Next Tory leader/ UK Prime Minister (2022)

Least disgusting?

• Total voters
Can we not rename this thread? It was specific to the leadership contest.

Reactions: Hak
so she got 57% of the vote against a widely despised rival. there really is very minimal enthusiasm for Liz Truss, even among these freaks and reprobates, and that bodes quite well.

so she got 57% of the vote against a widely despised rival. there really is very minimal enthusiasm for Liz Truss, even among these freaks and reprobates, and that bodes quite well.
I worry that Rishi's shift to full fascism won some folk over :(

I notice Rishi's wife was nowhere to be seen :side-eye:
pw scrooge GIF

How are we supposed to convince younger generations that there's such a thing as a meritocracy when that binbag full of testosterone-laced porridge has been succeeded as PRIME FUCKING MINISTER by a Cheesestring with a humiliation fetish?

Liz Truss got 57.4% of the vote, and Rishi Sunak received 42.6%. That means, of the four Conservative party leaders elected after a ballot of the whole membership, she is the only one to have secured less than 60% of the vote.

At 82.6%, the turnout was lower than it was in the ballot that saw Boris Johnson elected in 2019. But it was higher than in 2001 and in 2005 (when the party was in opposition, and the result counted for less.)

In 2001 Iain Duncan Smith beat Ken Clarke in the final ballot with 60.7% of the vote over Clarke’s 39.3%. Turnout was 78.3%.

In 2005 David Cameron beat David Davis in the final ballot with 67.6% of the vote over Davis’s 32.3%. Turnout was 78.4%.

And in 2019 Boris Johnson beat Jeremy Hunt in the final ballot with 66.4% of the vote over Hunt’s 33.6%. Turnout was 87.4%

Theresa didn't need a members poll because once she reached the final two Andrea Leadsom dropped out.

Well, all she has to do is somehow avert the 52p/kWh stuff and she and the Tories are set for another decade

How badly will she fuck up?

Shitting and crying ten minutes in please :disco:

Post new PM/new monarch/energy package announcement yougov poll:

Latest Westminster voting intention (11-12 Sep);

Con: 32% (+3 from 6-7 Sep)
Lab: 42% (-2)
Lib Dem: 10% (=)
Green: 7% (=)
Reform UK: 2% (-1)
SNP: 4% (-1)

A small(I would say expected) bounce for Liz...but yeah I would say the Tories are very much still in trouble.

I mean, they're closing Parliament as much as possible to stop her making an arse of things and she still only gets a tiny bounce. We'll find out if she was sufficiently upset for the British public soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom