Mylene Farmer - L'EMPRISE era

OMG in 2 days? CANT WAIT even though I have not really liked any of her albums since Monkey Me, and even that I liked more for my unbridled love for Boutonnat-y melodies.. the last truly perfect album was Innamoramento ..but I'll always have a soft spot for her

OMG in 2 days? CANT WAIT even though I have not really liked any of her albums since Monkey Me, and even that I liked more for my unbridled love for Boutonnat-y melodies.. the last truly perfect album was Innamoramento ..but I'll always have a soft spot for her

This post is so right in some ways and In others so wrong!

Innamoramento is her best album and, yes, the end of her “imperial era” but Bleu Noir is her last great album. And Monkey Me is rubbish. Her worst album for me. The two albums since have been really good, and Interstellaires is great.

Anyway, I’m super excited. BRING IT MYL.

This post is so right in some ways and In others so wrong!

Innamoramento is her best album and, yes, the end of her “imperial era” but Bleu Noir is her last great album. And Monkey Me is rubbish. Her worst album for me. The two albums since have been really good, and Interstellaires is great.

Anyway, I’m super excited. BRING IT MYL.
I understand why so many people don't like Monkey Me, and I agree its completely beneath her after the heights of her Imperial Phase .. I mean what were they thinking? .. but I LOVE Monkey Me the song and I love the trashy eurosynthy sounds.. it would have been a brilliant album from any kind of European Chanteuse .. it's just not up the Mylene's standard. Her run from Cendres de Lune/Ainsi-soit Je/L'Autre-Anamorphosée/Innamoramento is unrivaled though

Last edited:
I think Monkey Me was a massive backwards step after Bleu Noir had not only been a massive change in direction creatively but had given her her first “proper” hit(s) to cross over in ages.

I think Monkey Me was a massive backwards step after Bleu Noir had not only been a massive change in direction creatively but had given her her first “proper” hit(s) to cross over in ages.
can’t argue with this ! 🤝

New album confirmed -
L'EMPRISE 25/11/2022

1666286064097.png

The lead single really didn't do much for me. Hoping there's better on the album.

01. Invisibles 03:35
02. À tout jamais 03:45
03. Que l'aube est belle 05:08
04. L'Emprise 03:54
05. Do You Know Who I Am 04:03
06. Rallumer les étoiles 04:24
07. Rayon vert (avec AaRON) 03:45
08. Ode à l'apesanteur 03:32
09. Que je devienne... 04:14
10. Ne plus renaître 06:06
11. D'un autre part 03:12
12. Bouteille à la mer 04:16
13. Rayon vert (Piano/Voix) 03:12
14. Invisibles (Piano/Voix) 03:32

New single apparently out this friday , a duet with Aaron called ‘Rayon Vert’

New single apparently out this friday , a duet with Aaron called ‘Rayon Vert’
Just had a listen to a few of his songs, rather like “We Cut The Night” and “Blouson Noir” so very intrigued what this will sound like….

Reactions: LTZ
Just had a listen to a few of his songs, rather like “We Cut The Night” and “Blouson Noir” so very intrigued what this will sound like….
those two are my faves too

Okay yes the new one is good it's a MOOD

Who knew Caroline Polachek was a fan ?

Attachments

• IMG_20221124_183618.jpg
    IMG_20221124_183618.jpg
    475.1 KB · Views: 55
It’s out this morning on Spotify .. First impression: it sounds better than anything since Point de Suture for me even though it doesn’t reach the incredible highs of her imperial run of Cendres de Lune- Innamoramento. What’s great is that it sounds more of today than any of her last albums, and also incredibly, purely Myléne. Woodkid and her are a great match.
I have to listen to it more ..

I forgot it was out- ordered the vinyl a few weeks back so it should appear in the next few days I guess, though I noted on Facebook some people complaining about getting physical release delay emails from FNAC who apparently entirely underordered (STOCKING PROBLEMS!)

I love the (first) single but haven't played it much. Looking forward to the album- a) it's got great reviews and b) I love it when she goes a bit more experimental. I wonder if Boutonnat has been kicked to the kerb for good now, then? It's been three albums without him.

And that earlier comment from dear @Ivtz is interesting. "Point de Suture" is nowhere near the upper end of my list.

YES, IT'S ANOTHER MYLENE ALBUM RANK:

1. Innamoramento
2. Bleu Noir
3. Ainsi Soit Je
4. Anamorphosée
5. L'autre
6. Avant Que L'ombre
7. Interstellaires
8. Point de Suture
9. Désobéissance
10.Cendres de Lune
11.Monkey Me

I forgot it was out- ordered the vinyl a few weeks back so it should appear in the next few days I guess, though I noted on Facebook some people complaining about getting physical release delay emails from FNAC who apparently entirely underordered (STOCKING PROBLEMS!)
Same, I only ordered the (red) vinyl from Fnac but now tempted with that ridiculously overpriced CD version.. ugh

Oh I don't need a ridiculous CD version- especially as you KNOW they'll bring out another version with another track in a few weeks' time.

So this is basically the follow up to Bleu Noir with woodkid instead of Red ONE and it’s her best album since then.
The Moby collabs are the most instant but the Archive and Woodkid collabs are definitely more interesting and sure they will grow and grow. Rayon Vert just ascends to another level in the context of the album, LOVE IT.

So this is basically the follow up to Bleu Noir with woodkid instead of Red ONE and it’s her best album since then.

That excites me! I wish she'd continued with the Bleu Noir style theme rather than regressing back to Boutonnat for the boring Monkey Me. I feel like that threw her off her stride for a bit.

Thanks for talking sense into me @Sheena .. my finger was literally hovering over the AJOUTER AU PANIER button :shy:

God knows I'm not one to talk. I've finally ordered the super deluxe Blondie vinyl box set this morning for £238 (inc. P&P) as it's the lowest I've seen it go and it seems to be selling out everywhere. I'm worried they won't repress it. Anyway, I literally bought the superdeluxe even though I own all the studio albums already and could have got the bonus material on vinyl in the 4LP set for about £90.

OH WELL!

That excites me! I wish she'd continued with the Bleu Noir style theme rather than regressing back to Boutonnat for the boring Monkey Me. I feel like that threw her off her stride for a bit.
Putting out A l’ombre as the lead single, when she actually had a proper hit single on the previous album was frustrating. I do quite enjoy bits of the album despite it being nothing new though, plus how could we live without DO YOU LOVE ME? LOVE ME DO, Happy Birthday to you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom