Mylene Farmer - L'EMPRISE era

So this is basically the follow up to Bleu Noir with woodkid instead of Red ONE and it’s her best album since then.
The Moby collabs are the most instant but the Archive and Woodkid collabs are definitely more interesting and sure they will grow and grow. Rayon Vert just ascends to another level in the context of the album, LOVE IT.

Giving a listen now a this description has REALLY sparked my interest :disco:

Try as I might, I just can't get into À tous jamais though. It just feels like such a weak rehash of stuff she's done before.

Giving a listen now a this description has REALLY sparked my interest :disco:

Try as I might, I just can't get into À tous jamais though. It just feels like such a weak rehash of stuff she's done before.
It reminds me of some early 90’s TV theme and I can’t quite recall WHAT

Oh I forgot this was out today :D FLOP FAN!

I actually loved À Tout Jamais in all its basic boppery, so really looking forward to this.
I'm only a few songs in but it's giving me strong Innamoramento vibes? Lost of swirling synths and trancey bleeps, mixed with orchestral DRAMA. Innamoramento is my favourite Mylène album and period so this couldn't be MORE WELCOME :disco: (may change my mind by the end of the album mind :D )

Oh go on then...

1. Avant Que L'ombre
2. Bleu Noir
3. Innamoramento
4. Anamorphosée
5. Point de Suture
6. Ainsi Soit Je
7. Interstellaires
8. L'autre
9. Désobéissance
10. Monkey Me
11. Cendres de Lune

And that earlier comment from dear @Ivtz is interesting. "Point de Suture" is nowhere near the upper end of my list.

YES, IT'S ANOTHER MYLENE ALBUM RANK:

1. Innamoramento
2. Bleu Noir
3. Ainsi Soit Je
4. Anamorphosée
5. L'autre
6. Avant Que L'ombre
7. Interstellaires
8. Point de Suture
9. Désobéissance
10.Cendres de Lune
11.Monkey Me
you’re right I actually wanted to say Avant que l’ombre .. I didn’t like Point de suture much at all

Dans les jardins de Vieeeeennnne. :disco:

This is such a gorgeous and cohesive landscape sonically. A few things blend a little but in a good way but I very much enjoyed my first listen.

I just went down a Mylene live rabbit hole on Youtube , she is such a brilliant popstar . Everything is so completely over the top without even the slightest hint of irony and I’m in LOVE. Also her back catalogue really is astounding, even if her last albums didn’t reach the incredible highs of those first 4.
I’m seriously considering going to see her live again, in spite of my dislike for stadium tours.

This is pretty great. I already liked both the singles but also appreciate the more dramatic, strings heavy moments as the album goes on.

And then out of left field the album is rounded off with a lovely wonderfully dated poppy moment in Bouteille à la mer :disco:

TWO WORLDS COLLIDE.

My two worlds from a decade ago but nevertheless.

• Care
Reactions: LTZ
Anyone going to Mylene's somewhat ominously-named NEVERMORE tour this summer?

I'm quite tempted to pop over to Brussels...

I'm going to Paris on the Saturday. I was doing Marseille also but the £450+ flights made me think twice

You won't regret it. She's spectacular live. I've taken my BF to pretty much every pop concert over the past 10 or so years and he's not really a big pop music aficionado the way we are this gay chat lounge (you know what I mean..), but he has consistently said that Mylene has been the best live act he's been to (CWEJ BOOK OF STATS etc.)

Listening to ET POURTANT... (how random I know) and quite frankly, I am shaking and crying in the corner.

@Sheena Mylene album ranking please! I want to know where L'Emprise sits now that the dust has settled. 🤔

I think mine looks like this:

1. Avant que L'ombre...
2. Bleu Noir
3. Anamorphosee
4. Innamoramento
5. L'autre
6. Interstellaires
7. Point de Suture
8. Ainsi Soit Je...
9. L'Emprise
10. Desobeissance
11. Monkey Me
12. Cendres des Lune

I think mine looks like this:

1. Avant que L'ombre...
2. Bleu Noir
3. Anamorphosee
4. Innamoramento
5. L'autre
6. Interstellaires
7. Point de Suture
8. Ainsi Soit Je...
9. L'Emprise
10. Desobeissance
11. Monkey Me
12. Cendres des Lune
ooh i’d put L’emprise above Interstellaires and Point De Suture myself. Much more cohesive album than the former and more better than Laurent just going through the motions in PDS

Oh mine is VERY DIFFERENT

1. Ainsi Soit- Je
2. Bleu Noir
3. Innamoramento
4. Anamorphosée
5. L'Autre
6. Interstellaires
7. Avant Que L'Ombre
8. L'Emprise
9. Désobéissance
10.Point De Suture
11.Cendres De Lune
12.Monkey Me

I agree very much with @AleX about Point de Suture- it's very much a "going through the motions" for me, but nowhere near to the level of back step Monkey Me was (which still upsets me now). Do you know, I don't think I've EVER sat through the whole of Monkey Me since the first play, despite trying numerous times.

I think we can ALL agree Bleu Noir was the latter career album DU CHOIX, though. WHAT A COMEBACK :disco:

honestly I want her to do a BLeu NOIR anti tour thing with the entire album and outtakes etc please queen.

Gang I’m shaking and crying already at the prospect of Mylening CE SOIR!!!!

honestly I want her to do a BLeu NOIR anti tour thing with the entire album and outtakes etc please queen.

Gang I’m shaking and crying already at the prospect of Mylening CE SOIR!!!!

Imagine if they actually did deluxe editions with proper bonus material.

I can’t believe she’s got much though- she never really did b-sides. And they’ve RE- RELEASED EVERYTHING ELSE FIFTEEN TIMES ALREADY WITH NOTHING NEW.

Mylene's Paris gigs CANCELLED due to the ongoing riots :(

Thank God I went for Brussels. Was anybody going to these?

I feel so lucky that I chose Lyon this time. I suppose The Goddesses Of Pop Music Up Above had to give me this one in return for Madonna being taken unwell and all my North American shows being postponed (most likely cancelled).

Anyway, reckon I'll try to get tickets for MylMyl's additional Paris gig next year.

Great show as always
although we definitely preferred Live 2019.

Current album rankings post-NEVERMORE 2023

1. Avant que L'ombre...
2. Bleu Noir
3. L'autre
4. Innamoramento
5. L'Emprise
6. Anamorphosee
7. Interstellaires
8. Ainsi Soit Je...
9. Point de Suture
10. Desobeissance
11. Monkey Me