Olivia Rodrigo - GUTS (spilled) re-release out now

SOUR did almost 295k with two monster hits so 250-265k with no major hit so GUTS' numbers aren't as bad as Dua stans and Swifties are making it seem to be.

i will say though, this girl is not given the full potential she should get. SOUR was rush-released, and they waited way too long for GUTS. she needs to learn more about timing from the music industry, not just the art of writing an angsty bridge.

i still haven't fully dived into to the album. she makes me feel 90 even tho i'm 10 years older than her? i'll give it a go later on.

Last edited:
Biggest female debuts on Spotify excluding Taylor Swift:

#1 - Ariana Grande - Thank u, Next - 70.2M
#2 - SZA - SOS - 68.7M
#3 - Olivia Rodrigo - Sour - 63.2M
#4 - Adele - 30 - 60.9M
#5 - Olivia Rodrigo - GUTS - 60.3M *NEW*
#6 - Ariana Grande - Positions - 58.7M
#7 - Lady Gaga - Chromatica - 48.3M
#8 - Billie Eilish - WWAFA,WDWG? - 47M
#9 - Beyonce - Renaissance - 43.3M
#10 - Billie Eilish - HTE - 37.3M

SOUR did almost 295k with two monster hits so 250-265k with no major hit so GUTS' numbers aren't as bad as Dua stans and Swifties are making it seem to be.

i will say though, this girl is not given the full potential she should get. SOUR was rush-released, and they waited way too long for GUTS. she needs to learn more about timing from the music industry, not just the art of writing an angsty bridge.

i still haven't fully dived into to the album. she makes me feel 90 even tho i'm 10 years older than her? i'll give it a go later on.

Vampire HAS been a major hit though. I think these numbers are just fine for her anyway. Good to see at least one new artist able to do this.

Last edited:
Have we seen that there's a different unlisted bonus track on each of the 4 colour variations she sold on her website? One of them turns up on various pressings but the other 3 seem to be exclusive. Nice wee bonus for the stans who ordered the lot.

absolutely in love with lacy and making the bed.

the rest isn't clicking though...

Another listen has clicked a few more songs into place - turns out it just needs a few spins. I think Making The Bed and The Grudge are my favourites right now, although Lacy is a treat.

GREAT new video for one of the album's best tracks

I'm just beginning my journey with this album (first listen was v nice) but has there been a worse lyric recently than "Lacy, oh Lacy, skin like puff pastry"???

Is she SWOLLEN, DRY AND FLAKY?

I'm just beginning my journey with this album (first listen was v nice) but has there been a worse lyric recently than "Lacy, oh Lacy, skin like puff pastry"???

Is she SWOLLEN, DRY AND FLAKY?

Some of us have eczema, okay? :(

"Love is Embarrassing" is an ANTHEM

real housewives dancing GIF by RealityTVGIFs

single please!

I think I’m a bit obsessed with this album :shy:

Is there an upper age limit on being an OR stan and what are we called? ORrs?

there are a few too many twee ballads on here, some of them more Harry Styles than Avril Lavigne which is the direction I'd prefer her softer stuff to take. Logical is kinda shit.

overall though I'm rally enjoying. pretty isn't pretty had BETTER get some kind of push.

BEST TO WORST

vampire
all-american bitch
pretty isn't pretty
love is embarrassing
-
bad idea right?
ballad of a homeschooled girl
get him back!
lacy
making the bed
the grudge
-
teenage dream
logical

I gave the album my first listen this morning. I thought there were maybe not quite as many ballads as the first album, though I'd had enough halfway through Teenage Dream and listened to something else.

Lacy is a lovely different kind of midtempo thing for her and get him back! and love is embarrassing back to back two thirds through the album is quite the treat.

well, the grudge is a blatant drivers license retread but at least it's not a single

Loving 'Bad Idea Right' just more and more. Those verses are infectious. Could this climb to #1 like Vampire? Is she releasing a physical?

Loving 'Bad Idea Right' just more and more. Those verses are infectious. Could this climb to #1 like Vampire? Is she releasing a physical?

My guess is bad idea right has been scrapped and replaced with get him back which seems to be having a big push with live performances and a video :(

My guess is bad idea right has been scrapped and replaced with get him back which seems to be having a big push with live performances and a video :(

Well Bad Idea Right has just been added to the R2 playlist this week which suggests her pluggers are plugging it?

08 all-american bitch - beautiful verses, beautiful chords.
09 bad idea right? - this has grown a lot on me. my brain goes ahhhhhhh! is monumental.
10 vampire - her best song ever
09 lacy - @Finn ruined the puff pastry lyric but the song still hits and gives Radiohead vibes, although sth tells me it will be an intolerable 04 in a few years
05 ballad of an unhinged swiftie - skip
09 making the bed - i love this so much, it is the most driver's license thing in here
05 logical - zzz
06 get him back! - the video made me like it but it is still dollar store punk garbage
09 love is embarrassing - the verses are the most interesting and lethal she's sounded. this is the oomph the whole album should have served. mid chorus
06 the grudge - dreary
07 pretty isn't pretty - LOVE the beat and verses. she does write dry choruses tho huh
07 teenage dream - the bridge and outro give life, the rest gives singer-songwriter Hillary Duff. also being titled after the most influential pop record of the last 15 years set it up for failure.

she really said 1 step forward, 2 steps back with this one. given the time she had to create it i expected so much more.

84 SOUR
70 GUTS

Those are great news because I really want bad idea right to have its MOMENT

It’s flown up the charts thanks to the album release, which I imagine will be its peaks in most places. I guess it suffers slightly from Vampire still doing so well, a bit like Deja Vu doing rather well but being dwarfed by DL still hanging around (given labels don’t like to wait longer than about 8 weeks between singles now).

Nice that it’s still hopefully going to have time to run it’s full chart life prior to the next one getting sent to radio and promotion.

I'm ready for a rate:

07 all-american bitch
08 bad idea right?
10 vampire
06 lacy
07 ballad of a homeschooled girl
09 making the bed
05 logical
09 get him back!
10 love is embarrassing
07 the grudge
09 pretty isn't pretty
07 teenage dream

I can see a lot of it still growing though. I prefer it to Sour.

I'm really enjoying it.

10 all-american bitch
08 bad idea right?
11 vampire
07.5 lacy
07.5 ballad of a homeschooled girl
07 making the bed
05 logical
07.5 get him back!
10 live is embarrassing
06.5 the grudge
10 pretty isn't pretty