Madonna Survivor: The 80s (Round 6)

VOTE FOR THE WORST (up to 2)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

POP!

Let the light in
We will only be having 1-2 more rounds before we narrow it down to the batch that will continue to the final (along with the other decades).

"Dress You Up" performs rather well to make it to the top ten (the only non-TIC single to make top 10). "Lucky Star" and "Express Yourself" make an exit around the right time IMO.

VOTE TO ELIMINATE UP TO TWO

lucky star madonna GIF
madonna dress you up GIF
express yourself madonna GIF

27. Spotlight
26. The Look of Love
25. Everybody
24. Gambler
23. Keep it Together
22. Dear Jessie
21. Causing a Commotion
20. Angel
19. Burning Up
18. Crazy for You
16. Who's That Girl
16. Oh Father
15. Material Girl
13. Holiday
13. Cherish
11. True Blue
11. Like a Virgin
10. Lucky Star (21 votes)
8. Express Yourself (16 votes)
8. Dress You Up (16 votes)

I absolutely adore Borderline - it has a dreamy wistful bliss to it that will forever remind me of the complete joy I felt finally getting The Immaculate Collection (it was quite a Christmas, I also got Dusty, Medusa Lennox and Prince to go with my new CD player and the sound quality was the best I'd ever had (more brackets to say that I actually really miss listening to music this way)).

I can’t remember which Stock Aitken Waterman song used Into The Groove as a “guide track” (i.e. something to shamelessly copy :disco:) but it was probably better than Into The Groove itself :)

GET RID OF INTO THE GROOVE :oi:

I can’t remember which Stock Aitken Waterman song used Into The Groove as a “guide track” (i.e. something to shamelessly copy :disco:) but it was probably better than Into The Groove itself :)

GET RID OF INTO THE GROOVE :oi:
I have it on good authority it is Sinitta 'Feels like the first time', which isn't SAW but SAW adjacent.

Whilst Borderline and Open Your Heart are both fab everything else is a signature song (well maybe not quite Live To Tell but almost).

Live to Tell put Jesus on the electric chair, Like a Prayer totally went after Pope Gloria Estefan, Into the Groove solved the 80s BO problem, Open Your Heart saw off Cyndi Lauper, Ofra Haza and doctors who had trouble getting started, and La Isla Bonita planted the seed for Gina G to invent Spain with Ti Amo.

Into The Groove and La Isla Bonita are the 9.8s in that group of 10s for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom