MARINA - Electra Heart sync & general chat

rule number THREE
wear your heart on your CHEEK
but never on your SLEEVE
...unless you wanna TASTE DEFEAT

very few songs I've ever seen performed live have had such an effect on the crowd as How to Be a Heartbreaker on the last tour. I'm talking 5k people SHAKING THE FLOOR and singing along as if RECITING A HOLY TEXT. truly incredible scenes.

a hard 10, and a big shame it wasn't ready in time to be a quick follow-up single to Primadonna. I feel it would've been her big breakthrough.

10 How to Be a Heartbreaker

rule number THREE
wear your heart on your CHEEK
but never on your SLEEVE
...unless you wanna TASTE DEFEAT

very few songs I've ever seen performed live have had such an effect on the crowd as How To Be a Heartbreaker on the last tour. I'm talking 5k people SHAKING THE FLOOR and singing along as if RECITING A HOLY TEXT. truly incredible scenes.

a hard 10, and a big shame it wasn't ready in time to be a quick follow-up single to Primadonna. I feel it would've been her big breakthrough.
Yes yes and yes
Pretty much all of queen's tours to be honest
It was a particular highlight on the Electra tour for me but also on Froot tour, people went mental
Still hating myself for skipping on Love & Fear Tour even though I had tickets

Yes yes and yes
Pretty much all of queen's tours to be honest
It was a particular highlight on the Electra tour for me but also on Froot tour, people went mental
Still hating myself for skipping on Love & Fear Tour even though I had tickets
beautiful haiku darling

She didn't play it on the EH tour show I saw but it was the first round of touring so it hadn't been released.

I think I like Radioactive more now than I did at the time. It was a bit of a let down at first but it works as a bonus track of the EH era.

Ok Radioactive might not be very “her” but I love it

Radioactive was basically the soundtrack to my half marathon PB at the time. Sub 100 minutes? Yas Gawd.

what can we say about Radioactive?

she snapped. no it's true, it's true.

the NERVE of banishing this to bonus status. the gall. the audacity. the stupidity!!!

I sense that she hates it now (see: it not featuring on the EH10 vinyl) but damn, what a mammoth banger.

10 Radioactive

I remember people criticising her for going all 'Shakira' in the video or something. What tripe.
I’ve never seen the video but being like shakira is so not an insult

Love
Is
All
That
I
Feel / fear

I'm turning radioactive.

original.gif

The SEX YEAH intro is very Mylene Farmer. Specifically Sextonik from the underrated Point De SUTURE album.

"Sex Yeah" is interesting - it's good and it doesn't belong on EH at all which makes one wonder how this got the nod ahead of songs like Jealousy. A taste of what "die Life" could have been like.

amazing how each of these bonus songs brings something valuable to the table. she has never been so consistent before or since.

Sex Yeah is definitely giving Froot preview teas. appreciating the harder rock vocalista approach.

tired image of a star
acting naughtier than we really are

10 Radioactive
08.5 Sex Yeah

I don’t think I’ve heard the bonus tracks? Or I’ve forgotten them? But I like Sex Yeah

Buy the Stars is so magical and gorgeous. the parts sung in her lower register are divine.

it's very Family Jewels and somewhat similar to Goodbye off Ancient Dreams actually. totally out of place here - I guess it was recorded before Electra Heart took shape...

10 Radioactive
08.5 Sex Yeah
09.5 Buy the Stars

"Buy The Stars" is lovely. It's like a sequel to "Numb" and was an excellent choice to conclude the original deluxe; a moment of calm, a look into the night sky to reflect on some of the themes of the album. Nothing is really resolved and tomorrow is coming fast.

I mean THE FACT that she gave the world this album as her sophomore attempt, and some people questioned - nay, even - abandoned her?
The very definition of a hate crime.

I'll still take The Family Jewels over this. Whilst EH is a worthy follow up, it's "ADIAML" that has finally bucked the downhill all the way trend of the career.

I mean THE FACT that she gave the world this album as her sophomore attempt, and some people questioned - nay, even - abandoned her?
The very definition of a hate crime.
"Electra Heart was ahead of its time, to be honest. It wasn't so commercialized. You had to really be a music lover, be a true fan of music and the love of being open to really appreciate that record. It's just a special piece in her body of work that will forever live on."

- Xtina on Electra Heart

"Electra Heart was ahead of its time, to be honest. It wasn't so commercialized. You had to really be a music lover, be a true fan of music and the love of being open to really appreciate that record. It's just a special piece in her body of work that will forever live on."

- Xtina on Electra Heart
What an annoying way to say something true

Lonely Hearts Club is of its time production wise but the chorus is so much fun!!! and those big ol' synths :disco:

10 Radioactive
08.5 Sex Yeah
09.5 Buy the Stars
08 Lonely Hearts Club

Reactions: RJN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom