Phillip Schofield's Career DEAD

"Schofield said his relationship with the young employee, who the BBC is not naming, was "unwise but not illegal"."

The entirety of that statement shows Phil's been telling a lot of PHIBS.

Did we see this from Popbitch yesterday?
>> Remote possibility <<
If you come at the king...

Realistically, what are the chances of Phillip Schofield appearing on ITV again? If you read Saturday afternoon's statements, you might have thought they were slim-to-middling. If you caught Monday's bloodless "tribute" to him on This Morning, you probably dialled them down another notch.

Behind the scenes, the odds are looking longer still.

Word is that Holly Willoughby didn't go to This Morning editor Martin Frizell to get Phillip axed. She didn't go to the channel's Managing Director Kevin Lygo either. Taking no chances, Holly went over both of their heads and brought her complaint to ITV's Chief Exec Carolyn McCall instead.

So if the order to kill Phil came right from the top, it's hard to see how he makes it back from here.

I turned into GB News for some erudite debate about the issue (I particularly enjoyed someone from C4's THE GREAT BRITISH SEX EXPERIMENT accusing him of shagging young kids to the terror of the entire studio and legal department last week), but was greeted by Laurence Fox droning on about how the woke left have gone barmy.

Where is Kim Woodburn? Where is Lady C? Maybe Phil can get a job there now Celebrity Big Brother's no longer around.

I turned into GB News for some erudite debate about the issue (I particularly enjoyed someone from C4's THE GREAT BRITISH SEX EXPERIMENT accusing him of shagging young kids to the terror of the entire studio and legal department last week), but was greeted by Laurence Fox droning on about how the woke left have gone barmy.

Where is Kim Woodburn? Where is Lady C? Maybe Phil can get a job there now Celebrity Big Brother's no longer around.
Whereas I'm off to my Phil Hate Site of Choice, the HAUS FRAU CESSPIT

Did we see this from Popbitch yesterday?
I don't understand what she complained about and on what basis - she doesn't like that her colleague slept with an 18 year old? Or that he told her a lie? These are not grounds to get someone fired!

Or is the story that he actually fucked him when he was a minor?

When is Holly supposed to be returning to This Morning?

I don't understand what she complained about and on what basis - she doesn't like that her colleague slept with an 18 year old? Or that he told her a lie? These are not grounds to get someone fired!

Or is the story that he actually fucked him when he was a minor?
Apparently not? He seems to have met him after he turned 16

What a spectacular fall from grace! :o

Surely his career for all intents and purposes is over?

I wonder will said young man who Phil was just trying to protect :( come forward now

20230526_212549.png

Dan Wootton trying to claim he left ITV as a result of trying to out him has bitten him hard in the comments.

What an insufferable prick. :D

Indeed. I don't condone any of his behaviour, what he did or didn't do. But I do hope there is someone out there looking after him so this doesn't go the way of Caroline Flack.
that's exactly how I feel about this. the way this story is blowing up in a very hostile UK media environment makes me hope for his family's sake that nothing gets tragic.

that's exactly how I feel about this. the way this story is blowing up in a very hostile UK media environment makes me hope for his family's sake that nothing gets tragic.
When ex-colleagues and supposed friends are taking the opportunity to pounce, it wouldn't surprise me.

Perhaps it would just be better that TV personalities didn't wield so much power... so there isn't a chance of something like this happening. "Golden handcuff" deals are frankly, ridiculous.

Why are some people so convinced Holly knew more?

WHY DO I CARE?
Because EVERYBODY knew. There are no details to this story tonight that hadn’t been doing the rounds on Twitter for years already. It just is not feasible that it wasn’t already broadly known within ITV.

I'm sure there will be plenty of revelations to come that justify this having its own thread

Because EVERYBODY knew. There are no details to this story tonight that hadn’t been doing the rounds on Twitter for years already. It just is not feasible that it wasn’t already broadly known within ITV.
So it isn't just Holly then - presumably it goes way above her.

Surely This Morning can't survive this, no matter who they shuffle into place?

Is this even more sordid than we have been led to believe?

I don't condone a witch-hunt against one individual, particularly if it's led by media personalities with their own agenda.

So it isn't just Holly then - presumably it goes way above her.

Surely This Morning can't survive this, no matter who they shuffle into place?
There's a PB piece that has been doing the rounds that suggests that (what I assume was damage control) Holly went above the heads of two managers at This Morning to have Philip removed.

There’s some fairly damning evidence out there that suggests they first met when he was in his early teens, which even if nothing happened until he was 18+ certainly feels QUITE OFF.

The press seem to be avoiding this for now, but I doubt it’ll stay that way for long.

There's only ONE PAIR that can save This Morning now.
MLJHlA.gif
I'm quite shocked at how big This Morning actually is. Even when I'm off from work, I'll only watch live daytime TV in the background while I'm too ill to care, and even then the BBC Bargain Hunt and Homes Under The Hammer repeats would be preferable to anything on ITV.

Last edited:
Reactions: COB
There’s some fairly damning evidence out there that suggests they first met when he was in his early teens, which even if nothing happened until he was was 18+ certainly feels QUITE OFF.

The press seem to be avoiding this for now, but I doubt it’ll stay that way for long.
It’s certainly implied in his statement that when they met, the guy was not legal. I know it just says he was “a teenager” but why is it worth mentioning at all if there weren’t a clear distinction to be made?

There are photographs and screenshots dating back to when the guy was 14 at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom