Olivia Rodrigo - GUTS (spilled) re-release out now

the answer to that will probably depend on how well it performs. either way i'm so excited for the album!

Ok that’s two out of two for this girl so far. Never bothered with the last outside the first two singles, but I am hooked now.

What fabulous lyrics :D

#1. drivers license
#3. deja vu
#1. good 4 u
#9. traitor
#1. vampire
#10. bad idea right?

she's giving early 90s Mariah Carey with that charting which is A LOT to take in.

Makes me wish Brutal had been a proper single at some point but it had to walk so bad idea right? could SOAR!

Makes me wish Brutal had been a proper single at some point but it had to walk so bad idea right? could SOAR!

I mean, it's virtually the same song - the "fuck it, it's fine" bit is in the exact same rhythm as "it's brutal out here". But it's bloody good fun and I thoroughly enjoyed the video.

she did recently say that GUTS, unlike SOUR, will be "so much FUN" and i don't know why my 97-year-old ass got so EXCITED about that

SECURITY!

Last edited:
Will it hit ACR next Friday? The album is out next Friday but assumedly that may be too late to save it in what will be the single's 11th week.

it would be a shame if Vampire goes on ACR like Dance the Night so soon after #1, t's one of this summer's best and biggest hit singles. OCC rules remain weird.

the grudge and lacy are highkey about taylor?

You built me up to watch me fall
You have everything and you still want more

i really hope taylor doesn't write about or address this feud because a 34-year-old woman fighting with a little girl is not a good look :D

i really hope taylor doesn't write about or address this feud because a 34-year-old woman fighting with a little girl is not a good look :D

I MEAN, it's already bad enough that we're here STREAMING (as we should tbh) and I've been serving this all morning. (I'm too old for this bitch but the songs are good.)

freaky-friday-jamie-lee-curtis-playing-guitar-mbyk2mqf03rq0owg.jpg

This is Taylor Swift we're talking about. She is not going to address this feud. She's just going to get her legal team to ruin her life.

Is there any specific evidence of this feud aside from these vague AF lyrics? :D

Is there any specific evidence of this feud aside from these vague AF lyrics? :D
Olivia's reply in the NYT interview was very telling. there is very definitely unhappiness from her side.

US first day numbers beat Sour

#1 (NEW) all-american bitch — 2,952,438
#2 (+9) bad idea right? — 2,847,573 (+229.73%)
#3 (NEW) get him back! — 2,635,495
#4 (+4) vampire — 2,513,347 (+161.64%)
#5 (NEW) ballad of a homeschooled girl — 2,366,184
#6 (NEW) lacy — 2,360,515
#7 (NEW) making the bed — 2,358,537
#8 (NEW) logical — 2,306,373
#9 (NEW) the grudge — 2,197,001
#11 (NEW) love is embarrassing — 2,055,237
#13 (NEW) pretty isn’t pretty — 1,837,165
#14 (NEW) teenage dream — 1,695,205

Total Streams: 28,125,070

Global:

#3 vampire 6,85M
#4 bad idea right? 6,55M
#5 all-american bitch 6,14M
#6 get him back! 5,91M
#8 lacy 4,81M
#9 ballad of a homeschooled girl 4,8M
#10 making the bed 4,79M
#12 logical 4,6M
#15 the grudge 4,41M
#16 love is embarrassing 4,19M
#19 pretty isn't pretty 3,76M
#23 teenage dream 3,5M

How did her last album open on Spotify?
Four million more globally, but a bit less in the US than GUTS, I think. For context, "good 4 u" was exploding at the time so these numbers are good if it can stabilize. "Vampire" is starting to decline at radio but should return to Hot 100 #1 next week given the album release.

all-american bitch is very very good. I would say a contender for her best song? the verses are SO gorgeous. and the chorus works the best of all the rockier songs on this album. very nostalgic to me. 10/10

On two listens, I really like a lot of the songs but it's not as cohesive an album as Sour. I guess that doesn't matter much in the era of playlists but for an ol' fogey like me, the running order doesn't work. But there's plenty of good stuff to be had and it does rather zip by. I do suspect that some of these songs have been designed for specific slots in her live set.

Had a couple of listens today as well...

LOVE
vampire (her best song to date in my opinion)
making the bed

REALLY LIKE
get him back!

CAN TAKE OR LEAVE
the rest

Last edited:
While I like the drama surrounding the grudge, it's just drivers license again but not as good

Yeah I’m the same, The Grudge was the only stand out so far.

US projection:

O-ROD, V LEAD NEW RELEASES

Olivia Rodrigo's sophomore album, GUTS (Geffen), will debut at #1 on Friday's HITS Top 50. On-demand audio streams are tracking to a first week total of 170-190m. BTS' V is aiming for 100k with his 6-track solo EP, Layover (BIGHIT/Geffen).

Olivia Rodrigo (Geffen) 250-265k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom