PJ Harvey - general discussion (new vinyl reissues)

So this isn't the album people sat and watched her record then? What happened to that, I wonder?

I completely forgot that it was a UK No. 1 album! Never got into it to be honest. Possibly my least favourite album of hers...

You know I have NEVER EVER been able to get into this bitch.

Reactions: Zu
i totally missed the last one as well. strange to realise that. i guess she was the last to go the way of tori amos and bjork only i think pj was actually (and probably still is) releasing great music.

i totally missed the last one as well. strange to realise that. i guess she was the last to go the way of tori amos and bjork only i think pj was actually (and probably still is) releasing great music.
In all fairness, I enjoyed Native Invader and Utopia a fair bit more than Hope Demolition 6.

To Bring You My Love and Let England Shake are my favourite PJ albums and the ones I find the most accessible.

I think I listened to Hope 6 Demolition Project all of twice.

:D I’m sure she’s very pleasant in real life (well, possibly) and kind to badgers and what not, but the face, image, voice and songs have always hit the wrong note for me. Absolutely zero interest

In all fairness, I enjoyed Native Invader and Utopia a fair bit more than Hope Demolition 6.

I had to google ‘Native Invader’ because I had no recollection of a Tori album being called that, which shows how much attention I’ve been paying to her recent goods. Oh TORI :(

Full set of vinyl remasters coming soon! :disco: but also :bruised: in that I'm going to have to buy them all now :D

ABOUT TIME too may I add. I only have To Bring You My Love, Let England Shake and THSD Project.

I would also add Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea to the Queen of Pop's holy triptych of albums actuellement.

I'll have to give that another go. My memory is that she morphed into half Bono, half half of Trinny and Susannah, which feels rather lazy of me. We Float does pop in my head an awful lot though. I guess I just liked the unhinged theatrics that were so inviting before.

I put My Naked Cousin on earlier. What a bruised and rouged banger. I still remember hearing that for the first time in the form of a Glasto performance and thinking she was simply unreal. I might have to put that one on later too.

OMG thanks bb @Suedey <3

Snatched the Rid Of Me with signed art-card (That art card had BETTER be the album cover..!)

QUITE pricey once shipping is factored in, considering the reissue itself would be about £17.99. But if I were to have any album cover signed and hung on my wall, Ride Of Me would be the one :disco:

OMG thanks bb @Suedey <3

Snatched the Rid Of Me with signed art-card (That art card had BETTER be the album cover..!)

QUITE pricey once shipping is factored in, considering the reissue itself would be about £17.99. But if I were to have any album cover signed and hung on my wall, Ride Of Me would be the one :disco:
Yep I also got the same. I was tempted with 4-Track Demos as well but considering the others will probably also come I would probably save the cash now and spend it on another (studio) album rather than 4-Track Demos (which I still LOVE).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom