Moopy Fit Club 2023

Apoca

ASCENDENTE
Well, why not!

What are you doing in terms of general activity or what do you want to do in terms of physical activity this year?

After my neck pain from hell in November and work swallowing me whole until Christmas, I'm back in the gym since Boxing Day and I'm trying to get better at tracking my nutrition.

Also, finally hitting the tennis courts again later this month. 🎾

Me on the first day of 2019: "I'm going to start lifting weights"
Me on the first day of 2020: "I'm going to start lifting weights"
Me on the first day of 2021: "I'm going to start lifting weights"
Me on the first day of 2022: "I'm going to start lifting weights"

But this year is DIFFERENT

I've gotten a good routine of running 3 days a week and taking peloton classes 3 days a week, which I think has actually made me a better runner. I do want to do some other exercise though

As usual this time of the year (when everyone else has been well fed on Christmas food) I’m feeling malnourished and skeletal. In that sense I look forward to going back to work so that I could have regular meals and sleep instead of skipping breakfast and combining lunch/dinner and partying.

As soon as this lurgy is lifted I’m back. Tempted to join a kettlebell class thats started at my gym as was getting a bit bored on my own. None of my mates around here are really gym goers so need to make it a bit more interesting

I need to get back to the gym. I've rejoined today and aim to go 3-4 times a week. No excuses considering it's a 2 minute walk from work.

I need a complete diet overhaul. I need to aim for 10k steps daily and sleep at least 7 hours.

It has to be said, I had some nasty delayed onset muscle soreness in the last week or so - I'm wondering if that's contributing to my general tiredness and feeling like I need 10 hours of sleep per night.

But it also means I'm hitting the right spots that have been aching for exercise.

I learnt this morning that I've been doing situps wrong my entire life. At least, I haven't been breathing in/out right. Did it properly this morning and my abs are killing. :D

After some lurgy I've been training every other day since last week again and it feels good, although I did a big session Saturday and spent the entire weekend tired.

Also trying to be in a calorie deficit and eat more protein, which I hate. I love carbs.

I should probably spend some time in this thread this year :D

As I said in the daily thread, I've had to have two months off the gym entirely for medical reasons but am back this week and actually really enjoying it again already. My fitness goal for this year is mostly to get back into running- I have run half marathons in the past but the last few years just couldn't be arsed. Cardio is my downfall- I love lifting weights but struggle to do anything cardio based- and so need to knuckle down to that and get my spare tyre off.

Also I need to sort my diet out. I generally eat quite healthily, but right now, I'm doing Veganuary and something in my head keeps saying "It's vegan, so it's allowed" which means I'm demolishing vegan cakes/ ice cream/ chocolate as much as I bloody like. THIS MUST END!

The only exercise I enjoy is running. I can't stand weights. It's so boring. If I wanted to lift things all day I would have become a scaffolder and not disappointed my father.

I am trying to get back into the running this year though. I need to get new running kit however, because my trainers are falling apart and keep giving me blisters and the running tops i got half a decade ago are a little cozy now*. Where's good to buy this shit?

Must have shrunk in the wash* :eyes:

The only exercise I enjoy is running. I can't stand weights. It's so boring. If I wanted to lift things all day I would have become a scaffolder and not disappointed my father.

I am trying to get back into the running this year though. I need to get new running kit however, because my trainers are falling apart and keep giving me blisters and the running tops i got half a decade ago are a little cozy now*. Where's good to buy this shit?

I’ve bought all my winter running stuff from Decathlon, it seems pretty good value. Though seeing as this is the first winter i’ve ever braved the outside probably a bit early to judge how long it lasts :D The trainers I bought there a few years ago have held up pretty well.

Reactions: GNL
What exactly do you need? Just shoes and shirts? or bottoms (I would call them shorts, but idk the word) too?

Decathlon if you don't care about spending loads and getting fancy shit. I've been using some outfits for a good four/five years now (though definitely starting to need new stuff)

I would really suggest not getting cheap running shoes, to prevent injuries

Yeah, for running, go and get them fitted at a proper place. Runner's Need is the big chain, but I use an independent.

(Also if you happen to have Vitality Health Insurance through work, anyone, they give you 50% off a pair of Runner's Need shoes a year)

What's TRENDY in gymwear now? Is it GYMSHARK? I see lots of FIT people wearing that.

I don't know if its the shorts or the models wearing them, but the gymshark website makes me want some

I'm getting inundated with sports/athleisure-wear by work every year. Still sitting on tons of Adidas stuff that I really ought to resell or give away. :zombie:

Going to the gym is actually less of a struggle than maintaining a (healthy) surplus diet at the moment. There's only so much oatmeal with quark that I am willing to eat throughout the week.

What exactly do you need? Just shoes and shirts? or bottoms (I would call them shorts, but idk the word) too?

Just tops and shoes really.

I'll check out decathlon for the tops, and try and get a proper pair of running shoes. Probably time to let the £10 pair I got in 2017 die (my poor feet).

Just tops and shoes really.

I'll check out decathlon for the tops, and try and get a proper pair of running shoes. Probably time to let the £10 pair I got in 2017 die (my poor feet).
Omg get new ones. I alternate between Brooks Ghosts and ASICS Gel Nimbus

GO AND GET THEM FITTED!

It completely depends on how you run what you should get. It's really important or else you're placing loads of unwanted pressure etc. on your joints and you'll basically DIE or something.

I am the exact opposite, I fucking despise running.

I haven't been to the gym for weight training in about half a year. I liked how it made my arms look but like @GNL said I found it boring.

I like being outside for my exercise, and if I can't do longer running distances anymore then I'm going to make a point of hiking/trecking/walking/cycling more. And hopefully surfing.

I can moan about where I live but what it has in spades is easily accessible nature.

I've barely left the house so far this year, less exercised. I want to get extra trim for the summer however.

I have started back with my PT twice a week for weight training, and running three times a week, will try to get to the gym too outside of this.

I really want to get my physique built up more this year. I'm getting a sleeve tattoo starting tomorrow, so want to be able to show it off!

After my neck pain from hell in November and work swallowing me whole until Christmas, I'm back in the gym since Boxing Day and I'm trying to get better at tracking my nutrition.

Gym: Thrilled that I'm managing to stick to 4-5x a week even though I've been working 7 days/week since January 2nd, it's starting to feel like a very normal evening routine again which is great, progressively overloading and tracking everything and all. Really looking forward to it every day.

Nutrition: Honestly, the bigger struggle - just because I don't have one day in the week where I could just shop, meal-prep, cook etc, so it's all kind of happening on the fly but I'm doing as well as I possibly can, I think. Don't think my macro-distribution is perfect but it's literally 80g-100g of protein across 4-5-meals a day and 3000kcal. Hoping to get (up) to 12 stone by the end of February.

Tiredness of the week after Christmas/New Year's is also starting to subside. :disco: (Now I'm just tired from work, bleurgh.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom