Mariah x Latto ft. DJ Khaled - Big Energy Remix

It anyone isn’t aware, Big Energy is the Latto song that samples the Tom Tom Club song that Mariah sampled for Fantasy :)

Do I smell (a doomed attempt at) the 20th #1?

Do I smell (a doomed attempt at) the 20th #1?
[wishful thinking] the original is a big hit especially on radio so maybe it actually will [/wishful thinking]

• Wow
Reactions: dUb
SOME people are saying Mariah sounds terrible but I think she sounds… fine

The backing vox are lovely

I think it's nice and fun. It's pretty much what I expected. I love that they kept it fun. And I agree about the backing vocals being the best.

Last edited:
Is this also produced by Dr. Luke ??💀💀
read mariah carey GIF

I keep singing "Big Drag Energy" whenever see the title of this and having flashbacks of Ella Vaday.

I quite like this. I’ve popped it on my holiday playlist

The original is #11 on the Hot 100 this week. If the remix takes this to the top five next week (possible, but too early to tell), she will tie Madonna's record for female with most top five hits (28).

29, The Beatles
28, Madonna
27, Mariah Carey
27, Drake
24, Janet Jackson
23, Rihanna
21, Elvis Presley
20, Justin Bieber
20, Michael Jackson
20, Stevie Wonder
19, Whitney Houston
19, Elton John
19, Taylor Swift

On an unrelated note, never realized Janet had more top fives than Michael :o

Although I'm not sure if that total includes Jackson 5.

The vocals for her first verse are... interesting :eyes:

But I think the song and remix are cute. I noticed the common sample when I heard this for the first time the other day.

that vocal take is atrocious, wouldn't it be easier to just sample the original?

At this point in her career, she's best sticking with her lower register, like she did in Caution. Which sounded amazing imo. Her upper vocals are just too thin and strained.

So how does this work on the charts? They combine figures for remixes right? But would they actually replace the original with the remix? I'm reading people talking about how they might not even include the "feat. Mariah Carey" credit.

So how does this work on the charts? They combine figures for remixes right? But would they actually replace the original with the remix? I'm reading people talking about how they might not even include the "feat. Mariah Carey" credit.
For billboard, they’re combined and it’s credited to whichever version gets the most points that week. It can change week to week

Yeah, worked for Britney to grab that #1 SMASH ‘S&M’. Think it was only the week it got to number one (or maybe one other) that she was credited as the remix got more points than the original :D

I have no choice to stan. This morning my gym playlist looked like:

Latto x Mariah - Big Energy
Mariah Carey - Fantasy (Pop Version)
Mariah Carey featuring ODB - Fantasy (Bad Boy Remix with Pop Chorus)
Mariah Carey featuring ODB - Fantasy (Bad Boy Remix #1s Version)
Mariah Carey - Fantasy Def Club Mix
Mariah Carey - Daydream Interlude

Your fave could never (unless your fave Mimi)

It's the version on #1s to Infinity. It seems to be listed as Fantasy [Bad Boy Fantasy] in my Apple Music.

Explicit version is out

Last edited:
I have no choice to stan. This morning my gym playlist looked like:

Latto x Mariah - Big Energy
Mariah Carey - Fantasy (Pop Version)
Mariah Carey featuring ODB - Fantasy (Bad Boy Remix with Pop Chorus)
Mariah Carey featuring ODB - Fantasy (Bad Boy Remix #1s Version)
Mariah Carey - Fantasy Def Club Mix
Mariah Carey - Daydream Interlude

Your fave could never (unless your fave Mimi)

This is exactly (give or take a particular mix) what I did yesterday too :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom