almost perfection, dork lyrics aside

we learned our lesson form the start,
my sisters and me
the only thing you can depend on is your family
(MY SISTERS AND ME MY SISTERS AND ME) :disco:

>>>

The lyrics are lovely, I choose to interpret the song as an updated Keep It Together.

But the fact that it’s the weakest song here remains.

Music is not better than COAD in ANY WORLD

But I have just had a Don't Tell Me moment and am immediately u-turning on voting it out. The moment the enhanced beat kicks in on the final chorus!

Love the verses to Jump, but I lose interest in the chorus. The less repetitious Don't Tell Me builds to a gorgeous orchestral climax - the squelchy bits are equally divine.

Omg I just remembered how they used to cut out the last part of Music's video on MTV (because it was so explicit? LOL!)

I've SEEN ENOUGH... "Jump" is OUT. The other four will advance to the final survivor. See you in the 2010s girls!

madonna GIF

20. Hey You
19. Revolver
18. Me Against the Music
17. Miles Away
15. American Pie
15. American Life
14. Give It 2 Me
12. Nothing Fails
12. 4 Minutes
11. Hollywood
10. Love Profusion
9. Celebration
8. Die Another Day
7. What It Feels Like For a Girl
6. Music
5. Jump

What are the finalists thus far?
Into the Groove
Papa Don't Preach
La Isla Bonita
Like a Prayer
Vogue
Deeper and Deeper
Frozen
The Power of Goodbye
Don't Tell Me
Hung Up
Sorry
Get Together

There will be a WILDCARD round after this last installment. So a few others still have a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom